The National Debt
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+12355) one year ago
It's about to increase by a trillion dollars. Thank you Republican voters!
permalink   ·  vote tally
+3
founder
Posted by David Schott (+12936) one year ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#374196)
What's sad is we will grow our debt but still have a lack of investment in infrastructure and the cost of healthcare in America continues to be a huge burden for many families.
+1
banned
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+2888) one year ago
The GOP tax plan, if passed, will increase the national debt by approximately $1.5 trillion over the next 10 years. This video is a year old but it explains things pretty well -- just remember the national debt problem is about to get a lot, lot worse. Buckle your seat belts; it's going to be a bumpy ride in the future. In the meantime, I suspect the Trump Administration will soon make "national debt" a banned word.

https://www.washingtonpos...a26c36ccbb

banned
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+2888) one year ago
The GOP tax plan is not the way to Make America Great Again!

Fareed Zakaria writing in The Washington Post explains:

". . . .The tax bill is expected to add at least $1 trillion to the national debt over the next 10 years, and some experts think the real loss to federal revenue will be much higher. If Congress doesn’t slash spending, automatic cuts will kick in unless Democrats and Republicans can agree to waive them. Either way, the prospects for discretionary spending look dire, with potential cuts to spending on roads and airports, training and apprenticeship programs, health-care research and public-health initiatives, among hundreds of other programs. And these cuts would happen on top of an already difficult situation. As Gary Burtless of the Brookings Institution points out, combined public investment by federal, state and local governments is at its lowest point in six decades, relative to GDP.

The United States is at a breaking point. In August, the World Bank looked at 50 countries and found that the United States will have the largest unmet infrastructure needs over the next two decades. Look in any direction. According to the American Road & Transportation Builders Association, the United States has almost 56,000 bridges with structural problems (about 1,900 of which are on interstate highways), and these are crossed 185 million times a day. . . . ."

Read more at:

https://www.washingtonpos...e8324ca42b
+3
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+2627) one year ago
I don't think that they have been one bit bashful about who will benefit from the so called Tax Plan..and, the obvious rush for getting it passed. If you don't find yourself among the lucky "Gazillionaires"...you may want to do some calling. The following is a pretty good breakdown:

https://www.yahoo.com/fin...42006.html

We didn't expect to belong but, I sure don't think we ought to let them off so easy. We need to "Bug 'em"☺☺
+5
supporter
There are 62,984,825 blithering idiots in this country. You know if you are one of them.
+4
supporter
Robert Reich does a nice job summarizing the Republican tax plan:

http://www.newsweek.com/r...hoous/news
+4
Posted by The man from snowy plains (-244) one year ago
OBAMA HAS THE RECORD FOR NATIONAL DEBT.

http://www.politifact.com/new-jersey/statements/2012/may/04/chain-email/obama-has-added-more-national-debt-previous-43-pre/KIM
+2
supporter
You are such a dumba$$. Every fool knows that Obama had to increase spending in 2009 to stimulate the economy after G.W.'s administration ushered in the Great Recession, which succeeded and led to the national debt lowering in subsequent years. Some of us, myself included, believe he should have spent more to allow the recovery to occur quicker. But the Republicans wouldn't let him, BECAUSE THEY WERE HOWLING ABOUT THE DEFICIT AT THE TIME.

Republican philosophy on increasing the National Debt:
Spending on infrastructure to create jobs and stimulate the economy = bad
Giving rich donors tax breaks = good
+3
Snoops has an interesting look a national debt by President.
https://www.snopes.com/politics/politicians/nationaldebt.asp

It's all about how the numbers are crunched.

But hey, let's regress and get on with the Impeachment Climactic TRUMPS IMPEACHMENT SHOW

That should lock up both Congress and Senate long enough too wreck the economy.

Win, loose or draw, AMERICA was formed by GREAT MEN.
So far it has survived, Yet can it survive the WORLD WIDE INSTANT COMMUNICATION AND MISINFORMATION?
I'd like to think regardless of political difference we join together for the common good!
FYI MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL,
+1
banned
Posted by Rob Shipley (+344) one year ago
The National Debt, the GOP Income Tax Break for Christmas, Al Franken's sexual predation, Bill Clinton's sexual predation, Chuck Shumer being allowed near young girls, Nancy Pelosi not being in jail................."Oh, bother" (very best eternal quote from Best Pal Pooh (Winnie the Pooh).

All of this crap, and every single bit of it is all crap, just overwhelms me. So, all I can do is set my mind and heart at ease ( to enjoy the Reason for the Season, the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, given the entire world by Holy Father GOD and not being any gift from the IRS) and not file another despicably illegal and unconstitutional IRS form 1040 between now and April 15th.

Income Tax is the Great American Hoax. When anyone does not desire to be engaged in any of it, remedy is very wonderfully simple. DO NOT FILE. The less than 1.3 percent of adult Americans who KNOW THE TRUTH know the IRS law mandates the IRS must assess every individual and corporate taxpayer in the USA. When the IRS does NOT follow its very own law, a wonderful thing effects.......nothing.

Check this out. The United States Congress mandated this wonderful protection into the IRS scam in 1954. Only foolish people stumble along day to day drowning themselves in illegal guilt that they are not precious to Father God and must waste the money He provides to them with any of His six hundred thirty (630) covenants about acquiring wealth in the Holy Bible.

The Federal Reserve Bank is NOT "federal"; has never held cash "reserves" like all other 8,800 banks in the USA; and, has never one day held a banking charter.
There you have it, Folks, the Fed and the Income Tax is all sham.

Thank you.

Rob Shipley
+1
banned
Man from Snowy Plains,

Thank you, Sir, you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool here.
FACT : 1. obamatron is going down as the very worst U.S. president ever.
2. He submerged the USA in more debt in eight ( 8 ) years than **all**
his predecessors altogether in two hundred plus (200+) years. Under
the guise (bullpoop) of a recovery that never happened.
a. What was that Solendra $500,000,000 deal about now, I forgot?
3. DJT is blamed for $1.5 trillion in ten (10) years....$150 billion
per year for ten (10) years. BHO sunk us more than ten trillion
($10,000,000,000,000) in only eight ( 8 ) years, or, one trillion
two hundred fifty billion ($1,250,000,000,000)per year for eight (8).
When the simple math reveals BHO's tremendous national debt increase
calculates to being more than EIGHT TIMES (8X) as heavy......
....I fail to see the logic of the Trump haters here. Duh?
Snowy Plains, I wish we meet as soon as practicable. Your intellect warms my heart. Thank you, Sir.

Rob Shipley
+2
supporter
Posted by Hanson (+500) one year ago
Your mother would be ashamed of you. Maybe even your father, if he really considered the stupidity of your rants.
Posted by MilesCityMcGee (+206) one year ago
Rob,

If you take 1/8 of the effort you put into this forum and instead use it to clean up your yard and plant a garden, you’d have both a beautiful manor and enough cucumbers to feed Custer County.

Here’s a resource where you can learn all about the method of redirecting your nervous energies.

Eastern Montana Community Mental Health Center
2508 Wilson, Miles City, MT 59301

Phone: 406-234-1687 & Fax: 406-234-1698
https://youtu.be/Bzc8ZO5XYyo

GUNNAR..Was the 2008 crash a problem G W Bush made or Investment Bankers. This is a cute simple WHAT HAPPENED 101...not to be confused with Hillary's waa waa was, I'm a poor losser book.
supporter
Just taking a page out of your playbook, Snowy. If it happened on Bush's watch, its Bush's fault. Just like Benghazi. You do remember Benghazi, don't you?

+1
banned
McGee and Hanson,
Do not know who you people are, would enjoy sincerely both of you privately emailing me so I could better assess your opinions here in MC.com.
But, do believe neither of you ever will, so, I will as usual dismiss all of your gibberish as what they each are.........unintelligent persons trying to huff and puff and blow my house down sadly lacking in every necessary fact of law.
Obvious facts: You each waste way, way, way, way, way, way toooooooooooo much of the precious time of your life..........troubled about my opinions and the appearance of my home in Miles City among more than three hundred (300) a great deal more insufficient to your puritan totally bullpoop jerk opinions.
What I do with my life, my home, my money, my beliefs in GOD and the Constitution is now and always has been none of your business. Get a life, both of you.
I couldn't ever care less about the tar paper shacks you live in and the struggles you each endure trying to get them paid off. The singular ways you waste your lives is none of my business. Neither of you will ever want to be a friend to me, ever help me in any way, nor, ask me to help either of you.
I have no debts and will always continue to enjoy coming and going just as I damned well please, anywhere, anytime. If I die tonight in my sleep or the next time I slide off a snow packed Montana highway............who the f**k cares? Sincerely I do not.

Ship
banned
Hanson,
You, Sir, or Ma'am, are absolutely correct. My genius parents were always so very ashamed of me both of them provided for me with only one hundred percent (100%) of their estates instead of any lesser amount.
They were both legends and geniuses in their own times. Me? I am just me. Many spill their ignorant guts I am a nut case, the vast majority do not. Who cares? I damned sure do not.
Curious, Sir/Ma'am,what did yours folks ever do for Miles City or anyone?

McGee,
You are still upset about my home that is none of your business...........buy it. $385,000; one hundred grand ($100,000) down in cash and I will finance the balance for fifteen (15) years at six percent ( 6% ) .Then you can tear it down, grow a fine garden or turn it in to a tar paper shack just like the one you already own.

Ship
banned
McGee,
Please, Lady, get yourself professional mental health assistance and treatment.
1. Who was the person who appointed you to be in charge of other people's lives and the ways they enjoyed property they owned? The Dems? Figures.
2. Please list here in MC.com your address so I can drive by and take pics to show other stupid people who also waste their entire lives bitching and whining about concerns that never were nor ever will be any of their business..........according to the Holy Word of GOD.
3. You need garden space, Lady? You can have my front lawn for FREE. All I ask is that you not screw with the natural alfalfa there that attracts a small whitetail doe and her fawn every summer for early morning before sunup grazing.

Rob Shipley
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2342) one year ago
Rob, you keep inviting people to buy your house. Why on earth would anyone want to buy a house that has no deed or title to it? That's like buying a car without a title, it would be worthless. No offense to you on this Rob but when was the last time someone appraised your home? Just wondering who gave you the value of $385000?
+1
banned
Cubby,
What I may ask for my home is no big deal. Quite obviously, you do not own a big home, right? PROOF The triplexes one (1) block to the east of me sold six (6) years ago for $230,000 apiece........$230,000 for two (2) bedroom homes connected with COMMON WALLS, duh? $230,000 each for triplexes. My place is no big deal, but it is five (5) bedrooms and three (3) full baths and large double garage on a corner lot of over 9,400 square feet, ok?

My home is also near the NEWEST and MOST expensive home in Miles City.....a mere two(2) blocks to the west, the $1,300,000 Bob and Pat Lucas home built by John Aye.

No one wants to buy my place anyway, so, it will never be any big deal. When I go to a rest home or die...................I'll probably just give it away anyhow. Don't have a wife or children with whom to pass it along.
banned
Gunnar,
Robert Reich has not seen the ball since the kickoff. And he is right in their with Pelosi and shumer and tester.
banned
The "Mystery Recovery" of the obamatron admin that was to correct all the wrongs of the banking busts and the dot.com crap............was just that, Gunnar, it was a real mystery because it NEVER happened.
obamatron was too busy guaranteeing his n pals in Solyndra were enjoying the half a billion ($500,000,000) he stole from the Treasury for them.

Did you here about the monkey who was in the Obama admin? He was caught on film peeing into a cash register and was quoted as saying, "Hey, this is fun, this is running into money."

Just like his hero, obamatron.
banned
Compare the FACTS of which groups of U.S. Presidents are the worst
1. There have been only thirteen (13) of the forty-five (45) who were dems.
2. History and records and facts detail the truth being democrat presidents have proven themselves one hundred twenty-eight times (128 X) more likely to cause wars and become labeled warmongers.
3. Who started the Civil War? Lincoln, a best republican ever.
4. Who started WWI? Woodrow Wilson, a dem
5. Who started WWII? FDR, a dem
6. Korea? Truman, a dem.
7. Viet Nam? LBJ, a dem

8. Which worst president ever buried the USA under more national debt (more than ten trillion $$$$$) than all of "its" previous forty-three (43)?

obamatron
Posted by nativemc (+377) one year ago
Mr. Shipley, you should maybe go back and check your history, dates and reasons for the wars you mentioned
+3
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9271) one year ago
Reply to Rob Shipley (#374295)
Rob, You need more corrections that this, but here's a few very obvious ones that stood out as complete B.S. and required a response.

---
YOU: 3. Who started the Civil War? Lincoln, a best republican ever.
---

WRONG.

#1. The war began when Confederates bombarded Union soldiers at Fort Sumter, South Carolina in 1861.

#2. Lincoln was a Northern Liberal Whig/Republican before becoming known as the first "Republican" president (which meant much different back then than it does now -- a Republican back then was liberal).

From Lincoln's own words:

“You inquire where I now stand. That is a disputed point — I think I am a whig; but others say there are no whigs, and that I am an abolitionist. When I was in Washington I voted for the Wilmot Proviso [an Ohio anti-slavery measure favored by Free Soilers] as good as forty times, and I never heard of any one attempting to unwhig me for that.”

---
YOU: 4. Who started WWI? Woodrow Wilson, a dem
---

WRONG.

#1. World War I started in 1914 with the assassination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his pregnant wife Sophie.

#2. This page from the BBC even has 10 theories as to who actually started the war:

http://www.bbc.com/news/m...e-26048324

A. Germany
B. Serbia
C. Austria-Hungary, Germany and Russia
D. Austria-Hungary and Germany
E. Austria-Hungary, Germany, Russia, France, Britain and Serbia
F. Austria-Hungary and Germany
G. Austria-Hungary, Germany, Russia, France, Britain and Serbia
H. Austria-Hungary and Germany
I. Austria-Hungary and Germany
J. Germany

Yet, NOT EVEN ONE of those theories are even remotely associated with Woodrow Wilson.

---
YOU: 5. Who started WWII? FDR, a dem
---

WRONG.

#1. Germany invaded Poland in 1939.

#2. As for when America was FORCED to get involved, that was December 7, 1941 -- you should remember that day -- everyone should -- the day Japan bombed the US and killed thousands of people at Pearl Harbor.

---
YOU: 6. Korea? Truman, a dem.
---

WRONG.

#1. The Korean War began in 1950 after the North Korean Communist Army, aided by China and the Soviet Union, invaded South Korea. The United Nations (the US being a part of) came in to save South Korea.

---

AND ... aside from any of the above ... NO PRESIDENT CAN DECLARE WAR ... ONLY CONGRESS CAN.
+6
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9271) one year ago
Reply to Rob Shipley (#374295)
One more, Rob ...

---
YOU: 8. Which worst president ever buried the USA under more national debt (more than ten trillion $$$$$) than all of "its" previous forty-three (43)?
---

WRONG.

Of modern presidents, amount added to the national debt by PERCENT:

#1. Ronald Reagan: Added 186 percent
#2. George W. Bush: Added 101 percent
#3. Barack Obama: Added 68 percent
#4. George H.W. Bush: Added 54 percent
#5. Jimmy Carter: Added 43 percent
#6. Bill Clinton: Added 32 percent

Trump? -- Wait and see. At this rate he'll take over the top spot real quick.

https://www.thebalance.co...nt-3306296
+4
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+12355) 8 months ago
The federal government needs to borrow $294 billion dollars this week, to keep operating.

http://money.cnn.com/2018...index.html

The United States plans to sell about $294 billion of debt, according to the Treasury Department. That's the highest for a week since the record set during the 2008 financial crisis.

Federal revenue is declining because of President Trump's tax cuts, so the government needs to borrow more to make ends meet. At the same time, Washington's borrowing costs have climbed rapidly in recent months.

The government is auctioning all this short- and longer-term debt at an awkward time. Last week, Trump vowed to impose wide-ranging tariffs on China, which owns of more Treasury bonds than any foreign country.

China responded by saying it would fight any trade war "to the end." When asked by Bloomberg Television whether China was considering scaling back purchases of US debt, China's ambassador to the United States said, "We are looking at all options."

China holds $1.17 trillion of US debt. It trimmed those holdings by 1.4% between December and January, the latest data show.

Meanwhile, the DOW fell another 345 points today. Those Republican tax cuts are working wonders!
banned
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+2888) 8 months ago
Bad news, Gunnar! Hmm. I wondered if the tariffs Trump recently imposed was to raise some money after the Trump administration gave big tax breaks to his billionaire pals and the corporations. Now we know! You can't fly a jet without jet fuel, and you can't run the U.S. government without tax revenue. The disconcerting thing is Trump has imposed tariffs on the Chinese, who basically are the U.S. government's lender of choice. IMHO: Not a way to make America great again! In fact, I think Trump is on his way to bankrupting the U.S. just like he bankrupted six of his businesses.