MILES CITY BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL September 20th-22nd
supporter
sponsor
Posted by Jim Howe (+1536) 4 years ago
It's that time again! The grass is turning BLUE this weekend! This year we have established a new record! It is the 16th annual Music on Wings Bluegrass Festival, that makes us the longest running bluegrass festival in the state! Are we proud? You Bet!

It all started when Ron Mills had a dream 17 years ago of starting a bluegrass festival here in Miles City. So it happened! But not without the help of many.The strongest glue that holds it all totether is three ladies that don't even play! Gloria Tucker, Hazel, and Bev Schultz. They by far are the hardest workers for the cause. Others along the way, that helped in a big way, are Jerry Muggli, Bert Boughton, Jeff Lemay, Preston Willson, Mike Grenz, Joyce Shequinn, Bob Zadow just to name a few. Then of course we have had many loyal sponsors who have donated in a big way Some over a $1000.00 each year! They are listed in the Booklet we put out every year. We hold them in the highest esteem because without them we simply couldn't do this.

The festival grows every year and this is the best one yet! The Chapman's, High Plains Tradition, Dick kimmel $ Co., The Wood Picks, Bluegrass For breakfast, and our own hairy legged boys, Milestown are the lineup for this year.

The format will be much the same with Friday night OPEN MIC. Saturday will be 45 min. concerts all day long. Sunday will open with some of the very best Gospel music you'll ever hear. Then 45 min. concerts until around 4:00 pm, finishing up with the raffle drawings. This year we have A Fine Martin Guitar, a $2000.00 fiddle (violin)both donated by Hansen's Music fo Billings and we'll also have a heads-er-tails lottery for a beautiful Recording King guitar with case!FUN!

The First Baptist Church is becoming world famous for their pies, but they also have food that is just as good, so there's no need to miss a single minute of the shows.

We of the Miles City Bluegrass Committee invite you all to come and share the good times with us. Thanks for reading this.
supporter
Posted by joycegibson (+269) 4 years ago
I have never been to the festival, but I am planning on going this year. Can you tell me more specifically what times on Saturday....starts at noon, goes until 9 pm? thanks...Joyce
Posted by Steve Allison (+979) 4 years ago
Where at? Where will the concerts be taking place at?
supporter
sponsor
Sorry, there are posters all over town with the times and prices or you can check out our website at, milescitybluegrassfestival.com. I was really only trying to remind everyone that it was this weekend. Thanks so much for your interest. If you have further questions you can call me at 234-4980 and I'll answer any question that you have. So glad you're coming! Bring your freinds!
supporter
Posted by joycegibson (+269) 4 years ago
thank you ....the web site was great
Posted by Steve Allison (+979) 4 years ago
The concerts will be at the fairgrounds in the Home Show building.
Posted by Dark Beer (+221) 4 years ago
Sounds like a poa-etic good time!
founder
supporter
Posted by Tucker Bolton (+2820) 4 years ago
Thumbs up on the web site. Have fun.

Oh! will there be banjos this year?
supporter
sponsor
Tucker
Posted by Bob Zadow (+60) 4 years ago
Well deserved Kudos to Gloria, Hazel and Bev, the festival committee and Jim's sound production. The success and endurance of the festival speaks for itself. The vision of Ron Mills, Joyce Chichoine, along with Bert, Jerry, Mary, and Preston has been realized through a lot of hard work (year around), dedication and tenacity. Other Bluegrass Festivals in Montana have come and gone, but this one gets better every year!

Having had a part of the festival in the past, I still get calls and inquiries and give them my standard answer - "if you want top notch entertainment, go and you won't be disappointed". My best wishes for another successful festival this year.
Posted by bear89 (+23) 4 years ago
The front page of tonight's Miles City Star, lists the tentative schedule for the bluegrass festival this weekend. Or call Jim @ 234-4980 for further details.
supporter
sponsor
Thank You for all of your kind posts. I must say, this is the very best festival ever this year. Today will be mostly Gospel music, and the 1st. Baptist is selling "Holy Ghost" meals and and pies all day starting with deeeelicious biscuits and gravy this morning. Headed out right now, see ya there.

The drawings for the guitar and fiddle and bicycle will be at around 4:00 this afternoon, so be sure to get you chances purchased before then. Without some good response, we will fall short of our goal to break even this year. So we need your help on this one. Jim

[This message has been edited by Jim Howe (9/22/2013)]
supporter
sponsor
The festival was a great success, with record crouds. We already have at least five bands that would love to come back next year. Thank you Miles City for the huge support. And we had countless folks that traveled long distances to be here. They liked the festival, and they like the people here in Miles City. I am soooo proud of our city and our sponsors! Thank You ! !