Duncan Murray. President of Caledonian Society
Posted by Anne McClymont (+14) 6 months ago
Hi,
I am Duncan’s great niece, Anne McClymont(née Murray)
He was President of the Society 1959/60 or thereabouts.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have any further
documentation of his life in Miles city or that of his sister(my
Grandmother) Kate (Catherine)Maclean. She was married to George Maclean.

I believe they were sheep farmers and spent time in Ingomar. They were all from the Isle of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland.

All of Duncan’s children pre deceased him, one son in tragic circumstances.

My husband and I are planning to visit this year and would be grateful if we can be pointed in the right direction to do further research.( where they lived etc )I have located their graves in Custer cemetery in Miles City.
Looking forward to some responses and thank you in advance.
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9270) 6 months ago
Hi, Try sticking Murray or Maclean in the search area of the site and see if any of the results are relevant.

https://milescity.com/search

Regards, Larry
MilesCity.com Webmaster
permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
Posted by Rob b (+13) 6 months ago
Anne,
Not such a long shot! I'm Duncan Murray's grandson. There are four of us that all live fairly close to miles city. Remember meeting your grandmother a few times when I was pretty young. She was affectionately called "big Kate." Lots inMates in miles city! Let us know when you will be in town and we will try and get together! Email me at robbarth406@gmail.com safe travels! Rob
+1
Posted by Kris bartholomew (+9) 6 months ago
Hi Anne. Duncan Murray was my grandfather. My brother Duncan Bartholomew lives in miles city and you can contact him they Facebook. I am also on Facebook as well. Please let us know your plans this summer if you come to. Miles city.

Kris
+1
Posted by Rob b (+13) 6 months ago
Guess what?! I'm Duncan Murray's grandson. Net you're grandmother a time or two. Would love to see you in miles city. I'm sure my other siblings would like to meet you two. Let us know asap when you plan to be in miles.

Respectfully, Rob Bartholomew (robbarth406@gmail.com)
+1
Posted by Kim B. (+9) 6 months ago
Anne I'm attempting to reply to your request about Kate MacLean I also am Duncan Murray's granddaughter. We would love to meet you if you would let us know your travel plans. If you would like to contact me at douglas_mcrae@hotmail.com and I believe I have a picture of George and Kate that I would be glad to send to you. Thanks Kim
+1
Posted by Anne McClymont (+14) 6 months ago
Hi all,
I’m absolutely overwhelmed with your responses. I had almost given up hope of finding anyone. I will be in touch with all of you individually very soon.
It’s my birthday today and this is the best gift, finding long lost cousins.!
We will be in Montana from 21-29July, flying into Billings on 21st of July, staying the night there and heading to Miles City.
Love
Anne