computer help please
Posted by jj&j (+55) 2 years ago
Kindle works fine. I pad works fine. Son's computer works fine. My laptop will hook to our wireless (brand new linksys) internet and then after a few minutes will get message 'not connected to a network' I loaded a program that sometimes will reconnect for me . It gives the message ' the default gateway is not available' but it fixes it. What does that mean and can I fix it permanently. As always any help is much appreciated.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+9897) 2 years ago
Details on the specific brand and model of laptop and what version of operating system you are using might help.

One wild guess is the power saving function of the laptop and the possibility that the network adapter is not recovering well after going into a power saving state.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+9897) 2 years ago
Here:

Thanks for the reply, I've sorted the problem now. I needed to uncheck the box in device management that allowed my computer to turn off the wireless network adapter. I'm still not sure why the problem only started to manifest itself when I started using a new network though.

www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21748-default-gateway-not-available
Posted by jj&j (+55) 2 years ago
Thank you so much. Will try to fix it. So great to have access to computer experts when I'm so useless. Thanks again.
banned
Posted by tberty (+3) one month ago
This post was removed one month ago.
It was removed because it was SPAM.