You are here > Top: Forums: Movies, Music & Entertainment: Rancho Deluxe
Movies, Music & Entertainment Forum Topic
You are viewing the Rancho Deluxe topic in the Movies, Music & Entertainment forum.
 Rancho Deluxe, mule train, 7/9/2012 9:33:36 PM
 RE: Rancho Deluxe, Exalted Buckaroo, 7/9/2012 10:29:57 PM
 RE: Rancho Deluxe, Bob Netherton II, 7/9/2012 11:13:20 PM
 RE: Rancho Deluxe, RS/SS, 7/10/2012 7:35:13 AM
 RE: Rancho Deluxe, mule train, 7/10/2012 12:54:00 PM
 Subject: Rancho Deluxe
Author: mule train  Posted: Mon Jul 9 9:33:36 PM MDT 2012 From: - CO
Has anyone ever seen this movie? Livingston Saturday Night! What a bad movie.
 Subject: RE: Rancho Deluxe
Author: Exalted Buckaroo  Posted: Mon Jul 9 10:29:57 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Well, you do have to admit that the "pickup truck debt" dialog was deadly accurate. big grin

Mr. Colson: I've seen more of this state's poor cowboys, miners, railroaders and Indians go broke buyin' pickup trucks. The poor people of this state are dope fiends for pickup trucks. As soon's they get ten cents ahead they trade in on a new pickup truck. The families, homesteads, schools, hospitals and happiness of Montana have been sold down the river to buy pickup trucks!... And there's a sickness here worse than alcohol and dope. It is the pickup truck debt! And there's no cure in sight.
Author: Bob Netherton II  Posted: Mon Jul 9 11:13:20 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
I thought it was pretty good. Of course I haven't seen it since it came out - late seventies I think.
Author: RS/SS  Posted: Tue Jul 10 7:35:13 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Fun show. Was living in Billings at the time and the band in the movie was a regular at the Midway Club in Billings at that time. One of the final scenes in the movie is when the rustlers came down a road to a set of corrals where the law was waiting for them. I think it is that set of corrals on the south side of the interstate as you pass just to the south side of Livingston not too far before you drop off the hill down to the river. Had an interesting cast of people as well.
Author: mule train  Posted: Tue Jul 10 12:54:00 PM MDT 2012 From: - CO
The pickup truck debt speech was pretty good. Jeff Bridges wasn't bad. Scenery great. But the plot was.....??? Overall, I was glad I watched it, but I would have to rank it low on the "Made in Montana" movies.
Copyright © 1998-2014 MilesCity.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy without permission.
MilesCity.com :: Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Rules of Conduct :: Contact Info