Hot Hot Hot!!!!!!
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+8718) 2 months ago
TEN DAYS of triple digits with nights "cooling" to the high sixties and low seventies. I hope my air conditioners last. Yikes. There was a time when me in short shorts and a tied shirt was kind of sexy but that ship sailed sometime in the 1980s but it is SO HOT I am wearing it inside where no one but the cats and my husband can be frightened by it.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+6
founder
Posted by David Schott (+10678) 2 months ago
Reply to Amorette Allison (#372538)
80F at 11:42pm. Doesn't seem like it's going to cool off much tonight.

I have to confess warm summer nights is one of the things I miss about Miles City.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+8095) 2 months ago
It hit 75F here yesterday. That's hot for this area.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+9558) 2 months ago
It's so hot in western Montana, the heat has caused the earth to expand and set off a 5.8 magnitude earthquake.
+2
Posted by TDF (+158) 2 months ago
I understand the earthquake was somewhere around Helena. My daughter and family felt it in Spokane.
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy (+1681) 2 months ago
We have hot water heating, so central air is out. We found an alternative called, "Mr. Slim". Our cat sits on the cat tree, in front of Mr. Slim willing it to come on!

p.s. what did we hate about winter again??
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+1306) 2 months ago
This post was removed 2 months ago.
It was removed for being off-topic.
Posted by The man from snowy plains (-118) 2 months ago
OMG MCD! Does everything have too be political agenda driven. Ever hear of EL NINA and EL NENO. My sewer line froze this winter but it was because it got -25 below zero and we didn't have snow cover at the time. Which simple logic is just what happens.
I remember 1988 was a hot one..oh yeah, and policy in Yellowstone was "LET IT BURN" OH HOW MUCH CARBON WAS THAT GRAND IDEA.
As for Short SHORTS and Bow Tied tops, That's living large. As for me, I'm headed for a nice camping trip to the Big HORNS. Yup and it's a nice Break from Social media as well. CHEERS TO ALL
+5
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+1306) 2 months ago
This post was removed 2 months ago.
It was removed for being off-topic.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+13212) 2 months ago
IDK... here in the southwest it's been 95+ for a month. It was 80 when I went to work at 6:30 this morning. I'd rather deal with heat than the cold you all had this past winter. I could go find the girls if that would help you cool off.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+9558) 2 months ago
I received a text from my brother today, reminding me that his float trip he scheduled and invited me on a couple of months ago was this weekend. He was wondering if I was coming. They are floating and camping 2 nights on the Yellowstone, from like Hathaway to Kinsey.

Hmmmm. Floating the Yellowstone in triple digit heat.

Hmmmm. I am 12 years older than my brother. And older does make you wiserr (unless you are a Republican).

I told him "F$$$ NO!" If I did go to Miles City this weekend, I would devote my time to staying inside cool, dark, air-conditioned establishments such as the Yellowstone Tavern.

Indeed, as the older I get, the best part of summer to me anymore is sauntering out of dark beer joint, squinting into the hot sun, with a buzz on, in the late afternoon. The hike or fishing in the morning is all good, but the afternoon....priceless.
+7
founder
supporter
Posted by Tom Masa (+1464) 2 months ago
Amen brother!!!
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+8718) 2 months ago
And we have at least another 10 days of triple digit heat and NO moisture. I'm dying.

ETA: Actually I'm playing video games where it is either pouring rain or snowing.

[Edited by Amorette Allison (7/8/2017 8:10:15 PM)]
+1