Posted by lakennell (+15) 3 years ago
I'm moving to Miles City in May and I'm looking for a local quilt guild or other quilting groups that I can be part of. I discovered the local quilt shop is closing so not sure where else to find out about local quilting activities. Thanks for any information you can provide.
supporter
Posted by Becky Gergen (+339) 3 years ago
There are two quilting groups in Miles City. The Quilting Ladies meet every Thursday evening at Holy Rosary Healthcare, at 7 p.m., except not the second Thursday. There is no requirement to come to every meeting. Members come whenever they want. We have show and tell which is showing items that the members have completed, sometimes there are guest speakers who might demonstrate a new quilting technique or a fabric store owner who might come and set up displays. We have had guests who have come and showed us their hobbies which might not be quilting but are interesting and produce beautiful items. We make quilted items which we donate, for instance, this year we voted to make baby quilts for the babies born at the hospital during the month of March. If the group votes to do a special project, you don't have to participate if you don't want to. Our meetings are about 30 to 60 minutes long. If you have any questions, please call Becky Gergen, 406-951-1096.

The other quilting group in Miles City is Centennial Quilters. One of the members is Sheila Hall and her phone number is 234-1449. She would be able to give you information about the group.

I hope this information helps you.
Posted by lakennell (+15) 3 years ago
Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!!!!
supporter
Posted by Sunny (+372) 3 years ago
First Lutheran Church has a quilting group that meets on Friday mornings to assemble quilts that are subsequently given away; some locally, some to world relief organizations.
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+13743) 3 years ago
Don't forget about the Betsy Ross club that meets on S. Lake. I hear they are an old bunch of sew and sews.
Posted by ocne (+474) 3 years ago
Fabrications is closing?! I didn't know that... Bummer. Is something else going into the store?
supporter
Posted by Becky Gergen (+339) 3 years ago
Richard, that was a good one.