WR's Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson, Derrick Mason, Bernard Berrian
Te's Anthony Fasano, Visanthe Shiancos
D/ST Titans and Eagles
K's David Akers and my boy Dan Carpenter

I think it's a pretty solid team.

Who do you have?
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4461) 12 years ago
No offense, but having those two quarterbacks is sort of pointless - I hope you're planning a trade.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 12 years ago
I do like your smattering of Eagles, though.

My draft is not until September 8, due to all the &%$#@ personal child-related schedules that these chuckleheads in my league have.
supporter
Our draft was last night. Ten team league. I picked 7th.

Here's who I got:

QB: Drew Brees and Joe Flacco
RB: Steven Jackson, Kevin Smith, and Knowshown Moreno
WR: Calvin Johnson, DeSean Jackson, Roy E. Williams
TE: Dallas Clark and Bo Scaife
K: Jason Elam and Shayne Graham
DST: Eagles and Dolphins

I cannot believe I drafted a Denver Donkey and a Dallas Cowgirl.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 12 years ago
Gunnar:

Like your team, except for Roy E. Williams, who is a stiff.

You could've drafted Chuck E. Cheese and done about as well.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr (+14950) 12 years ago
My fantasy football team is the Broncos going 8-8. Pure fantasy.
supporter
Yeah, Williams was my third wide receiver pick. I ain't too keen about him either, but Tony Homo needs to throw the ball to someone. Plus, the Cowboys should be playing from behind and throwing a lot this season, if all is right in the world.

I'm sure Williams will get hurt soon and I will drop him.
Posted by Slosh (+701) 12 years ago
I'm in four leagues that I paid to get into, and a couple online that I just do for the heck of it, so I won't give you all my drafts. Last night I drafted at the Texas Club- and I will be again tonight- and here is the team I picked up. (8 team league, I picked 2nd)

QBs- Kurt Warner (4th round), Jay Cutler (9th)
RBs- Michael Turner (1st), Steve Slaton (2nd), Pierre Thomas (6th), Willie Parker (8th)
WRs- Calvin Johnson (3rd), Greg Jennings (5th), Terrell Owens (7th)
TE- Owen Daniels (10th)
K- Dan Carpenter (11th)
Def- Miami (12th)

I think it's a solid team, and I got decent value in each round. I was happy to get Thomas (even though he's a little banged up) in the sixth and Willie Parker in the eighth. Not a T.O. guy, but in the 7th round, I was fine with taking him.

I like the two other teams I've already drafted a bit more. I'm hoping I get the fifth or sixth pick tonight.
supporter
Slosh:

Greg Jennings in the 5th is a steal.

I like your team.
yeah, I was really excited about Jennings in the fifth.

In one of my other leagues, we do a point-per-reception, and my first two picks were Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson. I'm just giving myself the trophy now.
supporter
FWIW, here's my team. It's mediocre. 10 team league - in existence since 1992 with 7 original teams still in the league.

QB - Manning, Dick Palmer

RB - Adrian Peterson, Joseph Addai, Cedric Benson, Larry Johnson

WR/TE - Greg Jennings, Chad 85, Hines Ward, Steve Breaston, Steve Smith II (Giants), Greg Olsen

K - Adam Vinatieri

D - Redskins

Purple Jesus better have a good year or I am screwed.
This is the team I drafted tonight. Same deal as earlier, 8 team league. I had the 8th pick in the draft and went against what I typically believe in. Usually I got running back, running back. But this time I went receiver, quarterback.
I'll let you know how it works out.
QBs- Drew Brees (2nd round), Matt Schaub (9th)
RBs- Clinton Portis (3rd), Ronnie Brown (4th), Kevin Smith (5th), Pierre Thomas (6th).
WRs- Larry Fitzgerald (1st), Terrell Owens (7th), Dwayne Bowe (10th).
TE- Kellen Winslow (8th).
K- Dan Carpenter (11th)
Def- Miami (12th)

I have no idea why I went with T.O., again. But, I got him in the 7th. I was pumped that I got Bowe in the 10th round. According to the ESPN top 200, I drafted seven of the top 31 players. So I guess I'm all right.

I don't know if I like having the turn pick (8th/9th in an eight team league). It worked out that I got Fitzgerald and Brees, but my running back corps suffered a bit. I don't think I like having Ronnie Brown as one of my "studs."
supporter
Posted by Levi Forman (+3712) 12 years ago
Even with all of his drama TO has rarely been a bad pick for a fantasy team. He's usually motivated his first couple years with a new team also. It's not until a couple seasons in he starts trashing the QB.
supporter
Saw a funny NFL jersey last night

It was a Detroit Lions jersey with the number 16

The name on the back: "OWEN"

Nice work
That is classy.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+17321) 11 years ago
And so....

I just won my second playoff game, which means I am in my league's Super Bowl this weekend.

Major changes to the lineup I posted in September:

1. I dropped Roy Williams and picked up another Cowboys WR, Miles Austin. I also picked up Sidney Rice, WR for the Vikings, off the Free Agent list.

2. Some knucklehead in my league dropped Frank Gore, whom I promptly picked up. I also picked up another undrafted running back from the waiver wire, Laurence Maroney of the Patriots.

3. I picked up a new kicker, Rob Bironas of the Titans, as the two I drafted both turned out to be busts.

So, this weekend for my league's Super Bowl, I will definitely be playing:

QB - Drew Brees
TE - Dallas Clark
K - Rob Bironas
DST - Eagles

My decisions, between now and Thursday, are:

WR: I can play two. DeSean Jackson, Miles Austin, or Sidney Rice? All three have been playing well. (I also have Calvin Johnson on the IR, but I am done starting Lions )

RB: I have been starting Steven Jackson and Frank Gore. Unfortunately, Jackson plays for the hapless Lambs, who seem to be getting worse as the season progresses. My other choices are Maroney, Knowshon Moreno, or Kevin Smith (another Lion!) - not much for alternatives.

What would you do if you were in my shoes, oh great football pundits of milescity.com?
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 11 years ago
Gunnar:

I've got no advice. I missed the playoffs despite leading the league in scoring.

Philly's got St. Louis, I think, so I'd play both Jacksons...
supporter
Dang....that is a tough break, Bob L.

This past weekend I scored the most points I have ever scored in my league....141. I usually score in the 80s/low 90s. And that was with benching DeSean Jackson!

I don't think that I can count on Dallas Clark catching 3 TDs every week, though.
Posted by WATTS (+223) 11 years ago
I would play Sid Rice and D Jackson and Gore and Moreno I think that would be a sure winning combo!
supporter
You know...I think you have hit the nail on the head, Watts.
Posted by TALBOT (+251) 11 years ago
I realize that I'm bringing this up at the end of the season but do any of you fantasy players from Montana play the Montana Lottery Fantasy Football? Each week you pick a QB, RB, WR, TE, K and DST, lay down $5.00 and they pay 1st, 2nd and 3rd place money. 1st place has been paying about $1,500.00, 2nd place around $800.00 and 3rd about $500.00. I'm not a Fantasy Football kinda guy but I came pretty close to being in the money a couple of times. It sounds like you guys might do pretty good.
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+478) 11 years ago
Gunnar....definately Moreno. I picked him up in the 11th week and he's done real well for my team.
supporter
Hmmmm......I might be overthinking this, but....

Although Frank Gore is a stud and was named the NFL's offensive player of the week for his performance in Monday night's spanking of the Cardinals, San Francisco: (1) has a short week; (2) flies across the country to the East Coast; and (3) plays the high-flying Philadelphia Eagles. Although the Giants ran against the Eagles at will last week, I have to think that Coach Andy Reid will make some adjustments....especially since the 49ers are more limited at wide receiver.

OTOH, Maroney and the Patriots face the Bills...who rank dead last against the run. With Tom Brady playing sore, Randy Moss turning into a head case, and the fact the Coach Bill Bellicheck always knows how to exploit the other team's weakness, Maroney could have a monster game.

Decisions, decisions...I gotta make one by the end of today.
Posted by Slosh (+701) 11 years ago
I have given up on my two Texas Club teams (the ones that I listed earlier in this thread) one team is 6-8 and the other is 7-7. My team at the Spur is doing great. Our starting lineup is Peyton Mannin, Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, DeSean Jackson, Nate Kaeding and Miami. We're going with that lineup this week, but obviously, things are going to change here in the next few weeks (the fantasy playoffs at the Spur are played during the NFL playoffs, not the last few weeks.) With some of the teams likely to sit starters, we will switch Matt Schaub in for Manning and Thomas Jones in for Peterson. I think we are going to be ok.
supporter
You have Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson AND Thomas Jones for running backs??????

You suck.
Posted by Bill N (+64) 11 years ago
I'd be careful about starting Dallas Clark at TE this weekend. The Colts have a history of resting players. I've got Clark on my team, but I think I'm going to play Shiancoe this week just to be safe.

As for Gore vs Maroney, I always agonize over choices like that: choosing between the better player or the better matchup. I usually end up choosing wrong.

If it wasn't for picking up Miles Austin after his first huge game, I would have probably missed the playoffs this year.
yeah, we got Johnson in the 5th or 6th round. Jones has played for us twice this year (on byes). Honestly, I have no idea how we've lost four games this year.
supporter
Thank you, Bill N., for your analysis. I usually go the wrong way, too. I think I will stick with Gore.

This will probably make me look like a fool Sunday night....but WTF?
Posted by Bill N (+64) 11 years ago
Gunnar, if you benched Clark on account of what I said, I may have just made an enemy for life. Sorry about that!

Shiancoe better come through or my team is toast.

[This message has been edited by Bill N (12/17/2009)]
supporter
Posted by Bob Netherton II (+1905) 11 years ago
The Colts may not win tonight(ahead 35-31 right now), but they aren't exactly taking the night off.
supporter
Don't worry, Bill.....I was smart enough to completely ignore that portion of your advice, and am now the happy recipient of 21.5 TE points courtesy of Mr. Clark.

Who was the only player tonight that either my opponent or I had playing. Still, I am very happy.....21.5 points from a tight end is way above expectations.
supporter
So.....here I am, Sunday evening. Right now I am losing 117.5 to 104.8. But, my opponent is done....and I still have Sidney Rice - WR Vikings - playing tonight.

If Rice doesn't get me the 12.9 points to win, then I only have my hatred of the Dallas Cowboys to blame....if I would have started Miles Austin instead, he scored 19.9 points, and I would have already won.

So, I am really looking forward to the Vikings-Panthers game tonight!
supporter
Posted by T Brown (+478) 11 years ago
Gunnar....this is how stupid I am.....I had Tony Homo in this week instead of Big Ben....If I could kick my own ass...I would!!!
That's funny T, I did the exact same thing. But I'm currently up 98-59.5.
supporter
Man, the ViQUEENS really, really suck.

I am looking forward to the Eagles kicking the snot out of them for the second straight year in the playoffs.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5094) 11 years ago
Gunnar:

It's gonna happen.

The Eagles might even get the 2 seed.

Major Dad (Childress) sucks.
Posted by WATTS (+223) 11 years ago
out of 4 leagues I made the Championship in 2 of them. I am loving it!