You are here > Top: Forums: General Discussion: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About
General Discussion Forum Topic
You are viewing the Kirby Salesman Are Out & About topic in the General Discussion forum.
 Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, Donator Colette Butcher, 7/9/2012 8:14:54 PM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, neonfreedom, 7/9/2012 8:20:28 PM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, K.Duffy, 7/10/2012 8:11:36 AM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & AboutDonator Kelly, 7/10/2012 8:21:00 AM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, neonfreedom, 7/10/2012 8:27:13 AM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, stacy regan, 7/10/2012 12:17:02 PM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, neonfreedom, 7/10/2012 12:21:53 PM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, matt oyen, 7/10/2012 9:19:59 PM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, neonfreedom, 7/10/2012 10:08:55 PM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, worldmom, 7/10/2012 11:34:29 PM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, Jeff Denton, 7/11/2012 7:51:59 AM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, homesweet, 7/12/2012 12:31:21 AM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, Dr Mac, 7/12/2012 12:35:22 AM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, neonfreedom, 7/12/2012 9:35:12 AM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & AboutDonator Gunnar Emilsson, 7/12/2012 9:41:18 AM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & AboutDonator Kelly, 8/16/2012 10:55:00 AM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, Stacie , 8/16/2012 11:57:58 AM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, neonfreedom, 8/16/2012 11:59:15 AM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, Stacie , 8/16/2012 12:01:54 PM
 RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About, neonfreedom, 8/16/2012 12:04:10 PM
 Subject: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About
Author: Donator Colette Butcher  Posted: Mon Jul 9 8:14:54 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
The Kirby salesmen are out and about this evening. We live out of town a few miles and they were just here. They are driving a blue van. Beware!!
 Subject: RE: Kirby Salesman Are Out & About
Author: neonfreedom  Posted: Mon Jul 9 8:20:28 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Thank you for warning us lol
Author: K.Duffy  Posted: Tue Jul 10 8:11:36 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Speaking of door to door solicitation...

About a week ago, a man came to our door. He said he was European and trying to meet with families that had childrenconfused He said he was here to do student teaching. Has anyone else been contacted by him? He wasn't pushy ~ of course we didn't have children, and he didn't seem interested in teaching our dog some mannersembarrassment ..could have done us a SOLID there! smile
Author: Donator Kelly  Posted: Tue Jul 10 8:21:00 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Karla,

Doesn't your dog do you a SOLID at least twice a day? laughing out loud

[This message has been edited by Kelly (7/10/2012)]
Author: neonfreedom  Posted: Tue Jul 10 8:27:13 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Haven't experienced that guy but i do have an inside source from an old sales crew that i use to be on...they sell soap..but that inside source told me that they are suppose to be hitting up this area soon like late July or in august...just an fyi and a heads up...
Author: stacy regan  Posted: Tue Jul 10 12:17:02 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Karla,,, we had a young guy in our neighborhood Saturday- said he was from Estonia,,,, staying with local family whom he named,,,trying to sell us educational resources\tools. I opted not to purchase any and at that point, he was DONE talking to me, and headed down the block. I hope it was legitimate because he named off MANY people's names I recognized who bought some of the books he was selling, and they were spendy.
Author: neonfreedom  Posted: Tue Jul 10 12:21:53 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
They name off others peoples names to make you buy cause they have names of people you know..its called referencing...its a ploy and im sure that maybe 1 out of all the people he named bought the books or what ever...how do i know you might be asking...well i used to be on a sales crew as said in previous posts we used this technique all the time....
Author: matt oyen  Posted: Tue Jul 10 9:19:59 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
my neighbors over by sewell were approached by young college guy tryin to sell magazine and when they told him not interested, he asked to come inside and use the phone, WEIRD , BEWARE, , DONT LET ANYONE IN TO YOUR HOME
Author: neonfreedom  Posted: Tue Jul 10 10:08:55 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
Well i agree with you on DONT LET ANY ONE IN UR HOME to a certain degree...not all sales people are rude,scary, or are harmful...
Author: worldmom  Posted: Tue Jul 10 11:34:29 PM MDT 2012 From: - CO
We had that kid from Estonia here last week. He rattled off all the names and occupations of the families he'd sold things to, and then my husband confronted him about whether he had those families' permission to share all that private info. He (the kid) got defensive and assured us that he did, but when it became evident we weren't buying, he left.
Author: Jeff Denton  Posted: Wed Jul 11 7:51:59 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
What's with the Estonia connection? The gal who was pushing it here was from there, she said. So was the guy peddling in Townsend last month.
Author: homesweet  Posted: Thu Jul 12 12:31:21 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
We had the kid from Estonia stop by too. Funny thing though, I know most of the families with kids in my area, and he rattled off all the names and occupations and number of kids of all of these families he had visited with, and I didnt recognize any of them :/ Not sure if he was making it up or what.
Author: Dr Mac  Posted: Thu Jul 12 12:35:22 AM MDT 2012 From: - UT
Is this the beginning of an outline for a Saturday Night Live sketch?
Author: neonfreedom  Posted: Thu Jul 12 9:35:12 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
They name off others peoples names to make you buy cause they have names of people you know..its called referencing...its a ploy and im sure that maybe 1 out of all the people he named bought the books or what ever...how do i know you might be asking...well i used to be on a sales crew as said in previous posts we used this technique all the time....THIS IS HOW 99% OS SALES PEOPLE ARE TAUGHT TO SELL...YOU REMEMBER MOST OF THE NAMES OF PREVIOUS PEOPLE YOU HAVE TALKED TO THEN SAY OH YA SO AND SO HAS BOUGHT SOME BOOKS FROM ME AND GO ON WITH THE SALES PITCH...AND HOW HE GOT THE INFORMATION OF THEIR OCCUPATION ITS CONVERSATIONS TO GET THEM TO SOME WHAT GAIN YOUR TRUST....i know cause i was a sales person on several door to door crews..
Author: Donator Gunnar Emilsson  Posted: Thu Jul 12 9:41:18 AM MDT 2012 From: - NY
You should have the Estonian Kirby saleman vacuum your mattress, neonfreedom. You'd be amazed on how much dead skin flakes will show up.
Author: Donator Kelly  Posted: Thu Aug 16 10:55:00 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
The Kirby people are back. They were in a white van and I couldn't see clearly, but I think it had a Texas license plate.

Fortunately, we have a no soliciting sign up,so I was able to chew him out for ringing the doorbell.
Author: Stacie   Posted: Thu Aug 16 11:57:58 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
They stopped at my house when I went home for lunch today. One guy was about to come through the front gate when my 2 malamutes came running over. He decided to skip my house!
Author: neonfreedom  Posted: Thu Aug 16 11:59:15 AM MDT 2012 From:
Where abouts are they now?
Author: Stacie   Posted: Thu Aug 16 12:01:54 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
They were on S. Jordan about a half hour ago.
Author: neonfreedom  Posted: Thu Aug 16 12:04:10 PM MDT 2012 From:
Okay thanks for the heads up
Copyright © 1998-2014 MilesCity.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy without permission.
MilesCity.com :: Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Rules of Conduct :: Donate | Contact Info