Big Brother/ Big Sister
Posted by Mrs. P (+358) 11 years ago
I am wondering if our community has any kind of program like the Big Brother/ Big Sister program set up. There are alot of students out there in Miles City that could use a positive role model in their lives. Maybe even one of the student groups from the high school or college could mentor these kids as a project. I know there is the afterschool ROCKS program but not all the kids do well in a group environment, some really just need some one on one time they could spend talking with a positive influence. If there is anyone out there that knows of anything please let me know!
Posted by Slosh (+694) 11 years ago
I was apart of the Big Brother/Big Sister program in high school, and would love to see it here too.
Posted by Mrs. P (+358) 11 years ago
Anyone out there know how we would go about getting something like this kicked off here in town?
Posted by Skye W (+18) 11 years ago
I would go strai to Key Club at the high school, the Principle, or SADD. Miles City could reallyuse something like that!
Posted by Todd Riddle (+84) 11 years ago
Or you could contact Big Brothers Big sisters in Billings!
Posted by polar bear (+514) 11 years ago
Miles City used to have a BB/BS program as I was a Big Sister for 2 years while I went to MCC in the 70's there.
Posted by Todd Riddle (+84) 11 years ago
I would so be a part of it if it were here, I did all the paperwork and interviewing in Billings 3 years ago then moved to MC short of ever connecting with a "little bro", I'll try it again in January
supporter
Posted by spacekace (+889) 11 years ago
I was in the BB/BS program when I was in high school. We got a class and went there once a month... It was fun! In Bozeman I did all of the paperwork and interview to get a little sister, but then moved shortly after. I think a program like that would be wonderful in MC!