admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+8532) 2 months ago
Does anyone know the number of coal jobs that have been created in the state since Trump has taken office?

I don't know the answer, was just curious and don't know where to look for that data - so asking to see if anyone here knows.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
Posted by The man from snowy plains (-98) 2 months ago
Mr. Webmaster, your liberal base don't care about coal jobs. But maybe a better question would be how many terrorist attacks have been avoided, or how many marines and sailors are in harms way because of OBAMA MOVING RED LINE. JUST WONDERING..
+1
admin
founder
Reply to The man from snowy plains (#373124)
The man from snowy plains wrote:
Mr. Webmaster, your liberal base don't care about coal jobs. But maybe a better question would be how many terrorist attacks have been avoided, or how many marines and sailors are in harms way because of OBAMA MOVING RED LINE. JUST WONDERING..

I was just personally wondering how many new coal jobs have been created in Montana. That's all.

Obama and terrorist attacks and such were not part of my question - and aren't a local issue. Perhaps re-post your questions in a more appropriate thread if those issues are important to you.
+3
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+1481) 2 months ago
Snowy said "Mr. Webmaster, your liberal base don't care about coal jobs. But maybe a better question would be how many terrorist attacks have been avoided, or how many marines and sailors are in harms way because of OBAMA MOVING RED LINE. JUST WONDERING.."

Translation...Trump has not created any new coal jobs.
+4
Posted by The man from snowy plains (-98) 2 months ago
https://www.wyomingmining.org/trump-administration-offers-50-million-to-build-two-clean-coal-plants/
Do your own home work. Set your own bar. Is it rice or mouse poop. Energy jobs are back on the rise
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+8820) 2 months ago
Actually, there are more jobs in solar and wind energy than coal.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+11195) 2 months ago
Bureau of Labor and Statistics

State and Area Employment, Hours, and Earnings

Series Id: SMS30000001000000001
Seasonally Adjusted
State: Montana
Area: Statewide
Supersector: Mining and Logging
Industry: Mining and Logging
Data Type: All Employees, In Thousands

Data extracted on: September 16, 2017 (1:04:39 PM)
admin
founder
Reply to David Schott (#373136)
Only problem with that is the "... and Logging". You would think there would be some stats on mining separate from logging.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+11195) 2 months ago
Reply to MilesCity.com Webmaster (#373138)
I hear you. I didn't dig into the BLS site to see if the data could be better broken out. I think Montanans would be foolish to stake their future on coal, though.
Posted by DJ4 (+166) 2 months ago
Don't know about the new coal jobs created. My guess is probably, not a lot. But the coal production has gone up 2 million tons, ahead of where it was this time last year. It is still 6 million tons behind 2015, at the 6 month mark.