Posted by Bob Netherton III (+1388) 7 months ago
The State Legislature is considering ending Daylight Savings Time for Montana. I have mixed feelings about it. I have a hard time adjusting in the morning but love the extra hour of daylight in the evening. I am leaning in the direction of keeping things as they are. What do the rest of you think?
permalink   ·  vote tally
+3
Posted by Bob Netherton III (+1388) 7 months ago
My alternative plan would be to "Spring Forward" 1/2 hour nationally and then leave the damn clock alone. The rest of the world would see the brilliance of this plan and quickly follow suit, eliminating any confusion.
+1
founder
Posted by David Schott (+10892) 7 months ago
I like Daylight Saving Time. Keep it. Not keeping it when (most of) the rest of the U.S. still uses it just causes confusion.

Here in Seattle, even with DST, it's light at like 4am in the summer time. The damn birds are carrying on like crazy. Having that at 3am would be unbearable!
+2
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+9703) 7 months ago
If I were to go for any change, it would be to keep Daylight Savings Time year round. I wouldn't mind going to work in the dark in the winter, if that means I come home with a little light in the sky.

It makes sense for states like Hawaii to do away with it, but Montana is a big state. We are our own time zone, with Idaho/Washington in Pacific time, and northern North Dakota in Central. If we do away with Daylight Savings Time, that would mean a two hour change in time when driving Highway 2 across the Montana - North Dakota border. As the Motor Carriers Association noted in its opposition, that just reeks havoc on the truck drivers. I say no change at all.
+1