MT Oil, Gas & Coal Payments To Be Eliminated
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+1549) 14 days ago
If the GOP tax reform passes, we here in Montana can kiss goodbye Montana's share of federal oil, gas and coal royalty payments. The federal government splits those revenues with states where the leases are located.

How much money will Montana lose, you ask?

Well, Montana’s share of royalty payments last fiscal year was $23 million, according to the state Department or Revenue. Those payments would end under congressional pay-as-you-go rules intended to prevent lawmakers from cutting taxes without also cutting spending.

So, if you think Montana had budget problems this year, just wait until next year. If the GOP tax reform bill passes, things are going to get really, really tough here in Montana for many people -- and not just the poor this time.

If you don't like the GOP tax plan, call Senator Daines at 202-224-2651 or
406-245-6822. Senator Daines supports the tax plan. Senator Tester does not.

Read more at:

"Tax Bills Would Eliminate All Oil, Gas, and Coal Payments to Western States" by Matt Lee-Ashley & Jenny Rowland, Center for American Progress, November 20, 2017

By Matt Lee-Ashley and Jenny Rowland Posted on November 20, 2017, 3:25 pm

https://www.americanprogr...rn-states/
permalink   ·  vote tally
+2
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+2033) 14 days ago
Thank you. This would be devastating for Montana and all of the Western States. The massive debt that they would take on if they pass the tax bill is the excuse to make cuts to Education, Farm and Ranch, Health Care, and much more. The goal is the Military Industrial Complex...and the Radical Libertarians who are running our country and have so much influence will see their long time plan come to fruition. Read "Democracy in Chains".
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+8861) 13 days ago
Some folks were rejoicing that Daines was hesitating but I knew it was all political theatre. Our economy will collapse shortly. Damn.
+1
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+1549) 13 days ago
It gets worse!

This article explains things pretty well about how much money Montana will not be getting from the federal government if the GOP tax plan passes.

"Montana's State Government Could Lose $30M in Revenue if Senate Tax Plan Passes" by Tom Lutey, Citizens Tribune, November 30, 2017

http://www.citizentribune...03080.html
+1
Posted by The man from snowy plains (-138) 11 days ago
Maybe we stop pouring tax payers money into solar and wind farms and start taxing them. That darn carbon fuel and COW farts are a bad deal.
Kinda seems like the OBAMA years of Anti carbon energy is biting Montana in the rear end.
Oh by the way. Did you see your favorite Senator Tester voted against Private Schools last night. Yuppers that would include all of Montana fantastic Catholic schools. The best schools in Montana.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+7627) 11 days ago
carbon's a loser. China (and india) are going deep into solar - it would be great if America was the technology and IP leader in that field, but no, we're going to let someone else claim that spot.

We deserve trump.

And Montana's going to be losing out on CARBON royalties, numbnuts.

[Edited by Bridgier (12/2/2017 9:03:19 PM)]
+1
Nice. typical liberal. Jump right to name labels.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+7627) 10 days ago
You are correct, and I apologize for being needlessly pejorative in my description of your ignorance.
+5
Posted by The man from snowy plains (-138) 10 days ago
The defense rests.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+7627) 9 days ago
I guess if your defense is "I can't read or reason and liberals are mean poopyheads to point that out", you certainly won't have to twist my arm to get me to agree.

YOUR PARTY is going to be responsible for sequestration mandated shortfalls on payments made TO CARBON BASED EXTRACTION INDUSTRIES. The people YOU VOTED FOR are going to do this THE STATE OF MONTANA, and through the ensuing budget shortfalls, TO YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN. NONE OF THAT HAS JACK OR POOP TO DO WITH OBAMA.

But you're going to be more pissed that that a dirty liberal called you a numbnuts, instead of the fact that the Republican party is going to steal your money now and in the future. The defense rests? The defense never got out of procreateing bed.

[Edited by Bridgier (12/4/2017 10:55:42 AM)]
+5