Verizon Backs Down from Cancelling Plans
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+1361) 27 days ago
Just got this email from Senator Tester:

"Have you been told your Verizon cell phone plan will be cancelled? Well, I have great news for you.

About a week ago, a constituent from Hammond, Montana called my office to let me know that Verizon was cancelling his cell phone service.

Coming from rural Montana, I know what it’s like to find that spot on your porch, or in that one corner of your house, to get enough cell phone bars to get a call out. So this news troubled me.

Then I got another call from someone near Glasgow, and another from Forsyth, and another from Plentywood. Sure enough, Verizon made a bad decision to cancel plans all across eastern Montana.

So we lit ‘em up. We wrote the CEO and explained what life is like in frontier America. We told them that sometimes our cell phones are the only lifeline we have, and wireless communication is critical for Montana families, businesses, and emergency first responders.

Well, Verizon heard us. Loud and clear.

I spoke to a top Verizon official today and he responded that no one will be involuntarily kicked off their plans. They will instead have the option of choosing between alternative Verizon plans, or finding a different carrier. If you received a termination notice and would like to remain with Verizon, please contact Verizon before December 1 to select a new plan.

I am pleased with Verizon’s decision to uphold its commitment to our state. If any Verizon customers still have concerns, please contact my office. I will continue to defend Montanans from harmful actions that undermine our quality of life. signed: Jon Tester"

Thank you very much, Senator Tester! Great work!
permalink   ·  vote tally
+3
Posted by The man from snowy plains (-114) 24 days ago
Don't get to suckered into that a short delay will change anything nor did Tester do any more than contact one of his campaign contributors. Jon got $4000 from Verizon. Daines and Giafortie got ZERO. VERIZON only cares about their share holders and competition ..

WAKE UP! THIS IS AMERICA..CHEERS
Posted by TheDude (+19) 23 days ago
Uhm.....Is it totally inconceivable that a Democrat could actually do something right? What do campaign contributions have to do with doing right?
+1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+9688) 23 days ago
Yep, a four thousand dollar donation to a U.S. Senator who has more than a million bucks in his re-election coffers, will definitely influence him to side with the big wireless phone company over his constituents....

Biting my tongue to post anything derogatory about TMFSP....

Please, Oddjob, come back so we can debate with an intelligent conservative.
+1
Posted by The man from snowy plains (-114) 23 days ago
You missed the duel point. A short reprieve isn't diddly squat Gunner.Verizon is market driven, They could care less about Tester. Tester is just racking up headlines for a reelection.
As for Rob, and a few of you MC baby boomers trying too impress each other, your bored old farts.
Not much different than dotard President Trump. At least he knows how to get people talking. YOU NOT SO MUCH
But I have too admitt. It is fun too shake the tree and get the Monkeys in a tizzy.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+9688) 22 days ago
I rest my case.
+1
founder
Posted by David Schott (+10860) 22 days ago
Reply to Gunnar Emilsson (#373263)
Gunnar, I don't even bother reading his tripe anymore. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's just a troll.
Posted by TheDude (+19) 22 days ago
Tripe Troll............yepper..
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1364) 19 days ago
I spoke to a top Verizon official today and he responded that no one will be involuntarily kicked off their plans. They will instead have the option of choosing between alternative Verizon plans

Huh?

FH
Posted by Forsyth Mike (+360) 11 days ago
That probably should read, "alternative Verizon plans that are much more expensive than what they're paying now."

Many national companies that do business in Montana lose money here compared to other larger populated states. UPS loses money here, so does Fed Ex. (Reps from both companies told me that.)

Verizon was probably testing the waters with future thoughts of just "pulling out" of Montana, the way a lot of oil companies did. But it's easier for people to change gas stations than cellphone providers, they found out.