Thank God for Election Day
founder
Posted by David Schott (+11223) 17 days ago
Thank God it's Election Day. Can we all agree on that?
permalink   ·  vote tally
+12
supporter
Posted by cubby (+2146) 17 days ago
The real question is, what's going to happen when he finds out he didn't win?
+5
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+7579) 17 days ago
All I can say is, nobody had better take a knee in the voting booth, because WHY DO YOU HATE THE TROOPS?
+1
Posted by C.J.Desjardin (+128) 17 days ago
He will be able to work full time on his new youtube series called "How to not pay taxes and piss off your neighbors"
+6
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+13360) 17 days ago
Those who don't get off their asses and go vote might be "Robbed". Do your patriotic duty.
+8
Posted by Rob Shipley (+395) 17 days ago
David Schott, cubby, Bridgier, Desjardin and Richard Bonine,
Your collective posts here today explain none of the five (5) of you wanted me to win this; and, surely none of you five (5) voted for me.
I can handle this. Even though you will all be, I believe, under the jurisdiction of the City Court, and, if I win, against your profound wishes, you each will be treated many times more fairly than either of my opponents who have never seen the ball since the kickoff.

Thank you, sincerely,

Rob Shipley
Posted by Rob Shipley (+395) 17 days ago
Anyone and Everyone reading and writing in Miles City.com,

If anyone wants to trash me for anything I have ever done, it would be far more mature to email me or just call me instead of waste so much overall good of this forum.

234-2477...................ship@midrivers.com

I am 21 and have hide like a walrus. None of you can scare me nor ever surprise me. I have already lived through two (2) very bad car wrecks and a kidnapping at gunpoint; so, how do any of you ever think you can hurt me ?

Rob Shipley
Miles City
+1
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+7579) 16 days ago
Nope, I'm one of those antinomians who answers only to the county.
+2
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+13360) 16 days ago
Reply to Rob Shipley (#373744)
Rob Shipley wrote:
David Schott, cubby, Bridgier, Desjardin and Richard Bonine,
Your collective posts here today explain none of the five (5) of you wanted me to win this; and, surely none of you five (5) voted for me.
I can handle this. Even though you will all be, I believe, under the jurisdiction of the City Court, and, if I win, against your profound wishes, you each will be treated many times more fairly than either of my opponents who have never seen the ball since the kickoff.

Thank you, sincerely,

Rob Shipley

1. I don't live in Miles City and really have no dog in the fight.

2. If I were to move back to I would live life in a manner from where I wouldn't need the "services" of City Court. This is because I'm still reeling from the scolding I received from the Honorable Don Schott as to what would my grandfather think of my tickets, (Lissa gave me four of them ) before he took my $25, which was a couple of weeks of beer money. I am thus reformed.

I wish you well.
+2
Posted by Rob Shipley (+395) 16 days ago
To Everyone Who Does Not Like Me..............
for any good reasons..............I sincerely apologize.

I thought I would become a far better City Judge than Miles City has had for twenty (20) years, and, instead, I came in a very, very, sorry third place with a mere 124 votes after seven (7) months of hard work.

I apologize.

Rob Shipley
+3
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+1486) 16 days ago
Rob. Your gifts apparently do not include politics. But you now know you have at least 124 friends in Miles City.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+11223) 16 days ago
Reply to Rob Shipley (#373748)
Elections shouldn't be popularity contests, Rob. Elections should be about picking the candidate who is most qualified for the position. People didn't vote for your opponents because they dislike you, they voted for your opponents because they felt they were more qualified for the position of municipal judge.

You weren't the only one who didn't win in this election. You made a valiant effort in your campaign and you have nothing to be ashamed of. Thank you for running for public office.
+6
Bob Netherton,
Just read your post. You are correct, I know nothing about local politics, i.e., I know the issues of course, but not how to campaign any better than I have. I always spoke and wrote the truth that neither of my opponents knew anything about constitutional law, federal law nor state law that all exceed above Miles City Regulations; and, neither know an eeensy teensy thing about Biblical Law as well.
I am ashamed I only won 6.8% of the votes in my own home town that I was taught to love by my parents who became wealthy here serving the entire town and county and all of Eastern Montana.
Six (6) years ago tonight, the night of the election in 2011, I went to the courthouse at 2030 and sat on a folding chair next to my close friend since age four (4), Butch Grenz, who was sweating the outcome for mayor against Joe Whalen. I assured him and reassured him he was going to win and win big. He did win by three hundred(300) or more votes and we were both joyous. The next day John Muggli tore down my pawnshop my dad had built for Elaine Shipley and me in 1980, the newest, best, sturdiest building along Valley Drive East.........and BNSF does not own the land, has never held the U.S. Congress rights to lease nor sell that land, and, I was destroyed for $108,720 worth of a forty (40) years gather of really, nice, really unique and pricey antiques and collectibles plus $324,880 being the cost to replace the two (2) buildings. Muggli never paid me a penny (1c) for all of my antiques, BNSF never paid me a penny (1c) for my two (2) buildings...........and so.........maybe I was never supposed to love Miles City after all, you think?
Now it is written that only seven percent (7%) of Miles City likes me and trusts me to be their City Judge, only seven percent (7%)? Wow.
Butch Grenz also commanded his vengeance against me in illegally prosecuting me for maintaining a *****Public****** Nuisance at my residence, where not one (1) single member of the ******PUBLIC****** has ever written out a Miles City Police Department complaint that is the very first step in all cases at law in the USA and always has been; and, then jailed me for ninety (90) days because I stood up against all the criminal snafu against myself, my civil and constitutional rights. So, since I had already been screwed for this in 2006 through 2010, what is known USA-wide as a violation of the constitutional right of protection against DOUBLE JEOPARDY from the government; I was retried, re-screwed, and jailed and lost over eighty-three thousand dollars of my private property from my very own home.
I had taken from my residence an eight (8) years project of a natural stone wall around my yard (15 tons of scoria and lava rock); four (4) Lincoln Town Cars crushed and the City has to this day, four (4) years later, never paid me one penny (1c) of the $100 each it received for crushing four(4) Lincoln Town Cars, and this goes on and on and on and on and everyone is happy with all of these crimes and fraudulent prosecutions against me, so, I better just remain retired, shut my mouth and move away from Miles City, right?
David Schott,
First and foremost, Sir, I thank you sincerely for your praising my efforts and my valiant try. Secondly, Ken Stein does not have any inkling close to the REALITY of my more than sixteen thousand (16,000) hours of online study of all seven (7) levels of law: Biblical Law from the Holy Bible; constitutional law from the U.S. Constitution; federal law from the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations);state law from MCA (Montana Code Annotated); common law from recorded law since the beginning of the United States; case law from the rules and decisions and orders from courts all across America; and, lastly, the puny and ever so sad Miles City Regulations.
I am a true expert, he is a neophyte. He is a chiropractor, I know nothing of that profession. I have two (2) passions in my life: guns and law. Having bought, sold, traded, pawned and inherited well over sixteen hundred (1,600) guns since 1976, I am as equally an expert in guns as I am in law.
The good people of Miles City were not tricked nor fooled; they just were not at all pleased with me owing the illegal prosecutions against me from the BNSF and mayors Whalen and Grenz.
You advise me not to be ashamed. I apologize, Mr. Schott, I am crushed with shame. All of my friends know this, all of the police know this, all of the Veterans Hospital staffs know this.In 2014, March 24th and May 25th, both times Grenz had me jailed and City Judge Homme dismissed my twenty-three (23) motions to uphold my constitutional rights.....I languished with shame and fear until my distraught mind forced upon me not one (1), but two (2) nervous breakdowns.
March 24, 2014, I was flown by the VA from Miles City to the Mental Health Ward #8 at the Sheridan, Wyoming, VAMC. I received their extra-professional very expensive care until April 7th. I returned home via a VA van and was under medications and continuing care of the VA, and, was jailed on May 22,2014, again, anyway, as a mental health patient,for the same ****crime*****,maintaining a "public" { not "private" nuisance, where there exists in law a very wide, wide legal difference between the two (2)} nuisance where not one Miles City person had ever complained except the mayor and the mayor's wife.....no one from the "public".....and so, on Sunday the 25th of May, my hero and savior, Sheriff Tony Harbaugh, had me transported to the Glendive Medical Center for the same mental illness and nervous breakdown treatments.
I never asked for any of this, I have been jerked around like a steer in a Montana or Wyoming team roping all the years since 2002 by the corrupt government of Miles City.
I just wanted to SERVE all of Miles City with my brain, my heart, my Shipley family legacy, and, always the truth.
A head on collision with a semi truck in May, 1967, and ninety-seven (97) days in the hospital, two (2) concussions, three (3) skull fractures, ninety-two (92) stitches in my face; a kidnapping at gunpoint, March 12, 1985; two (2) nervous breakdowns owing the false prosecutions from the city government.............
maybe I am truly nuts, maybe it is time I stop busting my ass to please Jim and Carol Lucas, Denny and Chris Young, Loyd and Ashlee Ketchum, Dennis Mullen, and the other one hundred (100) good people who know me and like me.........and just be ashamed all to my self.

Thank you again for your kind words,

Rob Shipley
Posted by nativemc (+289) 16 days ago
Rob, The election is over. Please stop trashing your opponents. You ran the race to the best of your ability and came up short. A valiant try. Graciously congratulate the winner and move on.
+3
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+9901) 16 days ago
I join in Dave in thanking you, Rob, for running for office. I believe you failed in your efforts not because people don't like you (although there may be some truth in that, give the state of your property), but probably didn't vote for you for the simple reason that, after studying the law for 16,000 hours, you don't believe the 16th amendment exists.
+1
Gunnar,
Sir, I know the 16th Amendment exists, what you do not know is that is was rushed through the U.S. Congress the 23rd of December, 1913, mailed out to the forty-eight (48) state legislatures ...................and .................through 2017.....not ALL of the thirty-six (36) (plurality) (75%) state legislature have ever ratified it. Only about 22 or 23, thereby it is TECHNICALLY unconstitutional.

Sincerely,

Rob Shipley
Posted by TheDude (+34) 16 days ago
According to Wikipedia,42 of the 48 states ratified the amendment.
Posted by nativemc (+289) 16 days ago
According to the United States Government Publishing Office, the following states ratified the amendment:[32]
1.Alabama (August 10, 1909)
2.Kentucky (February 8, 1910)
3.South Carolina (February 19, 1910)
4.Illinois (March 1, 1910)
5.Mississippi (March 7, 1910)
6.Oklahoma (March 10, 1910)
7.Maryland (April 8, 1910)
8.Georgia (August 3, 1910)
9.Texas (August 16, 1910)
10.Ohio (January 19, 1911)
11.Idaho (January 20, 1911)
12.Oregon (January 23, 1911)
13.Washington (January 26, 1911)
14.Montana (January 27, 1911)
15.Indiana (January 30, 1911)
16.California (January 31, 1911)
17.Nevada (January 31, 1911)
18.South Dakota (February 1, 1911)
19.Nebraska (February 9, 1911)
20.North Carolina (February 11, 1911)
21.Colorado (February 15, 1911)
22.North Dakota (February 17, 1911)
23.Michigan (February 23, 1911)
24.Iowa (February 24, 1911)
25.Kansas (March 2, 1911)
26.Missouri (March 16, 1911)
27.Maine (March 31, 1911)
28.Tennessee (April 7, 1911)
29.Arkansas (April 22, 1911), after having previously rejected the amendment
30.Wisconsin (May 16, 1911)
31.New York (July 12, 1911)
32.Arizona (April 3, 1912)
33.Minnesota (June 11, 1912)
34.Louisiana (June 28, 1912)
35.West Virginia (January 31, 1913)
36.Delaware (February 3, 1913)

Ratification (by the requisite 36 states) was completed on February 3, 1913 with the ratification by Delaware. The amendment was subsequently ratified by the following states, bringing the total number of ratifying states to forty-two[33] of the forty-eight then existing:

37.New Mexico (February 3, 1913)
38.Wyoming (February 3, 1913)
39.New Jersey (February 4, 1913)
40.Vermont (February 19, 1913)
41.Massachusetts (March 4, 1913)
42.New Hampshire (March 7, 1913), after rejecting the amendment on March 2, 1911

The legislatures of the following states rejected the amendment without ever subsequently ratifying it:
Connecticut
Rhode Island
Utah
Virginia[34]

The legislatures of the following states never considered the proposed amendment:
Florida
Pennsylvania
nativemc,
I went to Dr. Stein's office this morning and we shook hands and I congratulated him and we visited about ten (10) minutes. I asked him to accept my apology for anything I did write or say about his not being as well qualified as I thought I was, and, I explained that, like him, I wanted to be elected to SERVE the people of Miles City in similar ways as does he, and, then I specified,
"Ken, due to your very strong stand as a Christian and the way you walk the walk, I do not hope, I know you will become a wonderful City Judge."

And he thanked me.

Ship
+4