Harrington
founder
Posted by Darrell Petorak (+17) 21 years ago
Larry,

Thought I'd better start another thread for this one. Saw your last post under "St Louis House" on your Harrington connection

My g-g-grandmother was Eliza Harrington who married Niels Sorenson. Was wondering if Eliza was perhaps a sister to one of your relatives? Eliza's mother was Rozilla Harrington.

Anyhow, I recently came upon an old pic of Rozilla, Eliza, Laura Sorenson Thomas, and Laura's son Bruce. I'm guessing the photo was taken about 1906 in MC.

Again, the site is great.

Darrell
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10013) 21 years ago
My g-g-grandfather was Abe Harrington (Eliza's brother).

So that means we're related -- both direct descendants of Henry Harrington and Rosella Bently.

I recently added a biographical sketch for Abe here:

https://milescity.com/his...aphies/317

It briefly mentions the parents. I would be really interested to see the picture and would be happy to share anything I have. I'll send you my e-mail address.

Regards, Larry

[This message has been edited by Larry Antram (edited 5/24/2001).]
admin
founder
FYI, you can find Mrs. Rozella Harrington in the Roster of Old Timers section of Recollections of Old Milestown. She's included in the October 1881 roster.

https://milescity.com/his.../oldtimers
founder
Posted by Rita Mulkey George (+20) 21 years ago
Larry, are these Harringtons related to the Ekalaka Herringstons? Rita George

[This message has been edited by Rita Mulkey George (edited 3/2/2001).]
admin
founder
I really don't know. I would need more information in order to make a guess. Do you know what some of the old folks names were, how old the "Herringston" spelling is, or where/when they came to southeastern Montana from?
founder
Posted by Elizabeth Davis (+11) 21 years ago
Larry,
Abe Harrington is my mothers great uncle. I went to that web site you posted and the woman refered to as Martha my mother always heard her called as Maddie. My mothers mother was Elizabeth Edna Clayton. She was born in July 21, 1897 in Miles City, MT.

Elizabeth Davis
admin
founder
Hi Elizabeth,
Looks like we are related too then. If I understand correctly, the tree goes something like this?

[f]Henry Harrington (b: 1830)
m: Rozilla Bently (b: abt 1833, d:1911)
|-- Eliza Harrington (b: 1855)
| m: Niels P. Sorenson
| +-- Darrell's g-grandparents
| +-- Darell's grandparents
| +-- Darrell's parents
| +-- Darrell Petorak
|-- Abe Harrington (b: 1867, d:1948)
| m: Martha Carolyn (Mattie) Fleming (b: 1873, d: 1949)
| +-- Flossie (Helen) Harrington (b: 1891, d:1918)
| m: Thomas Henry McFarland (b: 1874, d: 1958)
| +-- My grandparents
| +-- My parents
| +-- Me...Larry Antram
+-- #1???
m: #2???
+-- Elizabeth Edna Clayton (b: 1897)
+-- Your Mother
+-- You...Elizabeth Davis[/f]Is this correct? If so, then who is #1???. Or is Eliza Harrington #1???

Regards, Larry

[This message has been edited by Larry Antram (edited 5/23/2001).]
founder
Posted by Elizabeth Davis (+11) 21 years ago
Larry,
Mildred Harrington Clayton is the sister of Eliza. Mildred is also the youngest of the children. b: 01/27/1875
d: 12/13/1946. She was born in Indiana, and died in Los Angeles, CA

Mildred Harrington
m: Douglas Clayton
children: Gladys Rozella
Elizabeth Edna
Drucilla
Alton
Mayne
Mildred
All of Mildred's children are deceased. Some of Gladys children and grandchildren live in California and Minnisota. Some of
Drucilla's children and grandchildren live in Canada. My mom has no idea what happened to Alton. She said that when he left
MC no one ever heard from him again.

I think that this is correct

My mom would be glad to talk with you. She said she remembers seeing her Uncle Abe when he was an adult. (We might have
a picture of him). My mom would have to use snail mail to talk with you. She has no computer.

Elizabeth Davis

[This message has been edited by Elizabeth Davis (edited 5/24/2001).]

[This message has been edited by Elizabeth Davis (edited 5/28/2001).]
Posted by Ken Vandegrift (+3) 9 years ago
Elizabeth, I am one of Drucilla's grandchildren. Her only child Continues to live in Canada, while my wife and I along with our children and grandchildren live here in the States. From Drucilla there are 6 grandchildren, 10 greatgrandchildren and 17 great great grandchildren. It appears that the Harrington/Clayton line maternally is traced back through Bentley/Brockway (Rosilla's parents)through Brockway/Gardner through Brockway/Smith. Strangely enough, I now live in Connecticut where part of the ancestry started in the 1600's. It appears that I have a tie with you and several others.

Ken Vandegrift