Mueller will not charge Trump
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+13712) 2 months ago
I think this is spot-on:

"Perhaps more critically, though, prosecutors such as Mueller, who gather evidence and thereafter only seek charges that they believe can stick all the way through trials and appeals, necessarily must face all practical realities and limitations. So here is a more practical, down-to-earth answer on charging President Trump: it is not going to happen. This is not a constitutional or politically motivated statement; it is a prosecutorial one."

http://thehill.com/opinio...arge-trump

I also think old-growth progressives (MCD comes to mind here ) wasting any additional time chewing their fingers off above the second knuckle by bashing every statement of Agent Orange (Trump defoliates and deflowers everything he touches) is a poor use of time and server space. As George Lakoff recently stated:

"It's time to stop asking why conservatives think the way they do and start figuring out what the American majority can do to make sure their dominance over our political system comes to a swift and final end."
https://medium.com/@G...765a5afd8d

The strategy of shock, awe, and shame at what the Trump administration does in a daily "as the stomach churns" fashion is a failure. It creates alienation, anxiety, and apathy in the voting public. The strategy ought to be to motivate a large portion of the 45% of registered voters who didn't bother to participate to become regular voters. This happens when there is a purpose and a connection of values between the voter and the candidate.

The current progressive playbook is old and worn out. I am a progressive who wants to see real change (i.e. single-payer healthcare, adoption of Keynesian economics, the reorganization of our agricultural food system, etc.). I am tired of the zone-blocking west-coast offense that only puts 16 points on the board and then relies on defensive posturing to outlast the opponent. I am not alone. We need a high flying eagles offense that is out to win the game by scoring a bunch of points and create a dynasty of patriots.

So let's move on and become progressive in a manner with which the American majority can identify shared values and adopt a more effective and efficient path forward.

[Edited by Richard Bonine, Jr. (5/7/2018 2:01:27 PM)]
permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+11652) 2 months ago
Reply to Richard Bonine, Jr. (#376086)
Richard Bonine, Jr. wrote:

The current progressive playbook is old and worn out. I am a progressive who wants to see real change (i.e. single-payer healthcare, adoption of Keynesian economics, the reorganization of our agricultural food system, etc.). I am tired of the zone-blocking west-coast offense that only puts 16 points on the board and then relies on defensive posturing to outlast the opponent. I am not alone. We need a high flying eagles offense that is out to win the game by scoring a bunch of points and createdestroy a dynasty of patriots.

Fixed that for you.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+13712) 2 months ago
You fixed it, but I’m not sure you made it better.