Griz 34 Cats 28

Bobby likes to feed on kittens.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+2205) one month ago
Gunnar. Heard from Muletrain lately?
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+12354) one month ago
Yep. He has found a Colorado bar with Root NW network, and is setting down to watch the game.
i am guessing he is enjoying the game so far. It's not good when the MVP of the team you are rooting for is the punter.
+1
Whoa! Instant classic!!
+2
founder
Posted by David Schott (+12942) one month ago
Poooooooor Grizzlies. Boo hoo.
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1005) one month ago
Pooooooooooooooooooor Grizzlies
+1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+12354) one month ago
Let it be noted for the record, if the Griz had not been cheated of their last touchdown, the final score would have been 32 - 29, very close to the 34 - 28 mark I predicted.

As a Tech Oredigger, I am an impartial observer. Congrats to the Cats on getting their offense going in the second half.

My takes on the final series:

If Choate told the ref he was calling timeout in advance, how the heck does the play occur, only to say, sorry, no touchdown. There is no icing a play, only icing a kicker.

After you get "iced" Bobby and reveal your hand, you run the same play again?

Ball at two foot line. 3rd and goal. Line Sneed at center, two QB sneaks, game over.
+1
I am guessing, Gunnar, Choate had the refs ear and, with excellent timing, called for the timeout just before the play. Therefore - no play. Hauck did the same on the previous play except his team had the ball.

I agree running the same play following the timeout seemed odd as UM's QB is an excellent runner but that's the way it goes. Maybe the offensive coordinator saw something. Plus you have to give the Cat's defense credit.

I was living in Missoula during Hauck's last turn as head coach of the Griz. There was always a lot of complaining about the Griz offense lacking imagination. They seemed to have plenty until the last couple of plays.
+1
supporter
Posted by Don Birkholz (+1005) one month ago
MSU Bobcats will host Incarnate Word University Nov 24 in the first round. The winner will play NDSU. The University of Incarnate Word is a Catholic University, I think from San Antonio Texas, with a 6 and 4 record.
+3