2009 World Series
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17954) 12 years ago
Is, like, Cliff Lee a FREAKIN' PITCHIN' STUD OR WTF??????????

That said, a great first game....the only error (singular) was on the winners.

Derek Jeter, as much as I dislike him, is truly Hall of Fame material.

But Chase Utley............WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1903) 12 years ago
The Twins and Angels played the Yankees like a couple of nervous junior high girls softball teams. Now they have to face a team with some swagger. Lee's catch of Damon's pop-up was classic!
supporter
Posted by Julie (+418) 12 years ago
YOWZA! What a game! WHAT A GAME! Tune in tomorrow when Pedro reveals the name of his DADDY! GO PHILLIES! SKANKEES SUCK!
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6118) 12 years ago
The game reminded me of an old Eazy-E lyric (from "Eazy-Duz-It")

He shot (Pow! Pow!)
I shot (rat-a-tat-tat!)

... as you can see, I cold smoked his ass! (sound of Pac-Man video game death in background)

Way to go, Phillies. Keep it up.

Go El Duro!
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10018) 12 years ago
Damn, I missed the game. That stated, Derek Jeter has always been, and shall remain forever, an overrated hack. Go Phillies!!!
Posted by mule train (+1054) 12 years ago
I watched the game at a bar in Waikiki today surrounded by Yankee fans. A local tv station showed up to film a piece about the Phillies in the World Series. They saw that I was the only Phils fan at the bar and so they interviewed me. I told that that I was a life long Phillies fan and that I was positive that they would repeat this year...due in large part to the "Flying Hawiian" Shane Victorino. They liked that and kept asking me questions about Victorino...I told them that I was from Denver and that Shane was a big reason why the Rockies are at home right now. They asked me about all the Yankee fans and I told them..."we are all Americans... you gotta love your neighbor no matter how misguided they are...besides they are easy to be around when Cliff Lee is pitching."

He is the man! I loved his pop fly catch at the waist.
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3743) 12 years ago
MilesCity.com Webmaster wrote:
Derek Jeter has always been, and shall remain forever, an overrated hack.

I don't know WHERE to begin to tell you how wrong that statement is Webmaster.

Perhaps this will educate you a little:

http://www.baseball-refer...html?redir

An "Overrated Hack" indeed.
Kyle, as a Yankees fan, I'm sure that you will have a hard time realizing this ... as good as Nancy is, he's still overrated.

He's good. Not great. Not the greatest. Not even in the discussion.

Keep in mind that "overrated" doesn't mean "bad," Kyle. It means that he's not as good as people think he is.

He could be twice as good as he is now and still be overrated. New York fans have the belief that he is the greatest shortstop ever. He's not even the best shortstop on his own team.

He never was a great defensive player, but he's now below-average. His range is terrible. The "athletic" plays that he makes often look more dramatic than they need to be ... in other words, he makes the routine look difficult (and then somehow gets credit for it).

He has a lot of hits ... but for a 6'3", 195-pound man, he hits far too many weak balls of pus just over the infield to be considered great.

If he wasn't so pretty - or if played for the Royals or the Diamondbacks, Kyle - no one would have ever heard of him.

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (10/28/2009)]
Spoken by the Red Sox hack you are Brian
I'm hardly a hack, Kyle. I love the Red Sox, but that doesn't mean that I think every player on their team is the best player in the league at their position.

My dislike of Nancy Jeter - more specifically, my dislike of the disproportionate amount of praise he has received over his career - has less to do with the fact that I'm a Red Sox fan and more that I'm a knowledgeable sports fan.

I make my own opinions; I could care less what the Joe Bucks of the world think.

[This message has been edited by Brian A. Reed (10/28/2009)]
Brian A. Reed wrote:
I'm hardly a hack, Kyle

I know that Brain, just flipping some crap

Seriously though I think Derek Jeter IS a great shortstop and is hardly overrated so I suppose we'll just agree to disagree.
Agreed.
http://www.khon2.com/news...spjDw.cspx

click on the link in the corner for the exclusive mule train interview
Awesome, John er, Mule! Very cool.

Way to represent.
supporter
"It's the best team money can buy versus the hardest working team in baseball," said Emilsson.

Oh no.....don't you realize what a "tired and weak comment" that is?

Usually when someone says "our team works hard," it's a nice way of saying "our team lacks talent."

The Phillies certainly don't fit in that category.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6175) 12 years ago
Go Phiwwies! No Wankees!!
btw...it's pretty hard to tell, but + was wearing my Milestown Draught t-shirt in that interview. Phillies aloha
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9424) 12 years ago
I thought you had a professional job there Mr. train... don't they make you shave?
supporter
Posted by Sarah Peterson (+372) 12 years ago
WTF is with Utley's hair though? I'd take a hockey playoff beard over that oil slick any day! As long as he keeps hitting, though...
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5105) 12 years ago
Go Petey!

Maybe the Yankees aren't your daddies anymore.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+10018) 12 years ago
Kyle L. Varnell wrote:
I don't know WHERE to begin to tell you how wrong that statement is Webmaster.

MilesCity.com Webmaster wrote:
Derek Jeter has always been, and shall remain forever, an overrated hack.

From the MLB players, themselves (more than once) ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/m...=mlb,89331

http://sportsillustrated....poll.0502/

If you want me to pull out what the statheads think, I can do so ...
Posted by TALBOT (+249) 12 years ago
Here's my 2 cents on tonight's game. I don't think Pedro is going to make it to the fifth inning. Pitching to National League hitters with limited stuff is one thing but the Yankee hitters that have seen him before (when he had his good stuff) are going to tee-off on his 80 mph fastball. I don't care if he can hit spots with it or not. That being said....I think that the Phillies are going to cream A. J. Burnett. I really don't give a "Rats Ass" who wins tonight but if I was able to bet on the game, I would bet big on the over. The over/under by the way is 8.5 last I checked.
supporter
Posted by TALBOT (+249) 12 years ago
Well.........So much for my prognosticating skills. I am actually glad that the Yankees won though because I'd like to see a 7 game series. GO BASEBALL!!!!!!
Pedro pitched very well. He certainly pitched well enough to win the game. It's too bad the Phillies didn't do squat behind him.

The Phillies did what they needed to do in New York - win one of the two games. Homefield advantage is now with the Phillies. Let's hope they can keep it.

I don't care how many games the series goes, I just want the Yankees to lose. And if A-Rod maintains his present WS pace (0-8, 6 K's ... mo' better).
supporter
Yes, the Phillies bats did stink yesterday.....the top of the 8th was just brutal to watch. Oh well, time to go to Philadelphia and show A-Roo some BROTHERLY LOVE!
I thought A-Rod and Nancy already exhibited brotherly love. They're such a cute couple.
supporter
Posted by Ken Minow (+373) 12 years ago
It ain't over 'till it's over,but...........I'm thinkin' Filly fans are gonna have plenty of whine to go with their cheesesteak....
supporter
C'mon Pedro! You CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5105) 12 years ago
C'mon Pete!

You can do it, buddy.
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1903) 12 years ago
Bob's back.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4942) 12 years ago
WElcome back Bob L...
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+2137) 12 years ago
Yankees win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1792) 12 years ago
baseball's over - bout damn time - season's too frigging long by a couple months at least - who gives a s#*t.

All it means is now we can enjoy a REAL sport (football) without all that obnoxious infield dirt all over the gridiron where the grass should be all-along.
That's not baseball's fault, Shu. I have a better suggestion - just get rid of the Raiders.