founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+7748) 26 days ago
This is going into the brew pot tomorrow.

Wheat ale - 8 gallons – partial

Grain bill
3lbs Bavarian Wheat DME
3lbs wheat DME
3lbs Sparkling Amber DME
1lb Honey Malt
1lb Roasted Red Wheat
0.5lb Crystal (60l)
0.5lb Special Roast
0.5lb Victory
4oz carapils
= = = = = = = = = =

Hop schedule
2oz Chinook - 90 minutes
2 oz Centennial - 60 minutes
1oz Cascade - 45 minutes
1oz Mt Hood - 30 minutes
1oz Cascade -15 minutes

Dry Hop – Mt Hood? Cascade?
= = = = = = = = = =

Wyeast - Northwest 1332
= = = = = = = = = =

Update: The Spring ale I brewed up a month ago is coming along nicely. I’m going to rack it off again today, I’ll likely bottle it next weekend.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+8845) 24 days ago
Sounds good, Hal.

How do you like that Northwest 1332 yeast? I have never used it.
founder
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Hal Neumann (+7748) 24 days ago
This is the first time I've use the Northwest yeast. It started working quickly. I pitched it around 11am yesterday and it was working when I checked at 9pm.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+8845) 17 days ago
Tomorrow I am driving over to Fairmont Hot Springs, to attend the Mine Design, Operations and Closure conference,

http://www.mtech.edu/mwtp/conference/

I have been attending this conference, off and on, for the last 20 years, as it is in my field of work. So, why the post here?

For the last 10 years or so, I have been bringing kegs of my homebrew for late night entertainment. This year, I am bringing 2 kegs: the bohemian pils and the NE IPA (see the previous March brewing thread for detail). Serving them up tomorrow night (or maybe Wednesday, depending on weather) outside under the Fairmont gazebo. Any mc.com lurkers who happen to be in the area are welcome to join me for a beer. Even you Gianforte supporters...you can tell me what a dick I am to my face, and I will just tell you to have another beer.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+3
supporter
Posted by spacekace (+872) 16 days ago
I see there is going to be a home brew competition at the Rock'n MC Brewfest in August!

https://mci2.com/forms

permalink   ·  vote tally
+2