Trump--Flush with Power
banned
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+2888) 9 months ago
https://www.nytimes.com/2...-dowd.html

Here's what one reader wrote in response:

"Apparently Trump supporters love the awful spectacle of Trump, like something out of the late Roman Empire.

The cruel politically motivated and public firing of Andrew McCabe just a day or two before his pension vested has them doing back flips of glee, just like the manner of the firing of Tillerson and Comey. Trading Cohn for Kudlow or McMasters for Bolton just adds to the joy.

It feels like the acts of a demented emperor, glorying in the cheers of the crowd when, after days of building anticipation, he gives the thumbs down. Most of his major actions thus far have had the same character, most notably the announcement of withdrawal from the Paris Climate Accord.

The only thing better than the cheering crowds to Trump and his supporters is the outrage of the other 60% of Americans, especially when they beg him to reconsider yet another effort to tear the future of America apart.

But outrage is exactly the tonic a complacent country needs to re-engage with our civic responsibility to tackle the corruption of power in the Congress, the White House, Supreme Court and the private sector by Big Money interests.

So rage on, Mr Trump. it look from the outside like you are reaching the "Nixon talking to the portraits of past Presidents" moment."

WAKE UP, AMERICA! TRUMP IS GOING MAD IN THE WHITE HOUSE! I'M OLD! BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY, TRUMP IS WAY WORSE THAN NIXON EVER DREAMED OF BEING. I'M JUST HOPING THE U.S. SURVIVES THIS TRAIN WRECK OF A PRESIDENCY! REX TILLERSON WAS RIGHT. PRAY FOR THE U.S.A.