List (So Far) of Americans Trump has Insulted
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+810) 9 months ago
Today I was thinking of all the Americans, and other people, (except Vladimir Putin), Donald Trump has insulted in his campaign for the presidency. And, I realized I couldn't remember them all. Then I discovered that some diligent journalists at the New York Times have been compiling and updating a Trump Insult List which saved me a lot of time.

It's called, "The 250 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List" compiled by Jasmine C. Lee and Kevin Quealy Updated July 29, 2016

So, even though the Trump Insult List was last updated on July 28, 2016, and is already out of date on August 4, 2016, and is missing Trump's most recent insults, here is it is for your reading -- I can't say pleasure -- edification.

http://www.nytimes.com/in....html?_r=0

I'm really disappointed that I'm not on the Trump Insult List -- in the same way I was really disappointed that I wasn't on Nixon's Enemies List. Please stay tuned! It's only August and Donald Trump is still Tweeting. Maybe by November, I'll make the list. Please, please, please ad my name, Donald! It would be an honor.
+3
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+810) 9 months ago
WOW! I should have guessed it! Now Trump -- in full meltdown mode -- is calling the New York Times dishonest and threatening to take away their press credentials.

http://www.dailykos.com/s...out-at-cnn

The Republican Party must be very proud of their candidate! The rest of us are horrified. Please move to Russia, Donald! Or, North Korea!

Wake Up, America!
+3
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+8649) 9 months ago
I glanced at the list, and did not see anything exceptionally egregious. I concur with his assessment of his Republican rivals.

Crooked Hillary? The verdict is still out.
+3
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+810) 3 months ago
It's time to update the Trump Insult List. So, here is "The 305 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List" compiled by Jasmine C. Lee and Kevin Quealy; updated January 20, 2017. So far I'm not on it. Oh well! Maybe next time!

https://www.nytimes.com/i....html?_r=0
permalink   ·  vote tally
+1
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+810) 25 days ago
It's April and it's time to update the "Trump Insult List."

Now the list has grown to 325. So, here is "The 325 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List" compiled by Jasmine C. Lee and Kevin Quealy; updated March 28, 2017. So far I'm not on the insult list. Oh well! Maybe next time! I'm keeping the hope alive!

Chuck Todd isn't on the insult list this time either, although Trump did insult him this weekend by calling him "sleepy eyed Chuck Todd." I'm thinking that wasn't a term of endearment. The most recent insult list update happened just before Trump insulted Todd. I know. I know. Journalists have a hard time keeping up with all the insults and have to draw the updating line somewhere. However, I'm thinking Chuck Todd will be happy to see his name on the next time.

https://www.nytimes.com/i...sults.html
+1
founder
Posted by David Schott (+9904) 25 days ago
Reply to Mary Catherine Dunphy (#371483)
Keep up the good work, Mary Catherine.
+2
Posted by The man from snowy plains (-20) 25 days ago
You might want to get on a medication list for OCD
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+810) 24 days ago
So, it's Tuesday, April 4, 2017, and I read that the man from snowy plains thinks I should get on a medication for OCD. That's really interesting. Thanks for sharing. More importantly, what I'm wondering is what medication the man from snowy plains thinks Donald Trump, Jr. should get on.

I like to report news stories about Trump and the Republican administration that don't make it into the local newspaper. Remember there are quite a few of us who care about this country and are very concerned about the policies being pursued by the Trump administration and the damage they will cause. I would be most honored to be considered a Trump Administration dissident and part of the non-violent resistance movement. Remember, so far in this country we have the right to remain silent, but right now I don't recommend it.

I'm an old Vietnam War protester. And, as it turned out, that war wasn't very good for our country either! Peace to the man from snowy plains! Have a great day!
Posted by Mary Catherine Dunphy (+810) 24 days ago
I happened to read that today (04-04-17) is the 50th Anniversary of the speech Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. gave exactly one year to the day before his assassination on April 4, 1968. The speech is entitled, "Beyond Vietnam, Address delivered to the Clergy and Laymen Concerned about Vietnam," at Riverside Church, New York City, April 4, 1967.

It is a great speech. I highly recommend that you read it.

A few of my favorite lines are:

We are now faced with the fact, my friends, that tomorrow is today. We are confronted with the fierce urgency of now. In this unfolding conundrum of life and history, there is such a thing as being too late. Procrastination is still the thief of time. Life often leaves us standing bare, naked, and dejected with a lost opportunity. The tide in the affairs of men does not remain at flood—it ebbs. We may cry out desperately for time to pause in her passage, but time is adamant to every plea and rushes on. Over the bleached bones and jumbled residues of numerous civilizations are written the pathetic words, "Too late." There is an invisible book of life that faithfully records our vigilance or our neglect. Omar Khayyam is right: "The moving finger writes, and having writ moves on."

Dr. King also quotes President John Kennedy at one point on this speech:

"It is with such activity in mind that the words of the late John F. Kennedy come back to haunt us. Five years ago he said, 'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.' [applause] Increasingly, by choice or by accident, this is the role our nation has taken, the role of those who make peaceful revolution impossible by refusing to give up the privileges and the pleasures that come from the immense profits of overseas investments. I am convinced that if we are to get on the right side of the world revolution, we as a nation must undergo a radical revolution of values. We must rapidly begin [applause], we must rapidly begin the shift from a thing-oriented society to a person-oriented society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights, are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism,
extreme materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered."

"A true revolution of values will soon cause us to question the fairness and justice of many of our past and present policies. On the one hand we are called to play the Good Samaritan on life’s roadside, but that will be only an initial act. One day we must come to see that the whole Jericho Road must be transformed so that men and women will not be constantly beaten and robbed as they make their journey on life’s highway. True compassion is more than flinging a coin to a beggar. It comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring. [applause]"

You can listen to Dr. King's speech at:

Read Dr. King's speech at:

http://kingencyclopedia.s...ietnam.pdf

Read more at:

https://www.democracynow....option_rev