From 'Echoing Footsteps', published 1967, Powder River County Extension Homemakers Council
By Andrus Tyler
The Kingsley's lived on lower Cameron Creek during the 1890's. The section across the road from John Holm's place is still known as the Kingsley field, although the abstracts show they didn't actually own this section but parts of section 10 instead. Amelia Kingsley was the mother of Robertson Kingsley and Joan Kingsley Smith. Amelia and Robertson both homesteaded 160 acres of land. This land was later purchased by George Horkan. Amelia died in 1893. Robertson, or Bob as he was called, was hurt when a horse reared backwards with him on a roundup. This took place at Wilbur Spring just over the Custer County line. This spot is now owned by Leon Willson, Jr. Bob lived just a few days and died at the Chris Nelson house. His wife, Anna later married John Murray and lived on the Corle place by Coalwood.