Capt. Tammie Jo Shults and her Nerves of Steel
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+2721) 4 months ago
Take a listen to Capt. Shults as she flies on one engine and safely lands her crippled Southwest plane with 149 passengers onboard; thus, avoiding disaster! Very impressive! Next time I fly Southwest, I hope she is piloting the aircraft!

https://www.nytimes.com/2...hults.html

Posted by The man from snowy plains (-159) 4 months ago
WOW, FANTASTIC POST.

Amazing she is totally calm and collected, God had an angel on controls in that flight
Snowy, I don't know you or your age. However, after reading all your previous posts on this website, I have gotten the idea that you were not in the forefront of the women's liberation movement, and may have been against women serving in the military in any capacity other than nurse or clerk. Am I correct?

I'm glad to see you can appreciate the flying excellence and grace under pressure exhibited by this female, former Navy fighter pilot. I'm old enough to remember when women were not allowed to be Navy pilots. As a feminist, I am happy to have been involved in the prolonged fight for women's rights -- in this case the right to be a great pilot.

Best regards!
No I'm not female biased in any fashion at all. A favorite movie is GI Jane. If you haven't seen it, you'll like it. A bright female Navy officer IS the first women to go to NAVY SEALS TRAINING.
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2272) 4 months ago
Why does gender and race of to be the headline in everything now days? How about just saying the pilot did a great job in a tough situation.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+2
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+1657) 4 months ago
Navy pilots are the best trained....She had the "Right Stuff".
I agree Cubby ...race and gender have nothing to do it.
Last time I looked
I'm male with 1/8 Hispanic. I bad I guess. On questions of forms for race, I check the WHITE box...
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8054) 4 months ago
You're a regular procreateing oreo.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+11723) 4 months ago
Trump needs to deport Snowy. Back to Mexico with the likes if you, Snowy Gonzales.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+12370) 4 months ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#375916)
Bola de nieve.
Where's the love bros or is your racism showing?
founder
supporter
Posted by Earl Bennett (+478) 4 months ago
Reply to The man from snowy plains (#375925)
come on guys, this was prob the first good post I have seen snowy do on a MCD post
permalink   ·  vote tally
+2
According to an article in today's Billings Gazette, and from information taken from the 2012 book, “Military Fly Moms”, when Captain Tammie Jo Shults was a senior in high school, she went to a career day and was “assured there were no professional women pilots.” As a junior in college, Tammie Shults found out there were women pilots and she wrote that she “set to work trying to break into the club.” The U.S. Air Force rejected Tammie Jo Shults but wanted her brother. Tammie Jo Shults persisted for a year until a Navy recruiter processed her application.”

Capt. Shults' story is a perfect example of gender bias and sexism in education which still persists to this day -- although it is not as bad as when I was in high school.

NEVERTHELESS, SHE PERSISTED!

supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+11723) 4 months ago
We love you, Snowy, but as a Trump supporter, you need to show some consistency.
I wouldn't say all women feel that way, you'll either get over it or you'll keep feeling sorry for yourself, it's more of a choice than a daily reality.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8054) 4 months ago
Something tells me snowball also thinks that depressed people should just 'chipper up'.
Who said anything about depression? Once again, Snowy, can't stay on topic and has demonstrated a pathetic attempt to make it personal against me. Nice try! If you can't stay on topic, attack the messenger or the message.

Previously, we were talking about gender bias in education experienced by Capt. Shults. I wonder how, Snowy, would do on implicit gender bias test.

Here's one from Harvard University and the University of Virginia:

https://implicit.harvard....atest.html
https://abovethelaw.com/2018/01/white-conservative-dudes-sue-google-for-gender-and-race-discrimination/

Google employees sueing over Conservative Male bias.

The message is bias of Liberal Women isn't exactly true. If you want to go thru life as a victim, It is a CHOICE.
As posted on local news by Don Birkholz.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/37990388/montana-native-tried-to-save-passenger-sucked-out-of-southwest-flight

This women hero is Herb Mackey daughter. Herb is an outstanding member of Grace Bible church in Miles City.
How did you do on the gender bias test, Snowy?
The question is how did you do on the test MCD