Trump Says He Would Have Confronted School Shooter
banned
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+2888) 10 months ago
Regarding last week's school shooting in Florida, here's was Trump had to say today: “You don’t know until you test it, but I think, I really believe I would have run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon.”

Oh really? Trump, the guy with 5 deferments during the Vietnam War (one for heel spurs), would have run in unarmed to confront the shooter with the AR-15? REALLY???

Here's what one woman, Jomama, posted in response to a New York Times article about Trump's comments:

"Mr. President - You had your chance to be a real hero and 'run in' with a gun PLUS serve your country. Instead, you chose to dodge the draft and invoke bone spurs; therefore, you have NOTHING on which to base your harsh words and should refrain from criticizing others.

I am a Gold Star Wife and I beg you to be silent out of respect for those who are heroes and have paid the ultimate price with their lives. They answered the call... you did not. I can assure you that my husband would not be criticizing others, and he was a real hero - a US Marine."

Read more at:

"Trump Says He Would Have Rushed In Unarmed to Stop School Shooter" by Eileen Sullivan, [New York Times[/i], February 26, 2018
By EILEEN SULLIVANFEB. 26, 2018

https://www.nytimes.com/2...orida.html
permalink   ·  vote tally
+6
banned
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+2888) 9 months ago
Satire by Andy Borowitz: "Trump Orders Parade to Celebrate His Hypothetical Act of Heroism in Florida School," New Yorker, February 26, 2018

https://www.newyorker.com...Q3NTkyMAS2
+1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+12354) 9 months ago
The Borowitz Report never fails....

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a moment of high drama at the White House on Tuesday morning, Donald J. Trump dove under his desk after a can of Diet Coke opened with an unexpectedly loud sound.

Moments earlier, Trump had pressed a button on his desk, summoning Vice-President Mike Pence to the Oval Office to serve him the frosty beverage.

According to one aide, when Pence opened the can, it made “an unusually loud noise,” sending Trump ducking under his desk in a millisecond.

At a news conference, minutes later, the press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, attempted to tamp down speculation that Trump had acted in a cowardly manner during the Diet Coke incident. “The President prudently repositioned himself under his desk in an aggressive crouch,” she said. “He was ready for anything.”

Pence agreed with her assessment. “The President was putting himself in a position where, if need be, he could defend the entire country against an attack,” he said. “I, for one, am honored to serve a man of such valor.”

The White House physician, Ronny Jackson, also had high praise for Trump. “He has the ability to flee a loud noise of a man half his age,” the doctor said.
+2
supporter
Posted by Hanson (+501) 9 months ago
Trump would have disregarded the extreme pain he was enduring from the corn on his toe and 'run' in there to confront the shooter.