Posted by TheDude (+176) 27 days ago
I like the fact that Mark Hilderbrand has worked in law enforcement AND retail.I think that a person that has interacted with all kinds of people would make a better and more impartial justice of the peace.I definitely intend to vote for Mark.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+8
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2335) 27 days ago
If you haven't watched the debate between the two of the candidates I highly suggest doing so before making your choice. Working in retail has nothing to do with the job of JOP. Experience matters in that position and it's plain to see one of the two is more qualified then the other.
+3
Posted by jp7 (+147) 27 days ago
I agree with TheDude!
+3
supporter
Posted by headshot (+124) 27 days ago
Mark is not tied at the hip to law enforcement, has all the training that his opponent has and has tremendous community involvement along with ability to solve problems for all members of the county, achieving fair treatment for everyone.
+1
Posted by DallasP (+58) 27 days ago
Jeff Faycosh has my support! There is a reason all law professionals in eastern Montana support him as well to include Custer counties current JP.

[Edited by DallasP (10/18/2018 10:45:51 PM)]
+3
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2335) 26 days ago
Just to be clear Mark isn't even close to having the training that Jeff has. Again didn't anyone watch the debate between the two of these candidates?
+2
Posted by TheDude (+176) 26 days ago
Yes I did watch the debate last night.Only reinforced my opinion that I would rather have a judge that had law enforcement ties AND experience in the public sector.
+1
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2335) 26 days ago
Mark was very clear in the debate that he has NO ties with law enforcement anymore, but Jeff does still. Not sure how you missed that. Anyways that's what makes things interesting in this world. No one needs all the votes to win just 51% will do just fine.
+1
Posted by ocne (+474) 26 days ago
What does working in retail (or not) have to do with being qualified to be a judge?

Just curious as I'm failing to make the connection myself.
+2
founder
Posted by David Schott (+12820) 26 days ago
My personal preference is to not have ex-cops serving as a judge because I am concerned they may have a bias in favor of the law officer in a case. It seems like both candidates here are ex-cops, though.

I don't know Jeff Faycosh but my experiences with Mark Hilderbrand when he was with MCPD were always positive. He seemed to be a fair and level-headed cop. Those are qualities I would want in a judge.
+5
Posted by gypsykim (+1549) 18 days ago
Mark has my vote. He’s level-headed, respectful, ethical and has great integrity.
+3
Posted by Marty Scheid (+215) 15 days ago
I know both of the candidates, and believe both to be stand up citizens, however Jeff is FAR more qualified for this position. He has my vote!
+1
Posted by Frank Burns (+60) 14 days ago
Mark Hilderbrand is my pick. He has the right stuff to be a judge.
+1
Posted by TheDude (+176) 7 days ago
Congradulations Mark!
+2