Hillary vs. Bernie
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+9565) 17 days ago
As a Hillary supporter (I voted for her in the primary and the general election), this excerpt from her forthcoming book pretty much sums up my opinion of Bernie Sanders and his supporters.

permalink   ·  vote tally
+4
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+8096) 16 days ago
I backed Bernie through to the general election (even coughed up a few bucks to his campaign – I suppose I felt the need to be the target of even more mass emailings). But, I did like the way Bernie stirred up the pot.

I backed Hillary after the primaries were over.

Now, I’d like to see both of them stand down a bit and see the Party start moving and looking forward.

I do see one good from it all. If Trump wants to construct his Wall and do it on the cheap he should build it using Hillary’s emails. No one seems able to get over those.
+4
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+7507) 16 days ago
Once, when I was but a callow youth, and Bernie but a lowly Representative from Vermont, I told a co-worker that, if I ever had the chance, I'd be happy to cast a vote for Bernie Sanders for President.

Even down the middle part of the campaign, I was glad to see him out there, talking about all the things I wanted him to talk about - cost of education, healthcare, etc, etc.

But then the Bernie Bros really got into full swing, and the fundemental unfitness of Mr. Sanders for the highest office began to manifest itself - the magic-pony plans, the inability to carry any state where the electorate wasn't whiter than Trumps.. underbelly and/or a caucus state, the endless conspiracy theories about WHY Bernie wasn't winning primaries, and finally, the absolute disregard on Mr. Sanders part of the actual effects of a revanchist Trump presidency well after it became apparent that he wouldn't win the nomination.

Procreate sanders.

Gillibrand 2020.
+4
Posted by Oddjob (+111) 14 days ago
Gunnar..

You didn't really give a s**t with your idle speculation that in my absence, I had possibly met with some misfortune, now did you? I hate to disappoint, knowing your position on old white guys, but I have been doing quite well, as of late. Way too busy to wade through the MCD whine-fest

I have really, really been trying to keep the schadenfreude to a minimum; but after seeing this…..

This drives me beyond the limits of all self-control. To see that all y’all are still sniveling in your craft beers over your unfortunate election events, pleases me to no end. The best part is… There’s more to come!

Gillibrand!!! HaHaHaHa!!!!!!

God! Please stop!!
You're killin’ me!!!!

(JHC, you didn't really buy her book, did you?)
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+1321) 13 days ago
Baloney Oddjob! You were hiding out because Trump has been such a miserable excuse for a president.
+1
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+9565) 12 days ago
Oddjob! Glad to see you are still alive and well, and as ornery as ever.

I miss you. The man from snowy plains is a poor replacement for you, IMO.
+2
Posted by The man from snowy plains (-118) 9 days ago
Gunner I hope you keep HRC new book pristine. Signed would be nice. Some day you could trade if for a few extra votes from our neighbors south of the boarder.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+9565) 9 days ago
I rest my case.
+2
Posted by Oddjob (+111) 8 days ago
Reply to Bob Netherton III (#373091)
HaHa!!

You're probably not too far off, Bob. Never a fan, but Trump was always good for the entertainment value in that every time he launched a Tweet, you could hear the liberal heads exploding, all across the Nation. Now that he's taking his meals with Schumer and Pelosi, the thrill is gone for all the Trumpsters. Not totally unexpected, but now the Administration has taken on that grey, cold pall of just another episode down the path to full-blown Communism. Something I would equate more to a preview of what I thought we had just avoided.. Another Clinton Administration.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+10680) 7 days ago
Oddjob, it's great to see you back. I don't typically agree with your political views but I have always enjoyed your historical perspective on Miles City. Cheers!

- Dave
+2