SPONSORED 
You are here > Top: Forums: Local News, Politics & Issues: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?
Local News, Politics & Issues Forum Topic
You are viewing the MC soldier injured in Afghanistan? topic in the Local News, Politics & Issues forum.
 MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Donator Don Birkholz, 7/13/2012 8:01:13 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, amydwright, 7/13/2012 8:16:39 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Mrs. M, 7/13/2012 9:25:40 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?Donator Richard Bonine, Jr., 7/13/2012 9:46:33 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Mrs. M, 7/14/2012 9:38:36 AM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Connie Muggli, 7/14/2012 12:19:59 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Ashley Earley, 7/14/2012 12:39:13 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Ryan, 7/14/2012 1:19:14 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?Donator Barb Holcomb, 7/14/2012 3:21:22 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Kacey, 7/14/2012 4:24:48 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Mrs. M, 7/14/2012 4:34:53 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, boxdmc, 7/14/2012 10:10:31 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Mrs. M, 7/15/2012 4:29:17 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Merry DeAnda, 7/15/2012 4:49:48 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, neonfreedom, 7/15/2012 5:02:33 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, SZ, 7/15/2012 6:41:48 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, S, 7/16/2012 6:47:25 AM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, bsales, 7/16/2012 9:27:52 AM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?Donator Bridgier, 7/16/2012 10:05:47 AM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Ashley Earley, 7/16/2012 5:07:39 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Mrs. M, 7/16/2012 8:37:04 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, neonfreedom, 7/16/2012 8:42:08 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Mrs. M, 7/16/2012 8:52:54 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?Donator Richard Bonine, Jr., 7/16/2012 9:05:33 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?Donator Amorette Allison, 7/16/2012 9:17:18 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, neonfreedom, 7/16/2012 9:22:13 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, S, 7/16/2012 10:04:05 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?Donator Richard Bonine, Jr., 7/16/2012 10:11:55 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, stacy regan, 7/16/2012 10:35:32 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Mrs. M, 7/16/2012 10:44:28 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?Donator Barb Holcomb, 7/17/2012 3:40:04 AM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, boxdmc, 7/18/2012 11:03:02 AM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, neonfreedom, 7/18/2012 11:05:58 AM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Ashley Earley, 7/18/2012 1:03:11 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, neonfreedom, 7/18/2012 1:06:56 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Ashley Earley, 7/18/2012 1:27:38 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, neonfreedom, 7/18/2012 1:32:55 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Its Me, 7/18/2012 5:22:19 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, killah511, 7/22/2012 8:37:56 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Ashley Earley, 7/22/2012 8:42:13 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, killah511, 7/22/2012 8:49:44 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Mrs. M, 7/22/2012 9:07:15 PM
 RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?, Ashley Earley, 7/22/2012 9:28:15 PM
 Subject: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?
Author: Donator Don Birkholz  Posted: Fri Jul 13 8:01:13 PM MDT 2012 From: - WY
Anybody heard of a MC soldier injured in Afghanistan and flown to Germany?(in the last few days?)
 Subject: RE: MC soldier injured in Afghanistan?
Author: amydwright  Posted: Fri Jul 13 8:16:39 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
yes i have heard that but until the family says something i don't want to reveal any names..sorry
Author: Mrs. M  Posted: Fri Jul 13 9:25:40 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
He will reach Germany sometime tomorrow. Sunday,or next Tuesday,he will be flown to WalterReed.The commander of the hospital was kind enough to give me her cell phone number to pass on to the family. Ms. Holcomb is flying back to the states tomorrow and will be home in MC next week. Miles City people are so wonderful!Pray for healing and strength for his family. (She is doing what she can to expedite communications for the family. Right now they don't know much. )
Author: Donator Richard Bonine, Jr.  Posted: Fri Jul 13 9:46:33 PM MDT 2012 From: - WY
He couldn't be in better hands, right now. beer
Author: Mrs. M  Posted: Sat Jul 14 9:38:36 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Prayers for the family and warrior are needed urgently. They are leaving for Germany this morning as his injuries are very serious.
Author: Connie Muggli  Posted: Sat Jul 14 12:19:59 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Do we need to help with travel expenses for the family, or does the military cover that? What can we do? My prayers are with them...
Author: Ashley Earley  Posted: Sat Jul 14 12:39:13 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
This is my mother-in-law's (Chris' aunt) post on Facebook about an hour ago:

Just talked to Connie - they are arriving in Billings Airport and the Marine Corp is flying them to Germany and then meeting them and taking them to Eunich which is 4 or 5 hr drive. Chris is being moved to a civilian hospital in Eunich which has a unit that specializes in his injuries. He is on a ventilator as his lungs are failing - has a tracheostomy and exstensive damage to his neck - and right side of his body - eye, face, shoulder, arm - not sure what that means - until his parents get there. He is sedated and stable but in critical condition.

I will ask if they need help with expenses. Thank you all for the prayers!
Author: Ryan  Posted: Sat Jul 14 1:19:14 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Our prayers are with them!!!
Author: Donator Barb Holcomb  Posted: Sat Jul 14 3:21:22 PM MDT 2012 From:
The military will cover their expenses and he is going to an excellent German hospital in Regensburg which is near Munich that specializes in the care he needs. They will have a Marine with them every step of the way as soon as they land.
Author: Kacey  Posted: Sat Jul 14 4:24:48 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
This is heartbreaking. My prayers with his parents as this will be the longest flight of their lives. Prayers for him and all who care for him and try to help him.
Author: Mrs. M  Posted: Sat Jul 14 4:34:53 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Again, God bless you Barb and thank you for helping shepard them,informing,and encouraging them. They are blessed to have had you in the position you are in!
Author: boxdmc  Posted: Sat Jul 14 10:10:31 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
This is so heartbreaking. My heart goes out to this soldier and the family. Pray for miracles. They still happen every day and this family has the faith of Jesus Christ in their heart.
Author: Mrs. M  Posted: Sun Jul 15 4:29:17 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
First of all thank you so much for the overwhelming support and PRAYERS for Chris. I can't wait for him to see this. We are here in Germany now and wanted to update you on his condition. First of all we are encouraged by what we've seen and also from what the doctors are telling us. He is in critical condition and totally sedated and will be for awhile. The most serious issue is his lungs that were collapsed and damaged from the concusion of the blast and he is on a special machine to do the lung work while his heal. He has some swelling of the brain and and also has shrapnel still remaing that will be removed once healthier,one piece in particular that is lodged next to his spine and nerve but the docs seemed pretty positive about that. He took some to the right eye area but not sure about future damage, docs were pretty positive about that also. One piece missed his main artery in his neck by 5mm.
The care here is amazing! It's as if thousands have been praying for him? Thank you all so much!!! We are optimistic but it's still very serious and this warrior still needs all you prayer warriors to keep it up. We will try and keep you posted as often as we can. Thanks again, Keith, Connie and Kenny
Reposted from Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/413415292029716/
It is a support page for Chris, someone will have to fix this link for me.
Author: Merry DeAnda  Posted: Sun Jul 15 4:49:48 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Our prayers are with you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for the family. I know the military is pretty amazing when it comes to taking care of families and the military.

We are blessed to have COL Holcomb in charge at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center.

They do extraordinary work taking care of all the military.
Author: neonfreedom  Posted: Sun Jul 15 5:02:33 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
wish him and his family the best of luck and hope he makes a speedy recovery..will be praying for him and his family...
Author: SZ  Posted: Sun Jul 15 6:41:48 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
His Aunt Sheila will be getting an account set up locally on Monday so we can all lend a hand and pitch in.
Author: S  Posted: Mon Jul 16 6:47:25 AM MDT 2012 From:
I went to school with this kid and I am so heartbroken to hear about what happened. I am happy that things seem to be doing better and Chris is still in my prayers
Author: bsales  Posted: Mon Jul 16 9:27:52 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
i also went to school with Chris and when i first heard about the injured soldier i had no idea it was him! Hard to believe ... my prayers go out to him and his family! May your recovery go quickly chris! you are strong and WILL get through this!
Author: Donator Bridgier  Posted: Mon Jul 16 10:05:47 AM MDT 2012 From: - ID
never mind - followed the facebook link above and all questions were answered.

[This message has been edited by Bridgier (7/16/2012)]
Author: Ashley Earley  Posted: Mon Jul 16 5:07:39 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
If anybody would like to help the family out financially, we have set up a benefit account with Stockman Bank here in Miles City. The name of the account is the "Chris Bogner Family Benefit Fund" and the banks address is 700 Main St. P.O. Box 250 Miles City MT, 59301. I talked to Kenny this afternoon and he sends his thanks to all those who are praying and helping out. The Marine Corps is paying for their trip and for them to stay in Germany but that doesn't cover their expenses here at home and an undetermined amount of time away from work. Thanks everyone for your support.
Author: Mrs. M  Posted: Mon Jul 16 8:37:04 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Ashley, is anyone watering the lawn and flowers? I can ride over on my rider lawn mower if necessary and Kris and I will water if needed.
Author: neonfreedom  Posted: Mon Jul 16 8:42:08 PM MDT 2012 From:
I dont know alot about how the hospitals and what not work for the military...but why are they sending him to germany to recover/get the treatment he needs...is it a better place to get the treatment he needs?
Author: Mrs. M  Posted: Mon Jul 16 8:52:54 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
We have a wonderful hospital there. They stabilize them before attempting to transport them overseas to Walter Reed in Washington, D.C.
Author: Donator Richard Bonine, Jr.  Posted: Mon Jul 16 9:05:33 PM MDT 2012 From: - WY
I dont know alot about how the hospitals and what not work for the military...but why are they sending him to germany to recover/get the treatment he needs...is it a better place to get the treatment he needs?

He is getting the best care available anywhere in the world.
Author: Donator Amorette Allison  Posted: Mon Jul 16 9:17:18 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
That hospital in Germany is one of the best in the world AND it is designed to handle battle injuries. Some place like Mayo may be fab for general care but if you have been injured in war, you want that hospital in Germany.

I know the name of it, too, but I can't remember it! Argh! It's where the war injured have been going from the Middle East for years.

Maybe one of these days, we won't need it, but until then, it is the best.
Author: neonfreedom  Posted: Mon Jul 16 9:22:13 PM MDT 2012 From:
Well im glad hes with the best of best...cuase that's what he needs is nothing but the best..
Author: S  Posted: Mon Jul 16 10:04:05 PM MDT 2012 From:
Landstuhl regional medical center I think is what its called
Author: Donator Richard Bonine, Jr.  Posted: Mon Jul 16 10:11:55 PM MDT 2012 From: - WY
I think he is at University Hospital Regensburg, not Landstuhl.
Author: stacy regan  Posted: Mon Jul 16 10:35:32 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
My husband wanted to help Keith & Connie somehow so he mowed their lawn today. Not sure about the watering of yard or flowers, but more than willing to do that as well.

[This message has been edited by stacy regan (7/16/2012)]
Author: Mrs. M  Posted: Mon Jul 16 10:44:28 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Thanks, Stacey. If you need it mowed or help let me know. Jan
Author: Donator Barb Holcomb  Posted: Tue Jul 17 3:40:04 AM MDT 2012 From:
Once he no longer needs the special lung care that was addressed in an earlier post from the family via Mrs M., he will be transferred from the University Hospital in Regensberg to LRMC. He will only be at LRMC long enough to ensure he's stable enough for the flight to a military hospital in the US. We try to send them to the military hospital that can meet all their medical needs and be close to their home/family. It's too soon to know to which one he'll go, but his first stop will likely be Walter Reed at Bethesda, MD.
Author: boxdmc  Posted: Wed Jul 18 11:03:02 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Where is the best place to send a card to the family?
Author: neonfreedom  Posted: Wed Jul 18 11:05:58 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
It would be a great idea to buy one of those Huge cards,set a table up on main or somewhere easy to find and see and have people sign it for Chris,does any one know where to get these big cards?

[This message has been edited by neonfreedom (7/18/2012)]
Author: Ashley Earley  Posted: Wed Jul 18 1:03:11 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
We put a huge banner (Donated by ABC Glass! Thank you!) and markers in the Bogner's front yard. Everyone stop by and sign!
Author: neonfreedom  Posted: Wed Jul 18 1:06:56 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Oh thats even better thanks i didnt know that....better than my idea lol...
Author: Ashley Earley  Posted: Wed Jul 18 1:27:38 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
lol I wasn't trying to put down your idea I was just letting you and everyone know that it's there!
Author: neonfreedom  Posted: Wed Jul 18 1:32:55 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Its okay i like your idea way better then mine lol...not mad glad everyone is pitching in to make him feel better...
Author: Its Me  Posted: Wed Jul 18 5:22:19 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Author: killah511  Posted: Sun Jul 22 8:37:56 PM MDT 2012 From:
Any one know how chris is doing?
Author: Ashley Earley  Posted: Sun Jul 22 8:42:13 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Chris is now in Maryland! This is his dad's post on Facebook...

UPDATE! 7/22/12 DAY 11
Chris continues to battle. He lost some ground with his lungs yesterday, probably due to the surgerey he had although they have come back today. The doctors were hoping to begin to wein him off the breathing tube and also the sedation level but that will be delayed due to internal air bubbles that they are having trouble determining where they came from. He is tentavley scheduled for surgery tommorow for his right eye which has a detached retina among a couple other problems. During that surgery they plan to insert a scope searching for the air leak. One of the eye procedures is expected to cause a great deal of pain for about a week. With all that said it probably means mores days of heavy sedation and a breathing tube. It's hard because we just want to be able to talk to him and for him to see us and also to read to him all these caring and encouraging words that you have all left. This update will give you specific areas of prayer. Thanks in advance. KEITH
Author: killah511  Posted: Sun Jul 22 8:49:44 PM MDT 2012 From:
Thoughts and prayers are still continuing for him and his family
Author: Mrs. M  Posted: Sun Jul 22 9:07:15 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Ashlie, do you know who is watering the yard? Stacie R. was and left for five days so she told us to do it.We were doing it, but it appears someone else is...I don't want to run up their water bill so if we know someone else is doing it daily we will quit. Thanks.
Author: Ashley Earley  Posted: Sun Jul 22 9:28:15 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
I'm sure Marie is probably taking care of it but I will find out for sure tomorrow and let you know!
Copyright © 1998-2014 MilesCity.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy without permission.
MilesCity.com :: Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Rules of Conduct :: Contact Info