Sounds like you might have a bad browser addon. You need to figure out which one.
This link gives a discussion of a problem similar to yours and steps to try.http://www.fixya.com/support/t17912...y_appears_blank_page
The last set of steps is a discussion of attempting to identify the problematic addon:
[f]1. Open Internet Explorer 7/8.
2. Click Tools, point to Manage Add-ons, and then click
Enable or Disable Add-ons.
3. In the Show box, select Add-ons that have been used by
Internet Explorer to display all add-ons that are installed
on the computer.
4. For each item in this list, select the add-on, and then
click Disable under Settings.
5. When you have disabled all the items in this list, click OK.
6. Exit and then restart Internet Explorer 7/8.
7. If issues do not occur, repeat steps 1 through 3.
8. Click Enable for a single add-on.
9. Repeat steps 6 through 8 until you determine which
add-on causes errors to occur.