Trump Revokes Security Clearances
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+2919) 3 months ago
Richard Nixon had his enemies list and today Trump, once again, is showing the world (especially his friend and supporter, Vladimir Putin) how mean and vindictive he can be. Trump has revoked the security clearance of John Brennan, former head of the CIA who, heretofore, has served the U.S.A. creditably. Unlike Trump, Brennan has never had to hire a lawyer to defend himself against collusion with the Russians.

"Trump Revokes Security Clearance of former CIA Director Brennan, a Critic of the President" by Felicia Sonmez and David Nakamura, Washington Post, August 15, 2018

https://www.washingtonpos...5e4f587e6e

Under the comments section of the article, redsoxshel wrote:

"Again, I am compelled to point out the similarities between Trump’s actions and 1930s Germany. Taking punitive action against Americans because they speak out against the leader? What’s next? With the Republican take over of our courts, how long is it going to be before it is illegal to criticize the President based on so-called national security reasons??? The loss of freedom and the ramp up of fascism can be slow. It took Germany over ten years between the election of Hitler and the beginning of the final solution. We must never forget and be ever vigilant."

Wake Up, America!

Posted by tom regan (+565) 3 months ago
"The only questions that remain are whether the collusion that took place constituted criminally liable conspiracy, whether obstruction of justice occurred to cover up any collusion or conspiracy, and how many members of “Trump Incorporated” attempted to defraud the government by laundering and concealing the movement of money into their pockets."

https://www.nytimes.com/2...rance.html
permalink   ·  vote tally
+2
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+2919) 3 months ago
"Admiral Who Oversaw Bin Laden Raid to Trump: 'Revoke My Security Clearance, as Well'" by Jonathan Allen, nbcnews.com, August 16, 2018

https://www.nbcnews.com/p...my-n901421

Admiral William McRaven's Letter:

"Dear Mr. President:

Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revoked on Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.

Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.

Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.

A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.

Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.

If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be."
+1
MAGA
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+12214) 3 months ago
Tin Horn SOB.

Posted by wanderingman55 (+9) 3 months ago
We've been losing freedoms a long time. Way before Trump. Obama could not be critized for fear of one being labeled racist. Not arguimg, but making factual ppints.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+12214) 3 months ago
Reply to wanderingman55 (#376773)
wanderingman55 wrote:
We've been losing freedoms a long time. Way before Trump. Obama could not be critized for fear of one being labeled racist. Not arguimg, but making factual ppints.

Not arguing either, but I totally disagree. Search my posts here over the last several years and you will find many areas where I personally disagreed with Obama. Examples: Stupid Keystone XL pipeline decision, not going far enough on the 2009 recovery program, half arsed Obama care insurance, etc. I don't recall anyone ever calling me a racist because I disagreed with him, here, or in conversation.
I'm honestly very curious. What freedoms did Obama take away?
+3
Posted by jerry nelson (+10) 3 months ago
Wake up America?
Rest assured that we are very much awake!
😉
founder
Posted by David Schott (+12838) 2 months ago
+1