President Effing Moron
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+12190) 15 days ago
When you think Trump can't slither any lower to appeal to his slimy base of deplorables, he comes up with issuing an Executive Order to repeal the 14th amendment.

You can't make this stuff up. What blows my mind, is that the Trump supporter imbeciles were all about the constitution. Now, constitution be damned.

Heil Trump!

You Trump supporters want to make me throw up. Waiting for the usual "but but but Obama!" Go snort some more meth.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+3
supporter
Posted by Bill Stroh (+147) 12 days ago
The main reason for the 14th was to settle once and for all the question of citizenship for the freed slaves after the civil war--born on US soil and subject to it's jurisdiction. Anchor babies and birthright citizenship were never part of the intent.

Only in more recent times have modern liberals tried to make this issue part of the 14th. The president is not repealing the 14th amendment by executive order but only working to secure our borders.

It's probably time for a Supreme Court decision on this!
+3
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8142) 12 days ago
The plain text of the amendment seems to disagree with you.
+2
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9203) 12 days ago
The 14th Amendment to the Constitution wrote:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

If only we had a way to know what they were thinking. Hmmm. 🤔

http://memory.loc.gov/cgi...&recNum=11

And yeah, you have to read it, all of it, to understand the how and why.
+3
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9203) 12 days ago
Reply to Bill Stroh (#377379)
Bill Stroh wrote:
The main reason for the 14th was to settle once and for all the question of citizenship for the freed slaves after the civil war--born on US soil and subject to it's jurisdiction. Anchor babies and birthright citizenship were never part of the intent.

Only in more recent times have modern liberals tried to make this issue part of the 14th.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Take a look at the the link I posted above. The members of Congress debated back then the EXACT issues you don't seem to think they did.

This was all settled 150 years ago when they and the country ultimately decided in favor of the 14th Amendment.

Why pick the wrong side of history, a century and a half too late?? 😕
+6
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9344) 3 days ago
Because those babies are brown, damnit, and many of us are just as racist now as we were 150 years ago. Or 100 years ago. Or 50 years ago.
+2
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+12190) yesterday
Trump has given up scaring his base with the Caravan of Illegals, according to latest reports.

Der Der der.

You Trump supportors are some mind numbing stupid, that you can walk and chew gum at the same time flabbergasts me.

BROWN PEOPLE ARE GOING TO KILL US THEN TAKE OUR JOBS!!!

I cannot understand why people continue to try to have intelligent discourse with close minded idiots. To me, the best course for our country is better education. Better math, Better science. Better reading and writing.

Don't end up like Oddjob. Look ahead to America's greatness. We can inspire the world again. We are America!
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+12190) 8 hours ago
Okay, I have to give him credit when credit is due. Today Trump did a good thing. Maybe he is coming to his senses after the election?

Trump Endorses Easing Some Mandatory Sentencing Laws

https://www.nytimes.com/2...e=Homepage

I've never been a fan of our mandatory sentencing laws. All cases are unique. The current laws have led to the highest incarceration rate in the world.
+1