Same Birthdays
Posted by Lorin Dixson (+600) 13 years ago
Today Nov 20, is my birthday. It is also my brother Dales (Red), my son Solomon and my grandson Micheal. Does anyone else have same birthdays in their family.
supporter
Posted by CLD (+543) 13 years ago
No, not today, but my husband and I share the same birthday (May 24)...so we got married on our birthdays. Needless to say, he NEVER forgets my birthday OR our anniversary!
Posted by Matt - Schmitz (+170) 13 years ago
I have 2 ex girlfriends that share the same birthday as me. And another ex girlfriend whose parents wedding anniversary is the same day as my birthday. That has always struck me as a little odd, considering we all grew up in Miles City.

[This message has been edited by Matt - Schmitz (11/20/2009)]
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6169) 13 years ago
We don't share birthdays but my husband and I got married on my birthday. Not really purposely but it just turned out to be the best weekend to do it.
Posted by Josh Rath (+2309) 13 years ago
I, as far as I currently know, do not share a birthday with anyone in my family. But I do in this thread...(May 24th)... Hah
Posted by Kacey (+3151) 13 years ago
In my family we all tend to have birthdays on the 18th. Me, my husband, my ex, my daughter, my dad, my son-in-law, etc. You can pretty much count on a birthday on the 18th of the month.
Posted by Maureen Secrest (+49) 13 years ago
My grandaughter, Leighton Hirsch, shares my birthday on Dec. 2. My husband, Walt, surprised me on my birthday when he took me out for my birthday and had people there see us get married at the Elks Club in Hardin. Only five people there knew we were getting married and I wasn't one of them Surprise!
supporter
Posted by Colette Butcher (+408) 13 years ago
In our family, my husband's birthday is March 21st(first day of spring), my birthday is June 21st (first day of summer) and our oldest daughter's birthday is September 21st (first day of fall).
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6123) 13 years ago
This probably isn't nearly as cool as a true pattern, but I was born when my Dad was almost exactly 27 1/2 years old. His birthday is March 19. Mine is Sept. 24. My oldest son was born on March 20, when I was almost exactly 27 1/2 years old.

I will be expecting my first grandson in late September of 2031.
Posted by angelsfy (+418) 13 years ago
i have a sister who has 3 girls born 2 yrs and 2 days apartin month of june 6,1982 june 8,1984 and june 10,1986
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10023) 13 years ago
When I took statistics at Eastern Montana College, the instructor (in a class of perhaps 30 or so) asked what the probability was of two people in the same room having the same birthday. The consensus was about 1 in 365. (Let's just say there were 36 people in the room, making the math much easier.)

Given that figure, most would figure the chances were roughly 10%. WRONG. Once you get about 20 or so people together, the probability goes above 50% (if I remember correctly.)

He wagered that two in the room had the same, and each student called out their birthday, one by one, and sure enough before even half way through the class ... probably only about 10 or 15 in ... two had the same.

Thus is statistics.

I have a relative with the same birthday as me -- September 2nd.

My father, and the mother of my significant other, both had the same birthday -- April 15th.

I've got a great grandfather who both born and died on Christmas Day, albeit 75 years later -- December 25th.

In my Harrington heritage, which directly correlates to Miles City, my great grandmother, was the first of 13 siblings -- 6 girls in a row, then 7 boys in a row -- what are the chances of that?

And on it goes. Odds and probabilities aren't necessarily what you might think.
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+481) 13 years ago
My birthday is March 3rd, my sons is October 23rd, and my daughter is October 3rd....lots of threes. My first granddaughter was born today on November 22....she missed by one day!!! Darn it! But she is just sooooo very cute!
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4947) 13 years ago
Congrats on the birth of your granddaughter...Grands are wonderful additions to your life...Enjoy them to the fullest, we sure do...
supporter
Posted by Cindy (+390) 13 years ago
Congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter!!

In regards to the thread, my mom and her sister both have their birthday on September 7 - six years apart.

And it seems this thread is full of folks that have their birthday on May 24. That's also my dad's birthday. My brother was born one week earlier, May 17.
Posted by Maryann McDaniel (+253) 13 years ago
I have the same birthday as my cousin Eileen, as well as my husband's ex-wife's current husband James, july 29. I have an interesting relationship with my husband's former family. We call them in-laws, ex-laws, and out-laws. We always celebrate together and get along quite well. Some think this strange, but once one understands that life is short and anger is not worth it, it is not so strange.

We just spent the weekend in Lousiana celebrating my husband's birthday with his kids, their spouses, and his ex-wife, her spouse, and friends of all when they were much younger. Great time was had by all.

My daughter has the same birthday as my husband's granddaughter, Dec. 6, and they are only about three years apart in age.