Ted's Montana Grill
founder
Posted by Johnnie Lockett Thomas (+398) 14 years ago
The Entertainment Section of Sunday's Washington Post headlines an Alexandria restaurant review thusly:

"Suburban Cowboy
Ted Turner's new "saloon" offers a bite of Montana."

The only thing the reviewer praises is the bison that I've never had in A Montana restaurant, but in the good old days of the 70's
was often featured at the Montana State Society picnics in Washington, D.C.

Go figure.

Johnnie Lockett Thomas

[This message has been edited by Johnnie Lockett Thomas (edited 5/26/2005).]
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14076) 14 years ago
You know "Ted's South Dakota Grill", "Ted's Nebraska Grill", or "Ted's New Mexico Grill" just doesn't have the same ring as Ted's Montana Grill. Lucky us.
Posted by Carlos E. Davila (+48) 14 years ago
Johnnie,
These things are springing up like crazy around here. I saw one down by the Hoffman Complex in Alexandria, and now there is one about to open on Crystal Drive in Arlington. Are these things "for real" or are they just trying to market using the Montana name? Did they start out in Montana?
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14252) 14 years ago
You won't find any Ted's Montana Grill's in Montana:

http://www.tedsmontanagri...tions.html
Posted by Bill (+30) 14 years ago
That link has to be one of the funniest I have seen in a while. Ted's MONTANA Grill, but currently no locations in Montana. Way to go Ted Turner. I think Montana should trade mark the States name. With the new Pontiac and now Ted's Restaurant. Montana citizens should see some revenue from all these profitting corporate companies.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 5/27/2005).]
supporter
That is a GREAT idea as long as the State wouldn't get to greedy. The Navajo Tribe killed the Mazda Navajo by being too greedy.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+14252) 14 years ago
Posted by Bill (+30) 14 years ago
looks like our Bucking Horse Sale may be in jeapordy too!

http://www.opinionjournal...=105001797

What I can't figure out is if you are not allowed to trademark something that implys a region or state name then how did Ted Turner trademark his restaurant?

supporter
Interesting article. What I can't figure out is most of the west was settled and named based on topography... therefore it should have been East Dakota and West Dakota.
Posted by Russell Bonine (+236) 14 years ago
North Dakotan - East Dakotan, it just doesn't roll off the tongue quite right when you want to tell a joke.
supporter
That's why I tell blonde jokes.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+13655) 14 years ago
Montana grill my arse. I'd bet $100 if you walked up to the bar in one of these joints and ordered a Velvet ditch or Walkers sage, the bartender would look at you blankly.
supporter
Gunnar: you forgot the subject which is TED. It is all about how TED perceives Montana. Us local rednecks don't figure into that perception.