SZ, are you ever going to admit the truth ?
Posted by Rob Shipley (+393) 20 days ago
Did you or did you not shoot Barney Hofer's dog with a shotgun?
I am asking you to for once, be honest, get far away from all that drug task force crap you were entrenched in, where you were known to lie your a off all the time, and, tell the truth.

Did you or did you not?

Rob Shipley
603 South 4th Street
Miles City
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+9863) 20 days ago
Shooting an innocent dog is a serious charge. I too would like to hear Mr. Zeitner's side of the story.
Posted by Phil Shifley (+103) 20 days ago
The key word is "innocent dog" you might want to read MCA 81-7-401 (that's Montana Code Annotated for you legal types). If this so called event ever actually happened, but since a friend of a second cousins neighbor said so then I guess it's true and you should launch an investigation into it. Come on people and Rob, really.... how many of the other candidates are trash talking you? None, do yourself a favor and stop, you're making yourself look very bad. The more you rant the worse it gets.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+3
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+1481) 20 days ago
Jesus Christ, Gunnar.
+3
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+1481) 20 days ago
Ship. People in houses that look like Hurricane Maria passed by glass houses should not cast stones.
+2
Posted by Rob Shipley (+393) 19 days ago
To Mr. Shifley and Mr. Netherton,
I read and reread your replies here. Since you think my actions were over the top, I am always man enough to apologize to each of you here or in person.
The dog issue between Barney Hofer and Scott Zeitner bothers me, to write the least.
1. My dad was a gun dealer and a gun collector IN MILES CITY ( 222 rifles, pistols and shotguns ) all of his life. He started collecting guns when he was a deputy sheriff in Terry in 1933.And I, naturally, became a gun dealer through my pawnshop. When people *abuse* the use of guns like the HUGE issues with our Second Amendment and all of that vomit in Congress, no one wins. I think Zeitner abused the right to own guns when he acted so despicably and shot Hofer's innocent dog.
2. I have been big with pets all my life. Have owned and loved and enjoyed good saddle horses, several black Labradors, cats and cats and more cats ( have nine ( 9 ) at this writing) {{{ one (1) lab was poisoned IN MILES CITY }}} ; six (6) or eight (8) ferrets; two (2) bobcat kittens, etcetera. This Zeitner deal just stresses me out.

Note about my trustworthiness: When Elaine Shipley and I owned and operated Custer Pawn and Consignment from 1976 through 1984, we bought, sold, traded and pawned over 1,400 rifles, pistols and shotguns and NEVER, NOT ONCE, had any troubles with the police or the BATF, NOT ONE TIME.

None of you remember I am sure, about twenty (20) years ago there was a bucking horse in the corrals at the Fairgrounds that had a broken leg after the Sunday last go of the Bucking Horse Sale. Monday morning a young guy drove over there to shoot the sad horse for the rendering plant. And the result? Casper Schaefer's $4,000 bulldogging horse was killed instead !!!! Duh???? The young guy shot a SOUND horse with no scratches or bleeding wounds and did not ever examine either of the two (2) horses to deduce the one with a broken front leg. Duh??? This was one of those bad deals that was as bad as it ever can be.

Call me a sissy, call me a bastard, call me anything you want; guns are and always have been a NATIONAL PRIORITY demanding total respect and longstanding safety forever. And, animals, are gifts from Holy Father GOD.

FYI. Darrow and I went through a short sort of hell about eighteen (18) months ago. We lost four (4) baby kittens to KDS, kitten death syndrome. I never knew what this was until a veterinarian advised us. GOOGLE it. Sometimes, about 15% of the time, some female cats give birth to their kittens prematurely.
When this happens the little kittens are born with their lungs, hearts, digestive systems, or even their brains not well enough developed and in three (3) to five (5) weeks they just lie down and meow because they cannot understand what is happening to them and they die.

Blackie Schneider's dog bit me through the hand and forearm thirty plus (30+) years ago when I tried to drag it off of our registered German Shepherd that was in heat.......on my land....at my home......and I was in the Holy Rosary hospital for five (5) days and $1,700. Elaine and I would have never deduced to shoot Mr. Schneider's dog.

Thank you.

Rob Shipley
I believe this is truly important. Perhaps some of you, or many of you do not. A couple of days ago Zeitner blabbed in this forum he had "foreign teaching connections" and did "contract work" with several spy versus spy enterprises.
I called all of this bullpoop. I did call several 888 and 800 numbers from these companies' websites; nada, nothing. I also sent a couple of emails; nada, nothing. Whenever I am proven wrong I will decently apologize to whomever proves me wrong. But not ever to Zeitner because I have three (3) other friends I have known for years and years and years, who have alerted me when Zeitner was employed in the drug task force or whatever, there were some "lost" drugs and some "lost" cash.
Duncan Stanley has been my very closest of friends since before his dad, Doug, was stricken with multiple schlerosis (sp) and was in the old Custer County Rest Home for three (3) years before passing. Doug Stanley and I rough necked on the same crew with Exeter Drilling Company out of Denver in 1968 through 1970. We lived together in Ekalaka and the Powder River Inn in Broadus and my dad and Doug's dad, Mark Stanley, had been friends for many years before.

If Duncan is fibbing to me, I will bear the brunt of any and all criticism from each of you in milescity.com. However, my heart and my brain tell me convincingly, Duncan is correct.
My trust is at ease knowing none of Miles City good people will ever elect Scott Zeitner to any post higher than dogcatcher anyway.

So, once more, thank you all for your attention.

"Ship"
This is not any invitation to a lawsuit. However, if Scott Zeitner deduces I have told bald faced lies about him and his character, he can do whatever he must. He brags he is such a well experienced "criminal justice" freak, so, let him sue me in City Court. See? This many of you do not know.
1. Anyone can sue anyone in City Court. This filing costs not a penny (1c).
2. The City Court must then deduce whether it has jurisdiction. If jurisdiction is sound, then the City Court may proceed as necessary.
3. But, whenever proper lawful jurisdiction is not available in the City Court, the court must transfer the complaint to the district court, and then, the district court rules apply, i.e., the one hundred twenty dollars ($120.00)filing fee is required.
4. Or, anyone can start with the higher court level as their first option and proceed from there.

Either way, I have not lied about Zeitner's despicable shotgun abuse, and, I have Mr. Barney Hofer and Mr. Duncan Stanley to provide me 100% backup on each issue. I have not lied about the suspicions of his actions when employed with the drug task force. So, nothing can or will ever happen.

Plus, I doubt Zeitner ever has one hundred twenty bucks anyway.

Rob Shipley
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+7570) 19 days ago
Duncan Stanley - You mean Simon?
+1
Posted by Wayne White (+206) 19 days ago
Dog catcher, is that an elected position? That could just be the ticket for some one with extensive background in law and order.
Bridgier,

No, Sir, I mean Duncan Stanley, Doug Stanley's younger brother. Simon is Doug and Cecilia's son.

Thank you.

"Ship"
Gunnar,
You and I are never going to read a word about Hofer's innocent dog from Zeitner. His father to the very best of my knowledge was a very best Highway Patrolman; but, youngster Zeitner leaves a great deal to be desired.

All that BS about the international spy versus spy crap he tells in which he is so deeply entrenched is all BS. Like most pathological liars, they believe if they tell their lies long enough and to a great number of people, the people will also start believing them.

As best pal Pooh would say, "Oh, bother."

Ship
Phil Shifley, Sir, I believe you are sadly mistaken about MCA #81-7-401. Barney Hofer is quite an honorable man as far as I can tell. If his dog fifteen (15) years ago had hassled any livestock of Zeitner's (of course he has never had any), Hofer would have been honorable to the point to also advise me of that circumstance as it were.

Since he did not, my blame lies solely upon Zeitner's sad and goofy experience with the prosecutions of as many persons as he could behind the skirts of whatever drug task force for which he worked.

Perhaps he has been too long in the mushrooms, you think?

Most of the trouble I have ever been in came about by my insisting on the truth. I have been downtrodden a lot. And, some very sincere people have educated me that some of it, not all of it, I brought upon myself. But right or wrong, sad or righteous, I always tell the truth and always insist that everyone else does likewise.

Rob Shipley
Posted by DJ4 (+166) 19 days ago
I have just read enough of this crap. Mr. Shipley, I know you are trying to run a campaign and run Scott down, get it. You are in a race. But, to me doing so, is not a trait of a fair judge. Back to your story. I do believe the dog name was King. He ran from the city limits, to Kinsey trying to breed any female that was in heat. He eventually, got hit by a vehicle at the end of Valley drive East.
Posted by Rob Shipley (+393) 17 days ago
DJ4, Alright. If you, Sir, are correct about Barney Hofer's dog, that he was on the run and chasing females in heat, we can all understand this. Once or twice many years ago at our ranch on Tongue River we had issues with neighboring studs chasing our brood mares. Four (4) wire barbed wire fences would not stop them at times. Understood. But if Barney Hofer has not told me his dog was killed later on, and, will not admit to what you write here, then, the ugliness of Zeitner's
action still thrives to a conclusion does it not?
Obviously, Sir, a judge is engaged in "The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you GOD", right? If you wish to still have an issue with me over my inquiry about Zeitner's pathetic anger etcetera, call me, 234-2477, email me...........ship@midrivers.com. We can agree to meet anywhere you please and have coffee or a beer or a sandwich and visit about this.

GOD and all of Miles City know I have made mistakes, many of them from time to time, OK ?

Zeitner's boast that he is connected with EIO and Centcom and some other intelligence gathering outfits, and, the State Department, eeeegads, give us all a break. He never was worth a damn when he was employed in the drug task force work before {{ from more than a dozen good honest sources }}, and, he cannot prove to me......I am a small item........but he cannot prove any of this lie to the good people of Miles City who do not ever deserve this type of crap.

I may have failed here, do not know. Also do not even know if Zeitner is even employed in Miles City ? And, I surely never could care less.
If he can win this election by not ever making a general mailing, by never knocking on a single door, by never buying any campaign ads.......by not ever doing anything........more power to him.

My 135 hours of walking all over town and knocking on more than 2,600 doors and visiting with more than 1,500 good people will just prove to everyone who dislikes me and my family...........I am a loser.

*****FACT***** I am not in this for the BIG MONEY. The $22,000 annual salary of the City Judge of Miles City pales significantly lower than most city judge positions nearby. City judges in Billings I believe are paid nearly twice as much. I am in this because..........my parents, Ship and Mary, served, gave to Miles City, for many, many years owing they loved Miles City people and Miles City people provided them to become wealthy. Mary taught in both high schools, SHHS and CCHS, Ship served as a commissioner of the Montana Fish and Game Department, and, taught fifty (50) people to fly, and, bought and owned several chunks of Main Street and paid over $2,000,000 in property taxes and corporate income taxes. They did their *SERVING TIME*...their *SERVICE*....now I want to SERVE every single person in Miles City with the very best opportunity for all to obtain justice in the City Court that has been run like a dry land farm for over forty (40) years. OK?

Is this fair enough, Sir ?

"Ship"
DJ4,
Your post stated, "...not a trait of a fair judge." No problem, this is the USA and not Nazi Germany, you have the constitutional right to express your opinions vocally or in print. Far out that you have.
Question. Would you prefer a judge who accepted the ONE SIDE OF THE STORY from the police and city prosecutor.........or, would you prefer a judge....."YOUR Judge", the People's judge.........who would never settle for innuendo, falsity,
bias and prejudice? The one judge who will always make EVERYONE ALWAYS TELL ALL OF THE TRUTH........ALL OF THE TRUTH.............ALL OF THE TIME?

Your decent reply, Sir, will be appreciated.

Thank you. "Ship"
DJ4,
When seven hundred fifty (750) of Miles City's good people do not vote for me, I will lose, yes?
I believe the total number of votes that will be cast will not exceed fifteen hundred (1,500). If eighteen hundred (1,800) votes are cast, I will surely need nine hundred (900), right?
If I do receive the 750, or the 900, that will truly designate neither of the other two (2) will have gained 750 or 900 also, right?

If fully two-thirds (2/3) of the fifteen hundred (1,500) people I have visited with at their front doors, do not like me nor my mission, and therefore fully one thousand of them do NOT vote for me, I am in really, really serious trouble, right? Obviously then when either of the other two (2) gain 500 votes......I am a loser, yes ?

But how are five hundred (500) people going to vote for two(2) candidates who have absolutely no knowledge of law, other than the CHEAP SHOT vengeance of prosecute, prosecute, prosecute; and, neither of them ever did anything?

I sincerely here, ask for your vote, Sir.

Thank you. "Ship"
Posted by DJ4 (+166) 17 days ago
This will be the last comment on this from me. You talk about being a fair judge, right? But, you mention that all Hofer has to do is rebuttal, my facts, and you are on his side. You have proven, that you hear what you want, to fit your needs and help your cause. Anyone would have my vote, if they could, tell me how THEY are going to improve this world, instead of running their fellow man/women down, to get ahead. Whatever happened to lending a hand to your fellow man/women. Oh by the way King was a yellow lab.
+3