You are here > Top: Forums: National/World News & Issues: Need History Professors opinion
National/World News & Issues Forum Topic
You are viewing the Need History Professors opinion topic in the National/World News & Issues forum.
 Need History Professors opinion, howdy, 7/5/2012 7:21:42 PM
 RE: Need History Professors opinion, ABE, 7/5/2012 10:43:47 PM
 RE: Need History Professors opinion, howdy, 7/5/2012 10:59:45 PM
 RE: Need History Professors opinion, ABE, 7/5/2012 11:59:27 PM
 RE: Need History Professors opinion, howdy, 7/6/2012 12:17:47 AM
 Subject: Need History Professors opinion
Author: howdy  Posted: Thu Jul 5 7:21:42 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
this book sounds like interesting premise, but it is penned by Jesse Ventura and others so wanted to know what a better historian than myself thought of no organized parties...would it make it better??

http://www.justice-integrity.org/in...es&catid=44%3Amyblog
 Subject: RE: Need History Professors opinion
Author: ABE  Posted: Thu Jul 5 10:43:47 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
It's documented that Washington, Franklin, Jefferson all warned the people about having political parties. Although they knew it was human nature to seek the company of like minded individuals, and there the beginning of a political party, if that's what the individuals were intent on.

They, the founding fathers, all had their ideas and difference of opinions on things but in the end finaly compromised and worked together to level things out.

I think what is missing now, is the common sense to do good. There is to much of the us vs. them attitude and nobody is on the level with anyone else across the isle in fear of what the others may say about them.

In short, politics has become to political. We were warned by those before us of this and did not listen, now we are a house divided with no real uniting in the foreseeable future the way things are going.

This book would have done better written under a pen name.
Author: howdy  Posted: Thu Jul 5 10:59:45 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
But don't you think that both parties are simply opposite sides of the same coin? I don't see either party as being good for our country...Just wish there were an answer...thanks Abe...Have decided to vote so that the next appointees to the supreme court are less conservative to have more balance there...too much of either way can be bad IMO...
Author: ABE  Posted: Thu Jul 5 11:59:27 PM MDT 2012 From: - MT
In terms of left vs right, if your talking center of the line, then yes they are both different sides of the same coin. Although when speaking of the extreme side of each party, they become different coins altogether, leaving us in the middle short changed.
It's hard to stay in the gray middle area now, with each news channel, news paper, etc...proclaiming their version of the propaganda is correct and all others wrong. The way I do it, is I watch nothing but Fox news and the Daily Show, both together can give a balanced outlook on certain topics, if you can stop laughing......Jon Stewart is also funny.
Author: howdy  Posted: Fri Jul 6 12:17:47 AM MDT 2012 From: - MT
I do a great deal of reading newspapers online as well as Jon Stewart..I adore him and he is indeed funny as heck and gives me hope for our nation....I find that he can really put things in perspective...I love the British news as they don't seem to have as much of an ax to grind as others in our country do...
Copyright © 1998-2014 MilesCity.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not copy without permission.
MilesCity.com :: Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Rules of Conduct :: Donate | Contact Info