Letter to Ken Holmlund regarding Special Election
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+1294) 6 months ago
"Ken, a great way to save Custer County $17,000 would be for you to urge your colleagues in the Montana House to support HB 305 which would mandate the upcoming Special Election for the U.S. House seat be held entirely by mail. I'm informed that a mail election would save Montana $750,000.

You always talk about how fiscally conservative you are, and I know this for a fact having served on the ROCKS Board with you from 2009-2013. You are as tight as they come -- or you used to be.

So, how about it, Ken. Why don't you save your constituents in Custer County some big time money on the upcoming Special Election. I request that you please do not let this bill be tabled. I also urge you and your fiscally conservative colleagues to support and pass this fiscally conservative bill.

Best regards,
Mary Catherine Dunphy
Miles City, MT

P.S. Last month, I was up in Helena lobbying for a study bill dealing with improved Hazmat response and rail safety for Eastern Montana. The bill was tabled in committee because the $20,000 fiscal note attached to the bill was deemed too expensive by your fiscally conservative Republican colleagues. So, let's be consistent on the fiscally conservative response and messaging, Ken! Otherwise, people might get the impression that Republicans are hypocrites and I'm sure you wouldn't want that to happen! Good luck for the rest of the Session!"
permalink   ·  vote tally
+4
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+1294) 6 months ago
In case you would like to contact Ken Holmlund on this issue, here is his contact information.

Rep. Kenneth Holmlund – House District 38

Phone: (406)444-4800
Email: Rep.Ken.Holmlund@mt.gov
Online message link: http://leg.mt.gov/css/Ses...essage.asp
Helena Address: MT House of Representatives//PO Box 200400//Helena, MT//59620 Residential Address: 1612 Tompy//Miles City, MT//59301
Residential Phone: (406)234-2956//Mobile: (406)951-6764
permalink   ·  vote tally
+1