Mary Travers -RIP
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2784) 13 years ago
WHO?

Peter, Paul, & Mary
supporter
Posted by Steve Craddock (+2742) 13 years ago
Her Ashes my friend, are blowin' in the wind ...
Posted by Kyle L. Varnell (+3743) 13 years ago
Peter, Paul, & Mary

Not to sound disrespectfull to somebody that just passed but who are they?
Posted by Bruce Helland (+596) 13 years ago
Google them.. music
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2784) 13 years ago
Wikipedia entry

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...l_and_Mary

In short one of the most popular folk music groups in the 60's and 70's
Posted by Maryann McDaniel (+259) 13 years ago
Bruce Helland, always wonder if your family lived next door to us (the Mahoneys) on South Lake in the 1960s. I remember fondly the couple that lived there with several young children and babysat from time to time. I graduated 1966 from CCHS and wonder if you may have been one of those children.
Posted by TALBOT (+249) 13 years ago
For those of you who are too young to remember.......Mary Travers was Mary of "Peter, Paul and Mary".
You may not recognize the name but you may remember "Puff the Magic Dragon" (their biggest hit). Paul Stookey's "The Wedding Song" (He is now to be among you, at the calling of your hearts, rest assured this troubadour is acting on his part) was a very popular song at weddings for the longest time. Besides performing songs by Peter Yarrow, they made hits with John Denver's "Leavin' on a Jet Plane", Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind" and (I believe Pete Seeger's) "If I Had a Hammer". If you can, you should check out the song "I Dig Rock and Roll Music". It's a satire about Rock and Roll taking over Folk Music in the early '60's. Waaaaay Cooool. Rest in Peace Mary Travers.
Posted by Brian A. Reed (+6118) 13 years ago
Kyle - you're killin' me, Smalls!
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6175) 13 years ago
Great honk, Kyle! How old (young) are you?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+9424) 13 years ago
but who are they?

This isn't quite in the same league as Richards "I've never eaten at Taco John's" - but it's close...
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5105) 13 years ago
Do they still have Ranch Burritos at the TJs in Miles City?
Posted by Derf Bergman (+582) 13 years ago
"I Dig Rock and Roll Music" was satire? Well color me informed! You learn something new every day.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+12212) 13 years ago
I loved Peter, Paul and Mary. I remember listening to my older cousin's album, the very first one. If I could carry a tune, I would have been a folk singer. I can still sing (badly) all of those old songs. Sigh.

Henry Gibson died today, too. Not the brightest stars but some of the finest.
Posted by Barbara B. Anderson (+25) 13 years ago
Peter, Paul and Mary were icons of the 60's and 70's with their blend of harmony, humor and political satire. I saw them in concert in San Diego in 1968 and they were absolutely wonderful! Mary made five albums as a solo artist, but her renown is for her work with Peter and Paul as a trio. I used to sing their songs, and loved their music.

For those unfamiliar with folk music, the 60's was just a resurgence of that genre which has been with our country since it was founded by the pioneers... Check out Folk Music of America and you'll be surprised who you uncover...

Who knows--you could even learn something!