Moving Back to Montana
admin
founder
Posted by MilesCity.com Webmaster (+9271) 4 years ago
Well, after wandering around a bit, the time has come to return home. My significant other and I will be moving back to Montana, specifically to Billings, in the next couple of weeks.

What this means for MilesCity.com is I'll be a lot closer, and because of that, I'll be able to put a significant effort into taking this place to the next level. So there will be a lot of changes coming soon.

I'll try to keep this "classic" version of the site available into the future, if possible, however it will eventually be replaced (as the main site) with something somewhat different -- a new one based upon pretty much all of the latest technologies you see on other sites. I'm also trying to invent a few new things along the way (that I haven't quite figured out yet) -- so I'm not exactly sure how it will eventually look.

In any case, I may not be available for periods during the transition, however the moderators here will continue to run the site in my absence.

I'll leave the discussion of new features of the new site for a later time and hope you'll wish me luck in my move back home.

Regards, Larry
supporter
Posted by Gene (+214) 4 years ago
supporter
Posted by Richard Bonine, Jr. (+13769) 4 years ago
Very Cool!
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Frank Hardy (+1417) 4 years ago
Congratulations. I'm jealous.

FH
supporter
Posted by Wendy Wilson (+6163) 4 years ago
Good luck, Larry!
supporter
Posted by Kelly (+2562) 4 years ago
Gabe Kaplan comes to mind.
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Matt Smith (+795) 4 years ago
Good for you.

The new site will be a great opportunity.
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson (+12354) 4 years ago
Good luck.....but.....Billings???

That town is a cesspool. I have always hated the place. I call it "West Glendive."
Posted by celeste williams (+158) 4 years ago
Posted by Elizabeth Emilsson (+786) 4 years ago
Gunnar, you should know, that every place have their good side and a positive person will find it. I think the people in Billings are among the friendliest in Montana. Good Luck, Larry, The changes you propose sound exciting. Now if I could only remember how to put in an icon.
supporter
Posted by Bob L. (+5023) 4 years ago
Good Luck!
supporter
Posted by Jeri Dalbec (+2633) 4 years ago
Great news...Good luck, Larry.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+12942) 4 years ago
supporter

Map from today's Billings Gazette showing location of drunk calls police responded to in downtown Billings in 2013....for just four blocks! 698!

I rest my case.
Posted by Oddjob (+160) 4 years ago
Good luck, Mr. Webmaster. I hope it works out well for you. I think you will enjoy the change of scenery.

I lived in Billings for a number of years, back in the out of control days. As I remember through the haze, it had too many bars. Even my obnoxious a** couldn't get thrown out of all of them; not that I didn't put forth a valiant effort. It's not Missoula, but then again, nothing is.
supporter
Posted by Bridgier (+8169) 4 years ago
Billings has grown a LOT in the last 10-15 years or so - the west end has pretty much exploded, there's really no need to venture east of 24th unless you absolutely wanted to.
founder
Posted by David Schott (+12942) 4 years ago
It's hard to imagine all those calls for drunks around the mental health center, the 24-hour Denny's, and the 24-hour Holiday store.
supporter
there's really no need to venture east of 24th unless you absolutely wanted to.

Aren't most of the breweries located east of 24th?