First National Bank Little League Team circa 1978
founder
Posted by David Schott (+11223) 2 months ago
I dug this out of the archive today. I believe this was in about 1978 and I have it in my head this team won the tournament championship.

If this is the season I think it was, I believe our first game in the tournament went into extra innings... big time... 11 or 12 innings. I don't think I had a hit all season, but at bat in the bottom of the 11th or 12th I hit a grounder to the 2nd baseman. I think it was Dean Meyer who was on 3rd who plowed his way into home to win the game. Quite possibly the only hit of my not-so-illustrious Little League career.

1978 Miles City Little League Team

My guesses at the names. Speak up if you know otherwise. I'm not sure about the guy in the front row, far right. Could be Roxanna Coon Brush's younger brother but I'm not sure.

Head Coach Ray Lundby

BACK L TO R:

Dean King, Mitch Brown?, Colin McDonald, Gary Breidenbach, Will Hampton, Dean Meyer, Quin Lundby

FRONT L TO R:

Jon Harris, Keith Durkin, Todd Field, Tony Beehler, David Schott, ?
permalink   ·  vote tally
+4
Posted by Its Me (+175) 2 months ago
I recognize the names, just not the faces. Some of them were my best friends through graduation. It has been a long time since then. It was a great time to be a kid.
founder
supporter
Posted by Earl Bennett (+363) 2 months ago
Well it's not Tom Coon, Roxanna said it might be Dan Askin ?, Coleens little brother
permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
founder
Posted by David Schott (+11223) 2 months ago
Reply to Earl Bennett (#373029)
Thanks, Earl. All of the kids I know in that photo were Class of '84 or '85. Tom was younger so I was skeptical it would be him.

Perhaps this is a Leskovec? Tom Leskovec, maybe?
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+7579) 2 months ago
Wow, you people are old