Schott-Trzcinski news c. 1967
founder
supporter
Posted by Amorette Allison (+8539) 2 months ago
The Don Schott and Ed Trzcinski families had a big day on April 5. Mrs. Schott, the former Ruth Trzcinski, who was expecting her fourth child, went to the hospital early in the morning. Don and three children were having supper at the Trzcinski home when he received word his wife was in the delivery room. He hurried to the hospital and was waiting for word of the new arrival. Word came, but it was from the x-ray room. His mother-in-law had tripped on a scatter rug at her home and broken her hip. Ruth will be home soon with the new son, but Mrs. Trzcinski will be hospitalized for several weeks.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+6
founder
Posted by David Schott (+10301) 2 months ago
Reply to Amorette Allison (#371530)
It was also my Grandpa Ed's 85th birthday. I believe Grandma was hosting a family birthday party for Ed that evening when she broke her hip.

I recall hearing my dad say that he was in the "waiting room" waiting for news of my arrival when a nurse approached him and said something like, "Mr. Schott, we have your mother-in-law on 5th floor. Would you like to see her?" Dad said, "No, no, I'm here for my wife. She's having a baby." Nurse, "Yes, Mr. Schott, but we also have your mother-in-law on 5th floor."

My poor dad.
permalink   ·  vote tally
+4
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+9008) 2 months ago
It forebode the Summer of Love.

After April 5, 1967, Oddjob and Rob Shipley brought in pounds of Mexican ragweed, and the town has never been the same*.

+1