Kirby Salesman Are Out & About
supporter
Posted by Colette Butcher 3 years ago
The Kirby salesmen are out and about this evening. We live out of town a few miles and they were just here. They are driving a blue van. Beware!!
Posted by neonfreedom 3 years ago
Thank you for warning us lol
supporter
Posted by K.Duffy 3 years ago
Speaking of door to door solicitation...

About a week ago, a man came to our door. He said he was European and trying to meet with families that had children He said he was here to do student teaching. Has anyone else been contacted by him? He wasn't pushy ~ of course we didn't have children, and he didn't seem interested in teaching our dog some manners ..could have done us a SOLID there!
supporter
Posted by Kelly 3 years ago
Karla,

Doesn't your dog do you a SOLID at least twice a day?

[This message has been edited by Kelly (7/10/2012)]
Haven't experienced that guy but i do have an inside source from an old sales crew that i use to be on...they sell soap..but that inside source told me that they are suppose to be hitting up this area soon like late July or in august...just an fyi and a heads up...
Posted by stacy regan 3 years ago
Karla,,, we had a young guy in our neighborhood Saturday- said he was from Estonia,,,, staying with local family whom he named,,,trying to sell us educational resources\tools. I opted not to purchase any and at that point, he was DONE talking to me, and headed down the block. I hope it was legitimate because he named off MANY people's names I recognized who bought some of the books he was selling, and they were spendy.
They name off others peoples names to make you buy cause they have names of people you know..its called referencing...its a ploy and im sure that maybe 1 out of all the people he named bought the books or what ever...how do i know you might be asking...well i used to be on a sales crew as said in previous posts we used this technique all the time....
Posted by matt oyen 3 years ago
my neighbors over by sewell were approached by young college guy tryin to sell magazine and when they told him not interested, he asked to come inside and use the phone, WEIRD , BEWARE, , DONT LET ANYONE IN TO YOUR HOME
Well i agree with you on DONT LET ANY ONE IN UR HOME to a certain degree...not all sales people are rude,scary, or are harmful...
supporter
Posted by worldmom 3 years ago
We had that kid from Estonia here last week. He rattled off all the names and occupations of the families he'd sold things to, and then my husband confronted him about whether he had those families' permission to share all that private info. He (the kid) got defensive and assured us that he did, but when it became evident we weren't buying, he left.
supporter
Posted by Jeff Denton 3 years ago
What's with the Estonia connection? The gal who was pushing it here was from there, she said. So was the guy peddling in Townsend last month.
Posted by homesweet 3 years ago
We had the kid from Estonia stop by too. Funny thing though, I know most of the families with kids in my area, and he rattled off all the names and occupations and number of kids of all of these families he had visited with, and I didnt recognize any of them :/ Not sure if he was making it up or what.
Posted by Dr Mac 3 years ago
Is this the beginning of an outline for a Saturday Night Live sketch?
They name off others peoples names to make you buy cause they have names of people you know..its called referencing...its a ploy and im sure that maybe 1 out of all the people he named bought the books or what ever...how do i know you might be asking...well i used to be on a sales crew as said in previous posts we used this technique all the time....THIS IS HOW 99% OS SALES PEOPLE ARE TAUGHT TO SELL...YOU REMEMBER MOST OF THE NAMES OF PREVIOUS PEOPLE YOU HAVE TALKED TO THEN SAY OH YA SO AND SO HAS BOUGHT SOME BOOKS FROM ME AND GO ON WITH THE SALES PITCH...AND HOW HE GOT THE INFORMATION OF THEIR OCCUPATION ITS CONVERSATIONS TO GET THEM TO SOME WHAT GAIN YOUR TRUST....i know cause i was a sales person on several door to door crews..
supporter
Posted by Gunnar Emilsson 3 years ago
You should have the Estonian Kirby saleman vacuum your mattress, neonfreedom. You'd be amazed on how much dead skin flakes will show up.
supporter
Posted by Kelly 2 years ago
The Kirby people are back. They were in a white van and I couldn't see clearly, but I think it had a Texas license plate.

Fortunately, we have a no soliciting sign up,so I was able to chew him out for ringing the doorbell.
Posted by Stacie 2 years ago
They stopped at my house when I went home for lunch today. One guy was about to come through the front gate when my 2 malamutes came running over. He decided to skip my house!
Posted by neonfreedom 2 years ago
Where abouts are they now?
Posted by Stacie 2 years ago
They were on S. Jordan about a half hour ago.
Posted by neonfreedom 2 years ago
Okay thanks for the heads up