Rap:Translated
Posted by Heath H (+642) 11 years ago
Posted by Smiley (+849) 11 years ago
I always thought the word rap meant "retards attempting poetry". That's what my dad always taught me lol
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6015) 11 years ago
Rap's not the greatest, but it beats the holy living hell out of 90% of country music.
Posted by Steve Sullivan (+1205) 11 years ago
Brian
Better than this?
http://www.youtube.com/wa...vlVsklGAkQ

[This message has been edited by Steve Sullivan (10/29/2009)]
Better when muted? No. Hells no.

When the volume is turned up, yes.

Sara Evans is best seen, not heard.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6166) 11 years ago
Posted by Slosh (+703) 11 years ago
Brian- It's nice to know we agree on something other than Cowboy football, Cowgirl basketball and Pioneer baseball.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+15993) 11 years ago
I cannot think of a single rap song that is better than Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, George Jones, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, Hank Williams, Lefty Frizzell, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Horton, Johnny Paycheck, etc.

And that's just listing the country artists off the top of my head from over 25 years ago.

Greg Allman said it best, "Rap is just an abbreviation for crap."
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+15993) 11 years ago
Rap can be okay if done country style, though...
Slosh wrote:
Brian- It's nice to know we agree on something other than Cowboy football, Cowgirl basketball and Pioneer baseball.

I was starting to wonder, actually.

Gunnar Emilsson wrote:
I cannot think of a single rap song that is better than Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, George Jones, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, Hank Williams, Lefty Frizzell, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Horton, Johnny Paycheck, etc.

If that's the extent of your thinking, Gunnar, then you REALLY need to listen to something other than the artists you mentioned.
Posted by logan earley (+111) 11 years ago
Gunnar Emilsson wrote:

Thanks Gunnar. I was starting to think I was the only one with good taste!
Posted by Sharon Clarke (+76) 11 years ago
I don't mind an occasional rap song, but I must admit after too long they all start to sound the same, and some of them can get rather nasty with the lyrics. I love a very wide range of music from country to pop to rock, heavy metal, classical, piano (like George Winston), etc.

I like a lot of the older country artists too. Seems like country music was so different back then. I love listening to Patsy Cline, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard(gotta have Merle).

I can totally respect the fact that everyone has completely different taste in music, but some of my all time favorites artists are Journey, 38 Special, Boston, AC/DC, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Dave Matthews Band, EAGLES (woohoo!), and much much more.

Probably explains why I have about 30gigs filled with music on my computer.

[This message has been edited by Sharon Clarke (10/30/2009)]