contractors?
Posted by Sally Fields (+24) 9 years ago
I need some work done to my house. Someone suggested Schneider's Valley Construction. Has anyone used these guys before?
Posted by MattSmith (+58) 9 years ago
He built me some custom risers a few years ago. Delivered them on time & we are still using them & still pleased with them.

No Problems.
Posted by Tina Bean (+415) 9 years ago
ABT Construction and Electric 853-2075 or 234-3567. Val Dyba is the owner. He built the addition on the Mental Health building and also did the renovations on the Library. If he says it's going to be done on a certain date it will be done then or BEFORE!
supporter
Posted by Buck Showalter (+4460) 9 years ago
Gidget, is that you?
Posted by Doug and Sami (+200) 9 years ago
Sally, Thanks for your inquiry. Sami and I own Schneider's Valley Construction and we would like the oppurtunity to work w/ you. We would be glad to give you names and phone numbers of several refrences, as well as the names and numbers of our last 10 customers.
We are licensed and insured and always try to best job to serve our customers. Please feel free to call either of us at 853-3952 0r 853-0983
Posted by GJ (+26) 9 years ago
Sally,
I had Resistol Construction remodel my bathroom and install flooring on the entire upstairs of my house. Mr Caylor and his crew were very efficient and clean while they were working on my house. The work that they did was absolutly fantastic! It turned out better that I ever imagined that it could! They even fixed a few other items in my house that desperatly needed done with very little extra charge. My house is pretty small, and he took every possible measure to make sure that I would not be inconvienced in any way. When I got home at the end of the day I could tell that alot had been done, but there was little to no dust or dirt. During my planning stage, he took the extra step to go look at materials with me and give suggestions that I would have never even known about or considered until he showed me. I had asked for some references and was extremly suprised by the amount of positive comments that other clients had about him. As soon as I save enough money up, I am going to have him come back to remodel my entire downstairs. You can't go wrong by calling him.
Posted by Harry Johnson (+6) 9 years ago
Dear Sally,

I am a recent customer of Schneider's Valley Construction. I could not say how dissapointed I am with the lack of proffesionalism and lack of work ethic Doug and his People have. It was the typical stories you hear about contractor's screwing you over.

Example: "I know how to lay carpet." Carpet looks like crap. There are humps where the two pieces of carpet come together.

"I never start another job until I am finished with the current job." I am still waiting for him to finish what I stupidly paid in full for.

"The lumber store told me that a 2"x4" can span 12+ feet."
The reason I hired a construction company was because I don't know such fact's. I would hope that Doug should know such a thing.

VERY DISSAPOINTED!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah Doug, YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
supporter
Haha - Yeah, Harry Johnson, that sounds authenticate.
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+8811) 9 years ago
I think you mean "authentic."

Rule number one with whomever you hire: Do not pay the contractor in full until you are completely satisfied with the job done. It's just common sense. We had a great contractor and he didn't want to be paid until we were happy.
supporter
Of course I do. Thank you grammar police.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
isn't that spelling police, not grammar ??
Posted by Gail Farrell (+39) 9 years ago
Is there anything you're not an expert on, Amorette?

[This message has been edited by Gail Farrell (edited 5/25/2008).]
supporter
I spelled it right, it was just the wrong word - plus spelling police has less ring.
supporter
Posted by howdy (+4943) 9 years ago
LOL....OK....
banned
Posted by homebuilderguy (+8) 6 months ago
This post was removed 6 months ago.
It was removed because it was SPAM.