what would you do?
Posted by V (+168) 12 years ago
Say you are driving down Leighton and you see a little guy in the middle of the road walking, what would you do? Stop and ask if he knows where he is going? Let him continue to walk down the middle of the road? Please address this as if you are a parent and your thoughts on this. Thank you
Posted by Septimius (+65) 12 years ago
Of course stop and ask.. and call parents, police, or whoever needs to be called...
Posted by tax payer (+344) 12 years ago
I would call the cops, as the message would probably go over better.
Posted by Christen LeBlanc Ramsey (+271) 12 years ago
I would get the child to a safe distance from possibly getting hit by a car. Then call the police.
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+489) 12 years ago
Ditto....
ditto.....
ditto......
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 12 years ago
[This message has been edited by Richard Bonine, Jr (9/18/2009)]
Posted by polar bear (+509) 12 years ago
About 6 years ago, there was a child under age 2 in the middle of a very busy street. I stopped my car and went and got him. He was filthy and his diaper hadn't been changed for a long time. Totally flat affect and not afraid at all of me as a child that age normally would be. I went up and down the street for 20 minutes looking for his home. I got a neighbor to call the police. They showed up about 30 minutes after I took him out of the street. The daycare person across the alley came over and tried to say he had only been missing a minute. I saw in the paper the next night that the daycare had been closed down.
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1807) 12 years ago
Were you watching a trial on TruTV ? A woman picked up her own child from school, saw a 6 yr old going down the road... She took that child to her home and called authorities. She was charged with kidnapping.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 12 years ago
What should you do if it is an adult... carrying a bicycle?
supporter
Posted by Dan Mowry (+1437) 12 years ago
Richard, I literally laughed out loud.
Posted by Toni Rentschler (+1517) 12 years ago
I guess I would say call the police and things... But what has been going on in my case of asking for help when help is needed. I bet nothing would get done any how!
Sad to say, but true!
supporter
Posted by Shu (+1794) 12 years ago
What would Brian Boitano do?
Posted by ABE (+420) 12 years ago
Was it one of these guys again. They are always in the Road.

supporter
Posted by skoh (+327) 12 years ago
You guys! That is funny, although off point! LOL!
In answer to the question, I would definitely stop and make sure the child was OK and away from traffic, then call the police. I did hear on the scanner the other day where there was a child on the side of the road with a sign in his hand with what looked like a phone number or something written on it. I never heard anymore about it. Hopefully nothing was wrong.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6014) 12 years ago
If it's an Oompa Loompa in the middle of the road, you know my solution. Right, Wendy?
Posted by Kacey (+3159) 12 years ago
The first thing I would do is get the child out of the street. Then I would stay in a visible place and get another adult...any adult to be a witness. Then call the police.
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6165) 12 years ago
Oh, Brian. I knew it was only a matter of time.
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4460) 12 years ago
I'm sure he'd kick an ass or two, that's what Brian Boitano'd do.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6014) 12 years ago
I was driving eastbound on Monad Lane here in Billings a few weeks ago. Ernie Lee (the diminutive fellow from Rimrock Auto) was crossing the street in front of me from one of Rimrock's lots to the other.

I had to choose between the following options:

1.) slow down and let him cross the street safely
2.) speed up and run him down (which is protocol for Oompa Loompa sightings)

While I was mulling my decision, I ended up running over him. He was unscathed.