Congratulations to the Cowboys football team!
founder
Posted by David Schott (+11223) one month ago
The Cowboys handed the Sidney Eagles their first loss of the season tonight with a decisive 28-0 victory at Connors Stadium. Well done!

permalink   ·  vote tally
+7
supporter
Posted by Shu Pius (+1248) one month ago
Cowboys had a rough start to the season with back-to-back losses to Billings Central and Laurel, but have improved game-by-game since then. I checked the Gazette website but haven't gotten much info on whether they have a shot at the playoffs now that they've beaten Sidney. Does the Eastern A get to send 4 teams? Regardless, they should be proud! They could have "packed it in" after the Laurel loss, but they didn't quit and they put together a great season. Well done, boys!
+6
supporter
Posted by kent koester (+273) one month ago
It was a great defensive battle for the Cowboys, last night. The Cowboys will play Havre at home on Friday night for parents night. Then on the following Saturday they will host a play off game. If they win they will be on the road the following week. With any luck at all the Cowboys could have been undefeated going into last night game. They have improved each and every week and I wish them well throughout. Follow all the CCDHS action on KATL 770
+5
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+1486) one month ago
I actually made it to the game (not til 2nd half tho). Was in MC visiting my mother. The pokes had a couple of impressive goal line stands.The defense looks tough and the offense made some pretty nifty plays - both running and passing. Gundlach looked good at QB.
+1
founder
Posted by David Schott (+11223) one month ago
Reply to Bob Netherton III (#373394)
The Cowboys walloped the Havre Blue Ponies tonight, 57 - 13, at Connors Stadium in Miles City. Congratulations to the Cowboys!

The Cowboys host a playoff game next Saturday, 10/28/2017, at Connors Stadium in Miles City. If it's known who they play, I didn't catch it.
+3
Thanks David!
Posted by Rob Shipley (+395) one month ago
"Che cha ha ha ha, strike, strike, strike." Way to go Cowboys. I went to the Havre game last Friday night with Jim Cook and reminisced 53 years ago (1964) when I was a starting halfback with Jim Ross. Ted Schreiber was our quarterback, Jim Bowman one (1)of two (2) fullbacks with Ted Schlepp. 1964 was the only year since 1921 the Cowboys were shutout 0 and 9. We lost to Wolf Point when the Wolves had Tony Welzenback, 40 to 20; we lost to Glasgow when the Scotties had Roy Robinson, 27 to 20, and, here at home for Parents' Night we lost to the Havre Blue Ponies 7 to 6. All of Miles City and Custer County will forever be proud of the Cowboys.
+1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+9901) one month ago
Looks like the Cowboys will be playing the Fergus Golden Eagles. If they prevail, then a long drive to face a very good Columbia Falls team.

+2
I see we're in Dillon's bracket. The pokes will have to play them sooner or later. Might as well kick them out of the playoffs early.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+11223) 27 days ago
Cowboys defeated the Fergus County (Lewistown) Eagles 42 - 26 today at Connors Stadium in Miles City. Way to go, Cowboys!

It seems the Cowboys have to play Columbia Falls in C.F. next weekend.

Dillon beat Butte Central 53 - 13. Dillon plays Sidney next weekend.
+1
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+1486) 27 days ago
I will be there!
+1
founder
Posted by David Schott (+11223) 20 days ago
Columbia Falls Wildcats 28, Custer County Cowboys 0 at the half. Tough game for the Cowboys.
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+1486) 20 days ago
I didn't make it to the game after all. Final C.Falls 48, MC 8. I guess it was just as well.

Looking for great things from the Pokes next year!
+3
founder
Posted by David Schott (+11223) 12 days ago
Columbia Falls beat Sidney today 17 - 0.

Hamilton beat Billings Central 35 - 28.

I guess that means it's Columbia Falls vs. Hamilton in the championship.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+9901) 12 days ago
I'd put my money on Columbia Falls.

Meanwhile, in Class C 8 man football, I see Forsyth defeated Ennis, while Circle lost to perennial powerhouse Drummond. Good luck to the Dogies next Saturday in the championship next Saturday. They will need it.
+1
supporter
Posted by Shu Pius (+1248) 12 days ago
It's so weird seeing 2 teams from the WEST playing for the state A championship....and also strange seeing Forsyth playing in Class C. Such is life, I guess.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+11223) 5 days ago
Columbia Falls 26, Hamilton 14
Drummond-Philips 44, Forsyth 30