Just shoot me.....I can't take it anymore
Posted by Lorin Dixson (+591) 12 years ago
one of my right wing friends sent me this. I am sure it is BS, butI tried to scopes it and couldn't find it.

The Caption Just shoot me....I can't take it any more.

supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2738) 12 years ago
Well, chances are good that this photo was "shopped" by the same type of person as that Louisiana Justice of the Peace who refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple.

The funny thing is, the people who send this crap around are probably the same people who, just a few years ago, shouted down any criticism of W with the words, "If you can't respect the President, at least show respect for the office!" They're shameless. Arg!

[This message has been edited by Steve Craddock (10/16/2009)]
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4950) 12 years ago
A very racist stereotypical depiction of a black couple...Disgusting!!
Posted by Kacey (+3154) 12 years ago
The webmaster needs to just dump this forum. The less people pass it around the better.
Posted by Lorin Dixson (+591) 12 years ago
It is too late it is making the email rounds now. I copied Steve's response and pasted in and clicked reply to all in the copy I got.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3707) 12 years ago
Worth1000.com is a site that does photoshop contests. You should check it out, regardless of your feelings about this particular picture, there is some amazing stuff on there.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11984) 12 years ago
Yes, it was a photoshopped photo for a "pimp" contest. How can anyone be dimwitted enough to think otherwise? Every time I go to Snopes.com (where I saw this photo and the explanation last week), I am amazed at how stupid people must be to fall for some of that stuff.

http://www.snopes.com/pol...whball.asp

[This message has been edited by Amorette Allison (10/16/2009)]
supporter
Just for the record, I never thought for one single iota of a second that this was a genuine photo. The "chances are good" part of my entry was referring to the type of person who created this thing - not the fake nature of the shot itself. :-phew-:
Posted by urijah (+129) 12 years ago
how does everyone critisize this its kind of humorous
supporter
I'm honestly glad you feel that way, Urijah. The negativity you sense and don't understand is probably a generational thing. For those in my generation, this picture connotes discrimination, bigotry, and much worse Hopefully your generation will not relate to those things - they'll simply be pages in a history book.
Posted by SS66 (+441) 12 years ago
Yeah, this picture is about as racist as a picture of a white Amish couple. Oh the horror. This whole 'everyone is a victim' trend is getting old.
supporter
I'm guessing the folks who are upset about this didn't care at all about the Bush in a nazi uniform photoshops.
supporter
supporter
I never saw the photoshops of Bush, Levi. I thought W was an idiot, so I would have put him in a court jester's outfit, not a Nazi uniform. Now Cheney would have been a different story ....
Posted by Jeremy Orthman (+441) 12 years ago
All I know is the first lady is pretty hot there.
Posted by urijah (+129) 12 years ago
http://lonestartimes.com/images/Benzion/Photoshop_of_Bush_flipping_the_bird.jpg

- sorry for the url disfunction go to this
Posted by Dave Golterman (+237) 12 years ago

Tags are your friends.

[This message has been edited by Dave Golterman (10/18/2009)]

[This message has been edited by Dave Golterman (10/18/2009)]
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17752) 12 years ago
When I saw the title of this thread, I was sure it was about the Iggles losing to the Raiders today.
Posted by Joshua Austill (+92) 12 years ago
Hey Steve, I think there might be something to your comment about this being a generational thing! I'm 29, and these photographs are all very funny to me, and my first thought is wow, someone did a great job with photo-shop, not wow what a racist. That being said, I have zero tolerance for any form of bigotry, whether it be based on race, faith, sexual orientation, physical deformations, or mental disabilities. So I am fully aware that it's a fine line one walks when trying to be a comedian and using certain elements that could be construed as racist. Hopefully your right and moving into the future these things just won't register as such!
supporter
and I am almost 65 and since I was from the south, personally observed the civil rights struggles and as a result am quite sensitive on that subject...I remember the separate water fountains, and the lunch counters for whites only...it was a nightmare for any black person in those days...I remember being punished for socializing with black people...One had to really walk a fine line in the south...God forbid that those days EVER return...(like that justice that won't marry the interracial couple)...
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6172) 12 years ago
I think both the Obama and Bush photos are funny. Not respectful, but funny. Being able to laugh at ourselves is a good quality. I would bet that the Obamas have a good laugh over this photo.
supporter
Wendy,

Your post made a tear run down Howdy's cheek just like the Indian in that old pollution commercial.

[This message has been edited by Levi Forman (10/20/2009)]
supporter
LOL, Levi, why did you remove Steves name from your post...Did you decide you would rather just make fun of one person at a time?? I don't care if you laugh at my experiences during the civil rights struggles, but I saw a lot of sad things that did have a great effect on my sense of humor in that regard...Obviously you were spared that experience...That's a good thing...
supporter
I reread the thread and decided Steve wasn't being *that* much of a bleeding heart in this thread over a pretty innocuous joke.
supporter
Well, I stand proudly as a bleeding heart on that subject...Like many things in history, the further one gets away from the event, the less seriously it is taken...I don't know if that is a good thing or not...Time will tell...
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+11984) 12 years ago
What astonishes me is that anyone is stupid enough to believe those pictures are real! I know they are playing into people's prejudices but c'mon, how dumb do you have to be to think any of those idiotic photos and rumors that fly around the internet are true?
supporter
Agree, Amorette...amazing isn't it??