Jobie’s Stats?
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+8909) 16 days ago
Karen, how does Jobie measure up to the steer that’s been all over the internet this week?

“By now, anyone who’s been within 30 feet of a Wi-Fi signal has likely seen an image of Knickers, the massive Holstein Friesian steer recently photographed in Australia. The big question about the big cow, however, is how the 6-foot, 4-inch, 2,800-pound bovine named Knickers became such an absolute unit.”
SMITHSONIAN MAGAZINE
https://www.smithsonianma...u-HLM9MfB4
permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
supporter
Posted by Karen L. Morris (+699) 16 days ago
I honestly don't know, Hal. I've never measured Jobie. I know that he's considerably taller than me when he has his head up (of course, I'm only 5'1"). I'd be willing to attempt a measurement sometime (prefer when we have a bit less mud than right now). It would be helpful to know where the appropriate measurement is taken (his back, of course, isn't as tall as his head and his head is even taller when it's up). His back is pretty much eye level to me (have to stand on tiptoes to see all of it well). Suggestions for where to measure are welcome.

As for weight, he's been guessed at 2500-3000 pounds. He's never been weighed (not practical to get scales in where he is right now so guessing is all we will have). He went on a watermelon diet (willingly) so has lost some from his upper weight so I would guess on the lower side of the range now.

At any rate, if he's going to ever have another mc.com t-shirt, it will have to be an XXXXXXXXL.
+3
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+8909) 15 days ago
Well, Jobie is a big’un, no doubt about that.
You might need to get him an XXXXXXXXXXXL t-shirt ; -)
+2