Election Results
Posted by nativemc (+289) 16 days ago
I have looked in several places but can not find the actual results for Miles City's election results and numbers. Where can I find them?
founder
Posted by David Schott (+11223) 16 days ago
Reply to nativemc (#373754)
Yeah, it's pretty sad that the Montana Secretary of State's website doesn't have any results from last night's election that I can find. Still living in the 1980s, Montana?

Montana Secretary of State Official Election Results
Posted by nativemc (+289) 16 days ago
That was the first place I looked and of course no results yet. Thanks
Posted by mjd (+717) 16 days ago
They announced the results on Mike FM ~ KYUS. Ken Stein won the election.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+9901) 16 days ago
Sad election day for me in Helena. The progressive liberal ticket swept the election. All three candidates I voted for - incumbent mayor and two city commission candidates - lost.

It sucks being a moderate living in a polarized country. It seems that people anymore just vote for their ideology - not what candidates actual positions are.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
Posted by MCMT59301 (+178) 16 days ago
Or maybe they did...ever think of that?
+4
Posted by Kacey (+3105) 16 days ago
So if your candidates had won you wouldn't consider it because of a polarized country? Amazing. It's just the beginning of people taking back this country from the 1% so hang on. It's going to be a bumpy ride for those ingrained in the good ol' boys club.
Posted by Rob Shipley (+395) 16 days ago
Gunnar in Helena,
Believe you must know Helena Justice of the Peace Michael G. Swingley, correct?
I met him several years ago and we have discussed a great many issues facing all of the USA. I wanted to model my judgeship had I won after his.

Rob Shipley
Posted by Rob Shipley (+395) 16 days ago
Gunnar in Helena,
I think you would have voted for me had you lived here owing my positions and qualifications. I am a staunch Republican taught over the years to lessen my dependence on the GOP and its tricks, move to the middle of the road, study, think, learn, but always, above all else, praise Holy Father GOD in all things.
Thank you.

Ship
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1403) 16 days ago
Rob Shipley,

You ran a great race. You obviously threw everything you had into the election. You knocked on doors, invited those who disagree with you to come to your table to discuss it, you promised to be fair and represent everyone equally regardless of prejudice. You offered some passion on MC.com that made for great reading for those of us who have moved away.

I truly wish you had won.

FH
+1
founder
Posted by David Schott (+11223) 15 days ago
Kenneth Stein: 1079
Scott Zeitner: 709
Rob Shipley: 124

Congratulations to Judge Stein.
+3
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+13360) 15 days ago
So basically Stein won with about 20% of all registered voters. Being governed by the “too lazy to get off our asses and vote” crowd is sick and sad. I think we need to start fining people a $1000/election for not voting. There are few no valid excuses for not doing your patriotic duty. Shame on you!
+4
Posted by Rob Shipley (+395) 7 days ago
Frank Hardy and all good writers of milescity.com,
Thank you, Frank, for your acceptance of me and my good try. I knocked on over 2,600 doors of the 3,000+ doors in Miles City, spoke with 1,600 people, told them the truth, and, am now ashamed I did so poorly.

I did not ever know the vast majority of Miles City did not like me as is now proven. I am 21, I can handle this large defeat.

My wonderful parents, not me, did for Miles City:
1. Employed 40+ people and family providers, every year, for 40 years at Beacon Carter Service and W&S Propane Company.
2. Paid more than $2,000,000 in property taxes in Miles City and Custer County
3. Sold more than 27 million gallons of gasoline, diesel fuel and propane.
4. Mary taught in both high schools, SHHS and CCHS.
5. Dad taught fifty (50) people to fly
6. Dad started the Rod and Gun Club many long years ago
7. My dad joined the Miles City Club as soon as he became of age, in November,
1929, (age 21) he was born October 8, 1908. When Ship passed away, September 20, 1985, he was the oldest continuous member of the Miles City Club. ***The Miles City Club predates The Montana Club in Helena ***.

My well over 16,000 HARD HARD hours of online study of law had me convinced I could win the election and...................SERVE...............the good people of Miles City who graciously provided my family to become moderately wealthy..
I was wrong.I am ashamed.

Rob Shipley
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+1966) 7 days ago
For crying out loud, Rob...don't be ashamed! Sometimes losing an election can be the best thing that ever happens to a person. I filled a slate once and lost, thankfully. There is a lot more going on in this world. Get your book written☺☺
+3
Posted by Rob Shipley (+395) 6 days ago
Jeri Dalbec,
Thank you, Ma'am, for your comfort. I will have a hard time with this defeat for quite some time; just the way I am wired. My wonderful parents loved all of Miles City so much and did so much to give back to all the good people here; and me, I am just a reject. I want to also SERVE the remainder of my years at age seventy.

When Dad was in his fifties he told me of an article he had read in an aviation magazine about a fellow who was a farmer and an entrepreneur and was becoming troubled by a rather nosy interviewer early one morning on his porch.
*** The farmer looked again anxiously at his watch, and said, "Sir, it is already six thirty and I have some spraying to do." With that said the farmer walked over behind his barn and started the engine of his Piper Cub and taxied off to spray his crops at age 82." ***

Thank you. "Ship"
+1
Two poodles were strutting down the avenue in New York City. One was coal black, named "Fifi", and the other, white as snow, named "Gigi".

They had recently enjoyed a lot of money being spent on their haircuts; their tails were anointed with balls of fur at their tips, their legs were all trimmed and beautiful, and their heads each adorned with buns of hair on top.

"My name if Fifi, "F" "I" "F" "I".
The other spoke in reply, "My name is Gigi, "G" "I" "G" "I".

At this time walking out of the alley was a mongrel dog dragging a dead cat by its head........"My name is Fido, P H Y D E A U X."

Thank you.
Anyone's opinions and factual statements will be appreciated.
Having just been devastated in the City Judge affair, should I consider the Justice of the Peace?
Can anyone tell me EXACTLY how many voters are there in the city and in the county?
Did over 4,000 voters actually vote years ago in other elections?

Rob Shipley