Anyone, who knew / knows Bill Cunningham
Posted by sune villum-nielsen (+11) 7 months ago
I heard Bill Cunningham play his guitar and sing westerns. Which he did very well.
It was in 1991, he might have been between 60 and 70 of age.
Does anyone know him and his music?
He did have some sort of association to WILD HORSE SALOON / WILD HORSE TAVERN IN Miles City, Montana.
Sent by S Villum-Nielsen, age 73, a bluegrass fiddle/banjo player from Denmark
permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
Posted by Phil Shifley (+96) 7 months ago
By description I believe you're talking about Lyle Cunningham, he did run an establishment called the Wild Horse Pavilion. He was known to travel and play for a few events and locally although I never heard or saw any performances.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+8861) 7 months ago
Lyle Cunningham passed away in 2004.
http://billingsgazette.co...535c7.html
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Dave Roberts (+1158) 7 months ago
Was this the same Lyle "Yes, Goddamn!" (He'd had a stroke. All he could say was "yes", "no", & "Goddamn") that tossed Jesse Ventura?
Posted by TheDude (+176) 7 months ago
According to Lyle,yes he tossed Jesse the Body Ventura outta the Wild Horse.According to Jesse,in one of his autobiographies he said he had never even been to Montana when asked about the alleged affair.
Lyle went to a number of cowboy poet get-togethers and played guitar and sang old cowboy songs.He had a "R" rated version of Strawberry Roan that was hilarious.

Whiskey and women at the Wild Horse.Oh yeah.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+13743) 7 months ago
Didn’t Lyle also own a Pawn shop that was housed in the old Presbyterian Church and also next to the Bison across the alley from the executive building.
Posted by TheDude (+176) 7 months ago
The pawn shop you are referring to was called Cowtown Antiques.Although Lyle would have you think otherwise,the pawn shop and the Wild Horse Pavillion were in fact owned by Maryonna Johnson,Lyle's significant other....