Needy Montanans Caught in Budget Gap
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+2852) 9 months ago
"Needy Montanans Caught in Budget Gap," Gazette Opinion, Billings Gazette, January 2, 2018.

http://billingsgazette.co...1d20d.html
permalink   ·  vote tally
+2
Posted by The man from snowy plains (-196) 8 months ago
Oh but Montana shouldn't MINE or DRILL their natural resources. We don't need too increase jobs and taxes. That big bad carbon will make for cold winter weather.
+1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+11903) 8 months ago
Reply to The man from snowy plains (#374514)
The man from snowy plains wrote:
Oh but Montana shouldn't MINE or DRILL their natural resources. We don't need too increase jobs and taxes. That big bad carbon will make for cold winter weather.

What kind of idiotic statement is that? Montana and the Federal Government are ruled by Republicans, who promote mining and drilling all the time. Current downtrends in both industries are due to supply and demand.

They must not teach Economics for First Graders out on the snowy plains.
+2
Oh yea of little real life knowledge. Coal is lower because OBAMA war on coal.True oil is controlled by middle East OPEC set out too put a blow to USA SHALE OIL. Natural gas is in full supply, yet lots of room for storage. But the reality is we see the real world reality is CHECK YOUR UTILITIES BILLS. THEY ARE 30 TO 50 PERCENT HIGHER.
Oh dumb Gunnar doesn't remember when Montana Oil was given a big tax breaks in 2004. Sidney and Fairview had 50 drilling rigs. After a couple years North Dakota passed a tax break and the rigs piled in. FRACKING is in full production now in North Dakota. WITH THE KEYSTONE DO PIPLINE going for completion (Oh you remember OBAMA HAD IT SHUT DOWN)ECONOMICS IS PARTY DRIVEN WISE GUY.
+1
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+9330) 8 months ago
I thought the topic was how government was failing to do its job by caring for the most vulnerable among us. Government is not about cutting taxes. It is about providing services.
+2
Energy puts a lot of tax dollars into the state coffers for benefits too the less fortunate.
+1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+11903) 8 months ago
Good Lord. You are incredibly stupid. How are you able to walk and chew snoose at the same time, Snowy?
+1
No Gunnar, daddy didn't buy me a ivory education. I took a self paid course in a Junior Collage which used Navy Basic Electricity and Electronics. My knowledge of the energy sector is hands on working in upper management positions in mining, power generation, and oil natural gas. I've worked shoulder to shoulder negotiating multiple Billion Contracts, with men that had letters behind their that looked like alphabet soup. PRESIDENTS AND CEO of major utilities in the western states, World wide Oil and Gas service companies.
The coolest thing was not one these highly educated professionals was an ignorant, pompous, name calling AS$ like you. Every one of them were gentlemen concerned with their family's and the impact of their jobs was literally their value of their daily for decisions was seen in day to day stock value of their company's.
SO JURK GUNNAR you just rave on. Nobody cares about your hotytoty liberal view points, you just keep winding up Fact Toid MCD like a pulpit on a string.
Yes OBAMA war on America set this country back decades.
+1
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+13733) 8 months ago
Damit Snowy, it’s factoid, not Fact Toid.

Frankly, the title of this thread is annoying. Based on how people vote or don’t vote, “needy” and “Montanans” should not be in the same sentence. It’s an oxymoron. l
founder
Posted by David Schott (+12558) 8 months ago
Clearly "Snowy" is a genius on the order of Donald J. Trump.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8093) 8 months ago
Stable as a two legged stool.
+1