PAGANS of Miles City
Posted by Smiley (+847) 11 years ago
Hey! My name is Shannon Marie and I'm looking for any other people in Miles City who are pagan/wiccan/druid etc. I'm looking to start a meetup group perhaaps for holiday rituals among other things. My husband and I would like to start a group, so if you are interested email me at [email protected]

If you are not any of the above mentioned, but you'd like to know more about a great nature-based religion also send me a message.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8563) 11 years ago
Well, you know what they say Derf - "That question's not going to beg itself"...
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+3435) 11 years ago
WOW! yet another thread about whose got the biggest invisable friend.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 11 years ago
this always seems to boil down to a "mine is bigger or better than yours" argument...To argue about it seems so silly as most of your arguments require some type of faith...If the person you are arguing with has no faith in your beliefs then why on earth are you wasting your time arguing?? Giant waste of time IMO...
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 11 years ago
My God is made up of all your puny little gods - he's pretty much the God that is God of God. It's hard to wrap your head around, I know.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14378) 11 years ago
"That's a circular argument with absolutely no way in the door, Richard. Thus it is exclusivist by nature and in direct opposition to the Gospel. Not exactly a Christian apologist, are you?

Let me restate your argument: belief is a requirement for believing. Thus you cannot believe because you do not meet the prerequisites of belief."

That is not at all my argument. My argument is about the inerrancy of scripture. You don't apparently share my belief on this point. I don't understand why you would fancy yourself as an apologist for a book that you have doubt about its veracity. I don't understand how one builds a system of belief on cherrypicked biblical statements.How do know which parts are true?

It is ironic to note the correlation between the decline of mainline denominations and the increasing proclamation of the historical critical view of scripture. A church founded on such beliefs become nothing more than a service organization that is about what I can do for God to earn my way to heaven, rather than about what God has done for me, a sinner, through the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ. But if that works for you, so be it.
supporter
"this always seems to boil down to a "mine is bigger or better than yours" argument...To argue about it seems so silly as most of your arguments require some type of faith...If the person you are arguing with has no faith in your beliefs then why on earth are you wasting your time arguing?? Giant waste of time IMO..."

This theory applies to a lot of things, church, politics, football, beer, etc. Doesn't seem to stop us though, does it.

[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (9/24/2009)]
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 11 years ago
You forgot penises.
supporter
for Wendy:

Posted by Derf Bergman (+583) 11 years ago
yet another thread about whose got the biggest invisable friend.

I had an invisible friend whan I was a child, He always went across the street and played with the neighbor kids. That's always bothered me.

[This message has been edited by Derf Bergman (9/24/2009)]
I don't understand how one builds a system of belief on cherrypicked biblical statements.

Really? Try looking in a mirror.

But then I've never actually seen you make a post that is Biblical. They're always about what you believe ABOUT the Bible. It's a not an object of worship, Richard, It's THE guidebook for Jesus followers.

I never claimed to be an apologist for the Bible. I simply pointed out that you ARE NOT an apologist for the CHRISTIAN FAITH.

Funny how you wouldn't touch a mythological understanding of faith with a ten foot pole, but then you swallow contemporary mythology about "mainline churches" (whatever those are?) hook, line, and sinker.

rather than about what God has done for me, a sinner, through the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ

Even funnier, the Bible I've been reading says God did that in Christ for EVERYONE, not just for you. I must need to find me an authorized version. Then I can cherry-pick the CORRECT verses.

Bible:reliable::Wikipedia:reliable
supporter
Derf, what denomination is your church...You sound like a pastor I could definitely agree with...
supporter
supporter
There are aliens with crazy laser weapons that can wipe out planets instantly. They worship this some different God. As of now, he's the one to pick.
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 11 years ago
Bible:reliable::Wikipedia:reliable

Smiley,

I don't think that comparison is going to make the point you are trying to make:

http://news.cnet.com/Stud...97332.html
Hmf. Defeated again lol. I'm just saying the bible has a lot in it from random sources, as does wikipedia.
I mean there is also a lot missing from the bible

Does derf burn bibles? I actually had this lady burn my bible because it wasn't KJV it was NIV and she told me that what was in mine was wrong??? I believe she was a pentacostal, but she really scared me the wrong way.
Howdy, I'm a United Methodist pastor with a lovers quarrel with the church.

Does derf burn bibles?

Maybe I should rethink my involvment with milescity.com.

I've never been a methodist, but I have been baptist, non-denom., and catholic. I've been to a mormon church and a pentacostal church.
supporter
Derf: are your parents Paul and Ellen?
supporter
Was reared a Methodist and then converted to Episcopalian (because of my boarding school which was church affliated)...Love the singing in the Methodist churches tho...what is the name of your church Derf?
Posted by Monet (+162) 11 years ago
Smiley is nothing but a lying stealing fraud.. And here is why; She sits here and preaches the bible, can quote verses from it and pretends that she is some type of "good citizen." But here is one of her quotes "My father was 86 years old when he died. I was born 4 days after he turned seventy." So ok then she was 16 then he passed correct? Not even 4 months ago she was on milescity.com trying to get money from the good hearted people of miles city to fly to California to attend her father's funeral that was set 6 weeks in advance. She is 18 now. So that tells me that her father passed away 2 YEARS ago and she just now wants to attend the funeral?? What a joke.
Howdy, the church where I'm serving is called

First United Methodist
24 North 11th Street
Miles City, MT

Sorry, our website is down.

Richard, I'm not related to Paul and Ellen, except maybe distantly and anciently. My ancestors were midwestern and moved across Ohio, then to Indiana, and then settled in Illinois.
supporter
http://milescity.com/foru...fpid=87902

Another thread that will end in tears and mug shots...
supporter
So maybe she wants to do pagan fertility rituals to raise some cash.
supporter
Nice catch . So was this whole thread a troll? If so it was masterful.
supporter
I guess it just goes to show that you can't trust anyone who doesn't have Jesus in their hearts...
Posted by Tony Manero (+98) 11 years ago
Holy snap. This thread really does make my day. The lies and allegations don't stop at just a plane ticket either! Public records have a lot to say as well!
Hey, guess what. Look it up, MY father died august 09, 2007 At jerry lee pettis hospital in Loma Linda, CA. His wishes had been to donate his body to science. So, his body went to the cadaver program at Loma Linda University for 2 years. My mother just got the remains back and had a memorial service.
(951)-247-8231
Ask for pat. She'll tell you
Want me to post his obituary?
You're an F*ing bastard. Yeah, I missed his funeral too. I got pictures. Again He died 08/09/2007
Ramond Walter Wozny.Born April 26, 1921.
Left from fighting WWII April 13th, 1945
Daughter, ME, was born April 30th, 1991.
He died AGAIN 08/09/2007.
Anyone who knows me KNOWS he donated his body to science. How dare you critize what I've done and call me a fraud before you know anything>?! I mean seriously, yeah I have a couple run in's with the law, I'll be honest. I don't even have to defend myself on those, I already did the court thing.

Seriously, you need to get a life and stop being a hater. All I want is to start a group of people to worship what we believe.
How many f*ed up people go to church???? How much corruption is there in any church???
OMG. Dude, someone needs to wake these close-minded people up.
Funny, that I actually submitted the death certificates to a few airlines, but still couldn't afford the bereavement flights.
From http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pe/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=93204599
RAYMOND WALTER WOZNY age 86 of Moreno Valley, passed away August 8th, 2007. He is survived by his wife Patricia of Moreno Valley; son Douglas of Norco; daughters Shannon and Latisha of Moreno Valley; and two grandsons. Services will be held September 14, 10 AM at Palm Canyon Community Church, 25550 Ironwood Avenue, Moreno Valley. (951) 817-9639

And that services that was held was a memorial service.
as I've said before, he was in the military, and his funeral at Riverside National Cemetary was later, when his body was done.
thanks for making my day miles city.
Posted by Joshua Austill (+85) 11 years ago
Well Smiley, in your post asking for help you very plainly said FUNERAL, NOT Memorial service. It's in black and white, you lied. Maybe it was a small misspeak, but it was still not honest, and thus a lie.

It is not uncommon for people to donate their bodies to science, mainly for the purpose of being cadavers at medical schools that I'm aware of. It is not common for people to wait 2 years to have a funeral, even when the body is being donated. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but you can't expect people to go oh ya, that seems normal either.

Also, you have done a very good job of attacking many people in this forum from Miles City. Treat others as you would like to be treated, all I see is people treating you the way you treated them. As for me, Jesus tells me I have to love you, so I'll be praying for you, and I wish you nothing but the best.

Good day!
Posted by J. Dyba (+1350) 11 years ago
Are you sure Jesus didn't tell you to shove her?
Anyone who has got ANYTHING to say
Call me 406-351-1417
Pick up a phone and tell me to my face, cowards.
Come see me why don't you?
Public record???
Posted by wilmajean (+39) 11 years ago
This was all very interesting, now it's just sad.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 11 years ago
Joshua,

Funeral and memorial service may not be as distinct in everyone's mind as it is in yours. My own grandmother did the same thing and it took 2 years to get her ashes back so Smiley's story is perfectly reasonable. Yeeesshh!
supporter
Pick up a phone and tell me to my face, cowards.

Wait...do you want them to call you and tell you over the phone? Or tell you to your face while holding a phone?
Funeral and memorial service may not be as distinct in everyone's mind as it is in yours.

I'm with you on that, Wendy. The terms are all interchangeable.
supporter
In fact, I'll be having a service at Parker's later this weekend.
supporter
Is it funeral or memorial service? For your friend Johnny Walker or Jack Daniels?
Posted by Sharon Clarke (+74) 11 years ago
LMAO Levi, I was thinking the same thing when I read that too, but just didn't say it myself.....errr.....til now
Posted by Erika Phillips (+78) 11 years ago
Smiley, Wow I just cannot apologize to you enough for the mindless pricks in Miles City! Welcome and rise above it sweetie. Remember; Be a goddess. There are some amazing people here and you will get to know them. It really is a great place. I am from Canada originally but did spend some time in the UK so I too miss the multicultural and openmindedness. Don't let the few ruin you. Most people here are intrigued when I tell them what my beliefs are and are more open than we think.

I have been searching for others and I look forward to meeting you.

Kindest,
Erika Phillips
The Controversial Canine
supporter
Oh Erika, you wouldn't be controversial at all if you didn't live in bumf*ck nowhere and ran around begging for attention, would you? I suppose you have purple hair and love to complain about the stares.
Thank you Erika for your nice comments, you are not the first to express good feelings towards me. If you e-mail me, I can send you more info
Buck, She actually has red hair, that looks natural. Go check out her website?
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2743) 11 years ago
Wow, a lot has been goin' on since I left on vacation ten days ago.

Welcome to Miles City, Smiley. I'd like to second one thing in particular that Erika said: Don't let the few ruin it for you.

Since moving to Miles City about two years ago, I've found the majority of people here have minds as open as the prairies that surround us. Admittedly, there are a few people whose minds are as empty as those same prairies, but those types exist everywhere - and that includes cities in Canada and the UK. Focus on the good folks and I think you'll be surprised at how amazing this little town is.

Stop in for coffee sometime at Cafe Utza or go to the Confluence Open Mic at the Elks Club on Friday nights and you're sure to find people who will embrace your individuality, welcome your friendship, and support your freedom to worship or believe in whatever you want.
supporter
Welcome back Steve, you were missed...Hope your vacation was terrific!! Ditto what Steve just said Smiley...There are many good folks in Miles City...
I actually go to cafe utza a lot. I love the pink flamingo drink... I think that's what it's called, my daughter and I always get them. Its the strawberries with the sparkling water and a shot of vanilla. Yum. And I never knew there was an open mic?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+15507) 11 years ago
Who else here likes that old CCR song, "Pagan Baby"?

That song really rocks.